How was your pc building experience?

Ghost
Got the GPU stuck between the case and the MoBo. Almost broke it :D
@RobbieX27 My case has some weird copper brackets that help to hold the GPU in place, and my hand slipped , so the end of the PCIe connector went in, but the backplate got caught on the copper things ;D

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

I didn't really make any mistakes the first time I did my build, because I had help .
Its cheating with style

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Forget to put in standoffs.

Didn't do it myself (I did everything good in one go, ha!) but I see it happening a lot.

lol I'm guilty of that. the screws on the back of the mobo scratched up my mobo tray pretty good trying to line up the back IO.

Forgot to get a case. Box pc for a solid two weeks! (Holidays and all that)

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Cuting my finger when installing the I/O shield like ' date=' every freaking time lol[/quote']

Me too and it's not funny

My Rig

Thermaltake Level 10GT

Asus Rampage IV Extreme

Geforce GTX 690

i7 3960x Extreme

240gb Kingston SSD

3tb SATAIII X3

Corsair HX1050

Me too also forgot the power into top of the motherboard :-(

My Rig

Thermaltake Level 10GT

Asus Rampage IV Extreme

Geforce GTX 690

i7 3960x Extreme

240gb Kingston SSD

3tb SATAIII X3

Corsair HX1050

I did a Build and had a drive (ide) wich I wanted to use with a mobo without a ide connector (-.-) and since the family I build the PC for had no other PC I couldn't make a Flashdrive to boot from and had to buy a new drive for them...

I was 10 years old when i build my first pc, and i forgot to plug the 4pin cpu power connector

Trying to use the same install of windows when changing chipsets

Plugging the monitor into the wrong display out on the graphics card then wondering why you have no display.

I forgot couple years ago to put the SATA connector to the HDD when I was repairing my pc. I was like:

[h=1] ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) AAAGHHH why you no starting!!!! and after a bit of researching it was the cable not been connected. [/h]

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Bought a new GPU (7800GTX) and discovered my motherboard didn't have a PCI-E slot.

So I bought a new motherboard and discovered my CPU didn't fit inside it (socket 754 CPU, socket 939 mobo).

A GPU upgrade ended up costing a hell of a lot more than I'd planned.

Oww that's terrible start for your pc build....

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

I've built three computers, I guess my first and only mistake was bottlenecking. It's easy to do when you're a teenager blinded by numbers. Like for instance getting one of the current AMD CPUs now and getting two of the most powerful graphics cards out there in SLI/ xfire. That would be a mad bottleneck.

Or 2400 Mhz RAM with nothing but 5400 RPM HDDs, lol.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

put in the power and reset headers wrong... ended up having reset as power and vice versa...

also plugged in the 20+4 pin main power without the 4pin... sat there wondering why did the PSU manufacturer gave me 4 pin less..

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

Having all the fans pushing/pulling the wrong way. Putting the GPU in an 8X slot.

In my very first build ever which wasnt really a build, more like trying to fix some 1999 pentium thingy.

No standoffs were used.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

People closing the sidepanel before the first boot.
Yeah that side panel doest close until at least the first reboot of an OS install. And don't dare stand it upright until you see post and a setup screen confirming your components.

"Practice static safety, hack naked." - Mega Tokyo

i7-3770K, 16GB, Samsung 840PRO, R9-290X, Corsair 650D

I totally forgot motherboard standoffs! The miracle about it all is the computer did run for 2 and a half years. First when I took the computer apart I noticed it :D

On my first build, the motorboard I bought had a sticker that covered all the back-IO ports.

Me, very happy with all my new shiny components starts fitting everything in, IO-shield, cpu, RAM, GPU, did all the cables, mounted the H60.

And then I try to plug in my keyboard and mouse in the back IO for a first boot.

The freaking sticker was still on it and I didn't manage to get it from behind the IO-plate.

Within 5 minutes of building my first pc I already had to break it down again :p

Finished everything only to realize I didn't have a DVI-DVI cable for my monitor, because for some reason it only included a vga-dvi cable and I didn't have any way to connect my PC to a monitor, to makes matters worse it was late Saturday so I had to wait 2 days with a complete build which I couldn't even use.

Forgetting to flip the power switch on the PSU.
I´t happens to all of us!

putting in my ram wrong , only had a lock on one side (asus board) and it would not start up , i tryed buying new ram and found out before buying new ram that it was just in tight enough :D oops