'Batman: Arkham Knight' PC Players Slam Rocksteady Studios' Free Game Compensation Gift [Update 14]

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

for a game with no details and all desert of course it runs fine, the same thing the MSGV tbh.

Have you not seen the dust storms? You actually see the storm come rolling in across the desert as it begins. Which I think is pretty badass. (jump to 14:06 in the port report)

I dunno, I just think it looks fun. Waiting for an official TB WTF is.... before purchasing though. A port report is not a review.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Have you not seen the dust storms?

I dunno, I just think it looks fun. Waiting for an official TB WTF is.... before purchasing though. A port report is not a review.

i can't belive we're in 2015 and getting excited about a dust storm in a game... 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i can't belive we're in 2015 and getting excited about a dust storm in a game... 

Meh, I've never seen an open world game where you can watch a weather system come rolling in.

Meh, I've never seen an open world game where you can watch a weather system come rolling in.

well ive already played AC 4, so i know how that goes, it's only magical once. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

well ive already played AC 4, so i know how that goes, it's only magical once. 

Probably true. I've never played any of the AC games beyond the first one, and that was only for like ten minutes before I hated it.

Seems weird. A lot of people seem to like mad max, but a lot of the reviewers seem to hate it. Although the reviews I've read or watched all seem to be by people who would be more at home playing CoD.

Complaint "omg, you have to pick up a crap load of scrap and spare parts to upgrade your car!"

.....so you'd rather pick up like, 5 of them to upgrade your car?

It just seems like the complaints are either contrived, personal dislikes, or coming from people who don't like games with a lot of playtime (games like skyrim)

An interesting theory.

I find it funny that while this is going on, the big "official" reviewers are giving the new Mad Max game bad or poor reviews, while the actual gaming community is loving it. TB said in his port report that it was one of the best PC ports he had ever seen. I wasn't even that interested in the game until I watched his port report on it, and seeing that dust storm made me want to actually buy it. Kinda shows how the gaming industry is as screwed up as the movie industry. 90% of the time when a movie gets rave reviews, me and my family end up hating it, when it gets bad reviews, we end up loving it.

(just so you don't have to look for it if you want to watch it)

It really does look like a hell of a lot of fun. Has Overwhelmingly positive reviews on steam.

Isn't a shame that we give a sigh of relief that a game actually runs decent to good and we want it, even though it might not be the first choice of game to buy if all games were running at as good as mad max?

Rock On!

Isn't a shame that we give a sigh of relief that a game actually runs decent to good and we want it, even though it might not be the first choice of game to buy if all games were running at as good as mad max?

Absolutely.

Getting 'Overwhelmingly positive' reviews on steam is quite an achievement.

That's what I thought. How can a game get 6/10 or worse from the big name reviewers like gamespot, but then be an absolute hit with the actual gamers? To me that says that the reviewers are either out of touch with the community, or they are following some sort of agenda (well made, expensive to make games = bad | poorly made, cheap to make games = good)

(just so you don't have to look for it if you want to watch it)

Wow. I now have no choice but to give them my money.

People seem to think it's fun to play. And good graphics, no stuttering, He held 120fps in a sand-storm.

Wow. I now have no choice but to give them my money.

People seem to think it's fun to play. And good graphics, no stuttering, He held 120fps in a sand-storm.

Not sure if serious, or sarcasm.

Either way it looks fun. I'll probably have to buy it on steam sale, broke as a joke.

That's what I thought. How can a game get 6/10 or worse from the big name reviewers like gamespot, but then be an absolute hit with the actual gamers? To me that says that the reviewers are either out of touch with the community, or they are following some sort of agenda (well made, expensive to make games = bad | poorly made, cheap to make games = good)

It's almost as if we've had a year long drama/schism between gamers and game journalists about something very similar to that.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

It's almost as if we've had a year long drama/schism between gamers and game journalists about something very similar to that.

Indeed. Wasn't necessarily trying to open that can of worms, was just making an observation that some of the reviews of MM seem a bit out of touch.

Have you not seen the dust storms? You actually see the storm come rolling in across the desert as it begins. Which I think is pretty badass. (jump to 14:06 in the port report)

I have it. Picked it up for $20. Buy it. Most optimized game I have ever played. Runs on triple monitor at 60fps with everything on the highest on a single 970. Gameplay is amazing.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I have it. Picked it up for $20. Buy it. Most optimized game I have ever played. Runs on triple monitor at 60fps with everything on the highest on a single 970. Gameplay is amazing.

Will definitely look at it. How'd you get it for $20? Can you do first person?

Will definitely look at it. How'd you get it for $20? Can you do first person?

g2a. And yes you can. In car.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

g2a. And yes you can. In car.

That would require paypal, can't use paypal, have some issues with it. Can't get into the account, can't recover because it is using an old card number that we no longer have.

:(

That would require paypal, can't use paypal, have some issues with it. Can't get into the account, can't recover because it is using an old card number that we no longer have.

:(

I feel you. I have had so many problems with PayPal. Sometimes it works and others it doesn't. I think I saw it on gmg (steam key) for like $40ish. Hell, this is one of the very few games I'd spend $60 for.

@christianled59 From TB's port report on the game it sounds like it's very similar to batman in terms of the combat is it enough different to feel refreshing? I haven't watched the movie so I have no idea what the general story is like. I would pick it up but MGS:V is too good atm. Probably a good game to pick up on a steam sale down the road or g2a.  

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

• 1 month later...

Batman: Arkham Knight Gets Re-Released On PC October 28 [update 10]

Four months after being pulled from sale due to poor performance, bugs and various other inadequacies, the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knightgoes back on sale next week, along with all the DLC early PC players have missed.

Warner Bros. promised the end of this month, and here we are. The game goes back on sale at 1 PM Eastern next Wednesday the company said in a statement on Steam, coinciding with a release of a content patch that includes Photo Mode, Big Head Mode, character selection and AR challenges. Season pass holders will gain access to all of the story packs released so far, excluding console exclusives.

Source : http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710064900030355

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/24/9607846/batman-arkham-knight-pc-steam-launch-broken-bugs

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Update 11 - After four months of sale suspension, Warner Bros. brought Batman: Arkham Knight back to Steam. The new version is the most updated one, having received two patches to iron things out and deliver an acceptable port.

However, according to the publisher, two of the issues the game suffered initially have not been fixed in the new release. “After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions,” reads a new update by Warner.

“If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue.”

This paging issue is one of the key reasons most PC users suffered from hitching and and stuttering, which was arguably the most egregious and hard to put up with out of any of its other problems.

Furthermore, the new blog post advises users on Windows 10 to have at least 12GB of RAM for the game to “operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.” The game’s recommended specs still ask for 8GB of RAM.

Looking over Reddit, as well as the Steam forums, reveals a bleak picture as well. A large number of users are reporting massive performance issues, with some claiming the new patches have made things worse.

Crucially, key issues such as stuttering, freezing and dropped frames still plague the game, despite it mostly achieving 60fps on high-end hardware, according to a few Reddit users.

Some fans are cynically believing all the re-release achieved was deliver add-on content to those who own the season pass, not to mention add support for future DLCs.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I reinstalled the game on my SSD. Check my rig in my signature.

Even if I set everything on low, the most I can get is 29-30FPS.

In the mean time, I can play The Witcher 3 at max settings, with a 1440P DSR @60FPS steady.

WP WB.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I reinstalled the game on my SSD. Check my rig in my signature.

SLI is your problem, try playing it on a single card 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I tried, and the performance are the same because in SLI, both cards are used between 40-50%.

And please, how can SLI be my problem when other games are running perfectly ?

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I tried, and the performance are the same because in SLI, both cards are used between 40-50%.

And please, how can SLI be my problem when other games are running perfectly ?

Coz SLI profiles are still not updated after the released, wait for an update.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker