'Batman: Arkham Knight' PC Players Slam Rocksteady Studios' Free Game Compensation Gift [Update 14]

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

WTF, why??!!!

the game is locked at 30 fps and the nvidia youtube video is a 1080p 60 fps video, why nvidia? why rocksteady? give us a proper game

It says only 31% of 5.4k reviews are positive. LOL

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Nvidia releases a 60 fps gameplay video just before launch:  I see what you did there Nvidia :)  (trying to pretend you didn't know about the 30fps cap)

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

SLI profile doesn't work for me with the game ready drivers.  Probably a good thing since it sounds broken from the release notes.

That said with a single 980 at 4K with everything on I'm getting 30-40 FPS.  It does seem to stutter a bit from my CPU though at times. Or VRAM.  One of the two.

Nvidia releases a 60 fps gameplay video just before launch:  I see what you did there Nvidia  :)  (trying to pretend you didn't know about the 30fps cap)

It's a very simple .ini edit to fix.

What happened is they copy and pasted the config from consoles.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Nvidia releases a 60 fps gameplay video just before launch:  I see what you did there Nvidia :)  (trying to pretend you didn't know about the 30fps cap)

Yeah, remember when Linus released some 60fps content on youtube but it was just 30fps source that he doubled?  And no one caught it...That was good :)

Tries to stir shit up.  I doubt Nvidia did anything intentional here.

Yeah, remember when Linus released some 60fps content on youtube but it was just 30fps source that he doubled?  And no one caught it...That was good :)

It's hard to tell the difference when its stationary footage with a talking head.

It's much easier to spot the difference in gaming, especially between 30 and 60 fps. I would argue there's true 60fps footage in this video, at least the part where batman is diving with the cape spread out. There is some noticeable frame dips in other parts which reduce the smoothness effect.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

the game is locked at 30 fps and the nvidia youtube video is a 1080p 60 fps video, why nvidia? why rocksteady? give us a proper game

The game is definitely 60FPS in that video. I don't think that the cap was intentional.

The game is definitely 60FPS in that video. I don't think that the cap was intentional.

Oh I think you're right. Probably an oversight from an inexperienced dev team that was RIDICULOUSLY understaffed... I mean, seriously, 12-man team to make a PC Port of a AAA game? Were they high when Bungie made that decision?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's hard to tell the difference when its stationary footage with a talking head.

Agreed.  Apparently that did not stop people from telling Linus how much better it looked though.

It's much easier to spot the difference in gaming, especially between 30 and 60 fps. I would argue there's true 60fps footage in this video, at least the part where batman is diving with the cape spread out. There is some noticeable frame dips in other parts which reduce the smoothness effect.

Yeah I hate frame dips too, they're the worst.  But I do wonder how much of this is because people watch their fps counter, especially when I catch some gameplay footage.  Some of these people flatout suck at gaming and no amount of fps will make them better at it.

I do sympathize though.  Getting a lemon is always a pain in the ass.

Look like i was pretty much right when i said they copy/pasted the console version, slapped on gameworks and send it of for release without any testing at all. 2 months? Seriously? So glad i canceled my ps4 version. I want nothing to do with games like this anymore. Interested to see how they're gonna fix this pile of shit though.

would be very interesting to see how the game ran before gameworks was implemented. Im guessing perfectly.

I have no signature

Good thing im not into batman games. Pretty disappointing though. Sucks to be those guys who pre-ordered it. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Welp guess I will wait till it's fixed and on sale 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Good thing im not into batman games. Pretty disappointing though. Sucks to be those guys who pre-ordered it. 

Doesn't matter, already got my refund.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

Rocksteady has finally got its act together and is working closely with the team over at Iron Galaxy Studios in order to get the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight up to scratch after its initial release fell flat and had to be pulled from Steam entirely.

The first patch for the game comes in at 67MB and brings some important fixes to the mix, such as allowing motion blur to be disabled in the .ini file, allowing users to verify their game files in Steam without having to re-download the whole game and fixing up a bug that disabled rain and ambient occlusion effects that are present in the console versions of the game.

5b3911247ff7040068343e45581d6068.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It says only 31% of 5.4k reviews are positive. LOL

Probably people with intel HD 2500 that though that it was running as expected  :ph34r:

/jk

This is a signature.

For the first time in a long time, I actually have respect for a AAA publisher. It sucks all of this happened in the first place, since I've watched a bit of an LP of it and it looks really good.

Ramsay-Bolton-Profile.png

Only 12 men, eh? 

Was a Bolton heading the port process? 

Ramsay <3

• 2 months later...
Update 9 - Batman: Arkham Knight patch released, removed , might be close to releasing the fixed game on PC. 

Steam users who opted into the beta version of Batman: Arkham Knight managed to get hold of a patch yesterday that apparently fixed a lot of the problems the game had at launch. As of writing, however, the patch is no longer available.

Many of those in the forums who did manage to try the patch have said it makes the game run "butter smooth", with one reporting that it adds lots of graphics options and "even a bar to show how much Vram is being used". Another says they got constant 60fps, with possibly only a minor drop when driving.

Warner Brothers did say recently that we'd receive a new patch in the next few weeks, one that would fix the worst issues and expand the graphics options, so hopefully that's what these beta users managed to get their hands on and the rest of us should get it soon. Maybe then the game will be re-released, and then we'll get our hands on that Batgirl DLC.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I wonder if they will have the wherewithal to actually charge full price upon re-releasing it.

Hope not. Of if they do, I hope no one buys it and the price plummets like, 2 weeks after.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wonder if they will have the wherewithal to actually charge full price upon re-releasing it.

Hope not. Of if they do, I hope no one buys it and the price plummets like, 2 weeks after.

After getting torn apart by the PC community the best thing that can happen is for the fixed game to be a hit with PC gamers and make them a lot of money, which I'm sure it will. That sends the right message that to them and other devs that we won't tolerate shit but will gladly pay for quality work.

Still a bit sad that 2.5 months later we don't have an eta for the fixed version.

nae4i.jpg

Terrible stuttering . Literally game could not display new frame for a few seconds. 

Game runs fine for me, even in 3 monitors, as far as fps goes. But it crashes every 20 minutes or so and I get a "fatal error".

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

After getting torn apart by the PC community the best thing that can happen is for the fixed game to be a hit with PC gamers and make them a lot of money, which I'm sure it will. That sends the right message that to them and other devs that we won't tolerate shit but will gladly pay for quality work.

Still a bit sad that 2.5 months later we don't have an eta for the fixed version.

An interesting theory.

I find it funny that while this is going on, the big "official" reviewers are giving the new Mad Max game bad or poor reviews, while the actual gaming community is loving it. TB said in his port report that it was one of the best PC ports he had ever seen. I wasn't even that interested in the game until I watched his port report on it, and seeing that dust storm made me want to actually buy it. Kinda shows how the gaming industry is as screwed up as the movie industry. 90% of the time when a movie gets rave reviews, me and my family end up hating it, when it gets bad reviews, we end up loving it.

(just so you don't have to look for it if you want to watch it)

It really does look like a hell of a lot of fun. Has Overwhelmingly positive reviews on steam.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

An interesting theory.

I find it funny that while this is going on, the big "official" reviewers are giving the new Mad Max game bad or poor reviews, while the actual gaming community is loving it. TB said in his port report that it was one of the best PC ports he had ever seen. I wasn't even that interested in the game until I watched his port report on it, and seeing that dust storm made me want to actually buy it. Kinda shows how the gaming industry is as screwed up as the movie industry. 90% of the time when a movie gets rave reviews, me and my family end up hating it, when it gets bad reviews, we end up loving it.

(just so you don't have to look for it if you want to watch it)

It really does look like a hell of a lot of fun. Has Overwhelmingly positive reviews on steam.

for a game with no details and all desert of course it runs fine, the same thing the MSGV tbh.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker