Fallout 4 is official

Bouzoo

Gamebryo. What'd you expect?

I really hope they see sense and move away from that asap

I agree When I first saw the dog I was like hmm looks flat, but on the other hand it looks VERY colourful.

Idk how I feel about that, I mean. Its meant to be post-apocyliptic, I highly doubt most people's first objective would be to paint their signs or whatever, i'm atleast hoping for the things that are coloured to be battered, cracked, charred etc..

Oh yeah let's pump the fucking game with Crysis 3, Witcher 3 or or other heavy game graphics out there... fuck that, this is Fallout and it looks good enough for this generation. What the hell is happening with these kids these days all they talk is about the fucking graphics.

It's not about what's good enough. Fallout is meant to be immersive. I can't be immersed if I keep seeing sharp turns where there should be a smooth curve, it just doesn't work. I want something that doesn't look like it was produced as an expansion to f3, I want something that *can* punch with sc in terms of texture and mesh quality. Not something that lacks behind looking clunky.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

It's not about what's good enough. Fallout is meant to be immersive. I can't be immersed if I keep seeing sharp turns where there should be a smooth curve, it just doesn't work. I want something that doesn't look like it was produced as an expansion to f3, I want something that *can* punch with sc in terms of texture and mesh quality. Not something that lacks behind looking clunky.

I'm seeing that trailer again, IDK it looked good for me.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Well at least they showed us in-engine footage. So this can mean that they have the engine working with good enough graphics.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

You can pre-order it now from bethesda's website.

Although I'm not going to.

I don't pre-order... but if they have a Limited Edition like Skyrim had... IDK what I'm gonna do.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I don't pre-order... but if they have a Limited Edition like Skyrim had... IDK what I'm gonna do.

If they do a pre order thing like the f3 one. I need it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Wrong there are details in the trailer that you need to look for. Like we know the game shows before the fallout and maybe after or just after or way after. It's also likely Boston. 

Yea, besides that...

With the engine they're using, besides I'm not the one saying "graphics doesn't look that impressive"... on the contrary. 

Of course you're not the one saying it, I am. And I was worried the beth would throw next gen level graphics on fallout 4, which would make it hard for graphic mods to make the game look better. 

Besides I'm not exclaiming "What the hell is happening with these kids these days" when opinions differ.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yea, besides that...

Of course your not the one saying it, I am. And I was worried the beth would throw next gen level graphics on fallout 4, which would make it hard for graphic mods to make the game look

better. 

Besides I'm not exclaiming "What the hell is happening with these kids these days" when opinions differ.

There are some return weapon models. Like the mini gun and the laser rifle. There also looks like there is a scrap type weapon. Also this is probably gameplay footage but heavily;y scripted like cut scenes but rendered live. I say this because the textures look crap. It also looks like Unreal engine because of the Mr Gutsy shine. It looks like the Unreal layering technique for metals. There where some others, but I saw duct tape on the wall. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Yea, besides that...

Of course your not the one saying it, I am. And I was worried the beth would throw next gen level graphics on fallout 4, which would make it hard for graphic mods to make the game look

better

Graphic mods should never be a requirement for a game, this is actually one of my biggest pet peeves with Bethesda besides that engine. They get away with having lacklustre textures, meshes, bugs all over the place because modders pick up the slack... This really shouldn't be the case

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Now that I saw the trailer again, made me think, I'm glad they're showing us actual in-game engine rather than lie to us with pumped graphics like some companies do in E3. We do now know what to expect, at least for now. 

Now that I saw the trailer again, made me think, I'm glad they're showing us actual in-game engine rather than lie to us with pumped graphics like some companies do in E3. We do now know what to expect, at least for now.

Oooooorrr it's a giant baite and switch. The textures and meshes are actually super awesome, they're just dumbing it down :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oooooorrr it's a giant baite and switch. The textures and meshes are actually super awesome, they're just dumbing it down :P

That would actually be really interesting.

I really hope they see sense and move away from that asap

Too late for that now.

But still, it's a pretty versatile engine and it's not that bad looking given the scale.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

There are some return weapon models. Like the mini gun and the laser rifle. There also looks like there is a scrap type weapon. Also this is probably gameplay footage but heavily;y scripted like cut scenes but rendered live. I say this because the textures look crap. It also looks like Unreal engine because of the Mr Gutsy shine. It looks like the Unreal layering technique for metals. There where some others, but I saw duct tape on the wall. 

I'm also guessing that they might not be using tress fx and hairworks or stuff that might damage performance. 

Graphic mods should never be a requirement for a game, this is actually one of my biggest pet peeves with Bethesda besides that engine. They get away with having lacklustre textures, meshes, bugs all over the place because modders pick up the slack... This really shouldn't be the case

Yeap, I fully agree to this, but then of course this is one of the things I secretly wish for... Doing some work to achieve the ultimate graphics and then doing more to improve the game. I'm disappointed and happy at the same time, but more happy than disappointed.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

True but you gotta remember it's mutliplatform, which means they gotta get it stable as possible for consoles and unfortunately that will hinder the PC side of things.

Of course who knows? Maybe the PC version comes with stellar graphics, we'll just have to wait and see.

That would be a nice tactic lol 

Only if it included nice stuff, like a map and maybe commemorative bottle cap. I've no desire for a stupid bobble head.

I liked the coin and map thing they did with oblivion.

Oooooorrr it's a giant baite and switch. The textures and meshes are actually super awesome, they're just dumbing it down  :P

I would prefer to see them come out and say "oh by the way, this was the console version, the PC version is going to be using a newer engine that looks better and can do more" or something.

Just to let the peasants know where they stand in the grand scheme of things.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Grrr grrr texutres grrr grrr i can't have fun in a game without 8k textures grrr grrr fallout sucks

Seriously guys. If you don't like the game, just say it. Fallout 4 could like 3 or NV and I wouldn't give a shit because I got to play new Fallout.

Fallout has always been a game that can look however you want it to. As long as the atmosphere is there I could give less of shit about graphics. If duct tape textures being a little too blurry takes you out of the game then it sounds like Fallout wouldn't be for you anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Only if it included nice stuff, like a map and maybe commemorative bottle cap. I've no desire for a stupid bobble head.

I would prefer to see them come out and say "oh by the way, this was the console version, the PC version is going to be using a newer engine that looks better and can do more" or something.

Why would they want to do that? Referring to your customer base as peasants isn't a good marketing tactic. If that was the console version and the PC versio will look better than I think they'd try to keep it pretty low key so as not to anger their console fans.

Won't happen :P

Same old engine, same old multi-threaded issues

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

So, nobody's considered yet that they might use Creation? It's based off of Gamebryo so it would make sense that the difference is a little hard to notice.

We have no idea. The last time we got a Gamebryo engine iteration (I've no doubt that we'll be using a Gamebryo derivative for FO4) was Skyrim with the Creation Engine in 2011. 4 or 5 years before Fallout 4 comes (depending on release date). A lot of time for iteration and improvement.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

It's really funny you mention Unreal engine, because that thought crept into my head while watching the trailer. I had dismissed it because I figured Beth would be using their own in-house engine, but who knows.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It's really funny you mention Unreal engine, because that thought crept into my head while watching the trailer. I had dismissed it because I figured Beth would be using their own in-house engine, but who knows.

It's got a lot of hallmark Gamebryo things in the trailer. Stuff like animations and the like. An improved Gamebryo, but Gamebryo none the less. Like how you can tell every Call of Duty game is based of the same Quake engine.

Why would they want to do that? Referring to your customer base as peasants isn't a good marketing tactic. If that was the console version and the PC versio will look better than I think they'd try to keep it pretty low key so as not to anger their console fans.

I didn't say they would call them peasants, I was calling them peasants.

Sadly, you're correct.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Grrr grrr texutres grrr grrr i can't have fun in a game without 8k textures grrr grrr fallout sucks

Seriously guys. If you don't like the game, just say it. Fallout 4 could like 3 or NV and I wouldn't give a shit because I got to play new Fallout.

Fallout has always been a game that can look however you want it to. As long as the atmosphere is there I could give less of shit about graphics. If duct tape textures being a little too blurry takes you out of the game then it sounds like Fallout wouldn't be for you anyway.

I don't think you get the point of most people's complaints here.

It's 2015. Star citizen is a thing. We know what the standard of graphics is set at. But seeing a "AAA" title with graphics that are relatively lacking isn't a very good way to go about things. It doesn't have to have the most ultra super high UHD textures on character models that alone account for 9billion polys but it does have to look good. While I have no doubt it'll be fixed by modders in due course, it shouldn't have to be like that.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler