Scrapyard Wars Episode 2 - The Scrappening

Linus, what you should do is have a company sponsor you and have them send you their new product or product that they want more exposure for, then you do a scrapyard wars like you normally would, but you have to use whatever the company sent you, then you mention them at the beginning and end of the video like you would a CES video. That should cover the cost of doing a scrapyard wars and possibly knock one part off the list.

You are building oil-submerged systems, storage arrays with 36 ssd's, you are messing with sockets and cooling of dual 18 core xeons, you are building a whole room water cooling in an office you will leave...

But when you make a video about something we can actually use or do ourselves, you put it on a paid channel because creating a scrapyard wars about 300 USD computers is too expensive??

Don't hate, when you run a business like his,.. you do what you can,.. when you can, however you can.

If that means doing something that people don't like, for the sake of your company, thats just how it is.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

'So what if I want to put a goldfish in my reservoir?' 

Officially sanctioned by Linus himself :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Don't hate, when you run a business like his,.. you do what you can,.. when you can, however you can.

If that means doing something that people don't like, for the sake of your company, thats just how it is.

Then expect dislike reactions.

I assume eventually it will be on YouTube, posted by linustechtips. No problem.

Or just be respectful, it costs him money to produce content for you.

You are building oil-submerged systems, storage arrays with 36 ssd's, you are messing with sockets and cooling of dual 18 core xeons, you are building a whole room water cooling in an office you will leave...

But when you make a video about something we can actually use or do ourselves, you put it on a paid channel because creating a scrapyard wars about 300 USD computers is too expensive??

That's a twisted way to put what he said. 

He said they aren't making money on these series. They don't have sponsors interested in them. 

As he explained before, filming over 3 days with multiple cameras, then having to have editors crunch through all that film to compile an episode is EXPENSIVE when you are paying someone to do the work. A company that does this and isn't hitting the break even point, means they lose money to make the episodes.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

M8, the xeons were given for free, the ssds were free, the oil build was majorly sponsored...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Linus = You Suck

Luke = What A Dick 

This One is LOL

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

So Glad that I jumped on the Vessel train when I did. Props to you guys for what looks to be another awesome and hilarious series!

Ok I saw the title to this thread today and I thought there was another episode coming my way sooner than later.  I had heard they planned to release one per week yes but I though oh wait they have changed things up.  Man **** that ****ed up title!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I assume eventually it will be on YouTube, posted by linustechtips. No problem.

Or just be respectful, it costs him money to produce content for you

He has the right to dislike if he wants to. Disliking != Disrespecting. I don't think he said anything that should get you all defensive IMHO.

After hearing the challenge, I feel like I'm watching a train wreck. It's horrifying, but I can't look away.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I was just wondering.  Linus was worrying about how he was going to make a aluminium water cooling block to go with the cooper pipes and that he needed some anti corrosion stuff.  Why couldn't he make the block out of cooper instead.  Did he not have any copper, is cooper to expensive or do they make bad water cooling blocks?

Thanks

When it be on youtube

Later Saturday night if you're in North America. Early Sunday for Europe.

I can't wait for the next episode!!!!!!!!!!!

Linus, what you should do is have a company sponsor you and have them send you their new product or product that they want more exposure for, then you do a scrapyard wars like you normally would, but you have to use whatever the company sent you, then you mention them at the beginning and end of the video like you would a CES video. That should cover the cost of doing a scrapyard wars and possibly knock one part off the list.

a Sponsor isn't gonna chuck 10 grand at linus for this.... Which realistically is probably around what this series is costing when you factor in $1,000 in parts..... Gas money.... 2 hosts + 2 camera operators for a week + roughly 5 weeks of ed's time editing 

You've got to factor all of that in.... It's not just the $1,000 in parts that has a monetary cost to throw this together

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1FM9kfy

Amazon: http://geni.us/1xaO

Scrapyard Wars has been taken up a notch. We built $300 PCs in 2 days last time, and this time we want to build $300 PCs in 3 days... but we have to liquid cool them.. without using ANY off the shelf water cooling components. Strap on, cuz dis gun be good!

Vessel link: https://www.vessel.com/videos/T_47bk9-z

YouTube link: TBD

i had a cool idea create a playlist on youtube/vessel for scrapyard wars and put the episodes up as 1 long episode to make it easier for people in the future when there is 15-20 episodes a few years from now, new users / we can go back and watch the episodes easily in FULL

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Don't mind the vessel thing I can wait...you have to make money.when it drops to youtube can we have them all at once? Or would there be a reason to release one a week?

I do not mind them utilizing Vessel. I don't know why people are so upset about it. He's gone into how much it's starting to cost to run his company with the new location and the amount of employees he now has. I don't understand why so many people are upset about it. You don't want to pay to get early access that's fine. I agree with you but you can't sit there and post about being pissed about having to wait for it on youtube when you are getting it for free.

I enjoy this series very much. It's something that would be fun! I have an idea that would be pretty cool. Have guest participants or even have like a contest where a fan gets to compete! That'd be pretty sweet!

I look forward to watching episode 2!

I do not mind them utilizing Vessel. I don't know why people are so upset about it. He's gone into how much it's starting to cost to run his company with the new location and the amount of employees he now has. I don't understand why so many people are upset about it. You don't want to pay to get early access that's fine. I agree with you but you can't sit there and post about being pissed about having to wait for it on youtube when you are getting it for free.

I would have preferred if they utilized the premium channel functionality on youtube for that stuff, rather than a hipster video service that will be dead within a year or two.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I would have preferred if they utilized the premium channel functionality on youtube for that stuff, rather than a hipster video service that will be dead within a year or two.

That's an understandable and constructive opinion versus the "wtf why only vessel. this is ballz" crap so far. Personally, although I would love to support them even more, I just can't pay for early access knowing that it will be free a week later. For those that do want to though I'm glad Linus and the team offer solution for them but people who aren't willing have no reason to complain about having to wait a week.

Ohhh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ