The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

1. Agreed. It's a huge joke in the context of it being to the point of tiring since it's just about everywhere on the internet now.

2. You can be against them all you want, but you can't deny that the consoles are keeping the gaming industry alive outside of World of Warcraft, Dota 2 and League of Legends.

your point 2 makes now sense as more pc hardware is sold every year than console hardware. More games are bought by pc users (and more revenue generated as a result) every year as well. Hell I just bought a peripheral for my pc that cost more than either console and want to buy another peripheral that supplements it that also coast more than either console.

to further my point the pc gaming industry in 2014 did 24 Billion USD in games revenue. WoW does ~ 150 Million a month in revenue from subs, which means WoW is pulling in 1.7 billion in subs per year. Dota and Leagues don't pull near that much to my knowledge (as they aren't sub based) so to be generous lets say those 3 combined do 4 Billion USD in revenue a year, where does the other 20 Billion come from?

In the same way the Xbox One and PS4 do not prevent devs from giving high end PC users a good experience be. It's not to hard to scale between the two. Lots of games have proved that.

except the devs aim for their games to max out on the current gen consoles then when they port 99% of them don't bother trying to take advantage of higher end hardware found on the PC side so we are left with the same/marginally better graphics.

honey, you can picture it how you want, but this is the state of facts jn647GL.png

EDIT: the standalone content were DLC, later released as standalone, the TBGT and TLATD are DLC

Nice backpedal.

So what was your point again? RockStar called two things which were big enough to be called expansions for DLC so therefore expansion pack falls under DLC?

I can give you a dozen of examples where publishers have differentiated between DLC and expansions as well (Shivering Isles is the first one that comes to minds).

If RockStar was in charge of setting the definition then you'd have a point, but they aren't.

There are no hard lines separating DLC from expansion pack in my definition either. Maybe RockStar didnt feel like the individual episodes were big enough? Or maybe they didn't want to call it an expansion because it didn't follow the main character from GTA 4?

I don't understand your argument so can you please elaborate.

Nice backpedal.

So what was your point again? RockStar called two things which were big enough to be called expansions for DLC so therefore expansion pack falls under DLC?

I can give you a dozen of examples where publishers have differentiated between DLC and expansions as well (Shivering Isles is the first one that comes to minds).

If RockStar was in charge of setting the definition then you'd have a point, but they aren't.

There are no hard lines separating DLC from expansion pack in my definition either. Maybe RockStar didnt feel like the individual episodes were big enough? Or maybe they didn't want to call it an expansion because it didn't follow the main character from GTA 4?

I don't understand your argument so can you please elaborate.

i am not backpedaling anything , they are the same DLC they've always been, the game is still called GTA 4 : TBGT and GTA 4 : TLAD in the opening titles and the original game still asks me to download the DLC using microsoft credits in GFWL, just because it was also released on standalone doesn't mean you suddenly became credible.

your point : if the content is large = expansion = Bullshit 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

2. You can be against them all you want, but you can't deny that the consoles are keeping the gaming industry alive outside of World of Warcraft, Dota 2 and League of Legends.

Two years in a row now, Paradox's CEO has ranted about how PC has been "dying" since 2003

[He's referring to Cities Skylines in the last tweet]

I have a feeling this might turn into a "tradition" for Fredrik

Two years in a row now, Paradox's CEO has ranted about how PC has been "dying" since 2003

[He's referring to Cities Skylines in the last tweet]

I have a feeling this might turn into a "tradition" for Fredrik

oh look, suddenly someone tweeting a rant became more credible than facts, that's it guys everyone tweet your opinions, it will be considered credible if someone links your tweet.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

i am not backpedaling anything , they are the same DLC they've always been, the game is still called GTA 4 : TBGT and GTA 4 : TLAD in the opening titles and the original game still asks me to download the DLC using microsoft credits in GFWL, just because it was also released on standalone doesn't mean you suddenly became credible.

your point : if the content is large = expansion = Bullshit 

It's backpedaling because first the argument was about EFLC but then as it turned out that was a standalone game, so you changed it to argue about TBOGT and TLAD instead.

Please explain how my point of "if the additional content is enough it should be called an expansion" is bullshit. Again, RockStar is not in charge of defining the word any more than Bethesda is, so using what RockStar says as your sole argument is not a valid one.

Edit: Just Googled to see what other people think about the "expansion is DLC" debate, and it seems like most people agree with my definition.

Steam Forum

GameFAQs Forum

Stack Exchange

2K Forum

I think it's widely accepted that DLC are small additions to games while expansions are large.

It's backpedaling because first the argument was about EFLC but then as it turned out that was a standalone game, so you changed it to argue about TBOGT and TLAD instead.

Please explain how my point of "if the additional content is enough it should be called an expansion" is bullshit. Again, RockStar is not in charge of defining the word any more than Bethesda is, so using what RockStar says as your sole argument is not a valid one.

are you saying TBGT and TLAD were small and not massive ? so by your definition they are expansion, except it isn't  = your definition = BS

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

are you saying TBGT and TLAD were small and not massive ? so by your definition they are expansion, except it isn't  = your definition = BS

See

Again, RockStar is not in charge of defining the word any more than Bethesda is, so using what RockStar says as your sole argument is not a valid one.

What you are doing right now is saying "RockStar used this definition so therefore everyone else uses it incorrectly". The only bullshit here is that logic, because you for some unknown reason values RockStar's use of the word over what other game developers and (what appears to be) the majority of the buyers.

RockStar is not the authority in charge of defining what is DLC and what is an expansion (or if the two are the same thing) so you can't use what RockStar used once as the absolute definition.

Please explain how my definition is bullshit without resorting to "RockStar used this definition once so therefore it is the only correct one" please.

See

What you are doing right now is saying "RockStar used this definition so therefore everyone else uses it incorrectly". The only bullshit here is that logic, because you for some unknown reason values RockStar's use of the word over what other game developers and (what appears to be) the majority of the buyers.

RockStar is not the authority in charge of defining what is DLC and what is an expansion (or if the two are the same thing) so you can't use what RockStar used once as the absolute definition.

Please explain how my definition is bullshit without resorting to "RockStar used this definition once so therefore it is the only correct one" please.

no what i am saying is your definition of expansion is BS, you will call rockstar BS since they don't agree with your idea, you live in a world where you think you are the centre of the world , no, regardless of what you think, there's facts and there's non sense, you are choosing what fits your argument that is all. as i said, expansion is just an other prettier word for DLC. anything you say from now one is just circlejerk arguments.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

no what i am saying is your definition of expansion is BS, you will call rockstar BS since they don't agree with your idea, you live in a world where you think you are the centre of the world , no, regardless of what you think, there's facts and there's non sense, you are choosing what fits your argument that is all. as i said, expansion is just an other prettier word for DLC. anything you say from now one is just circlejerk arguments.

What the hell are you on about? I linked you to 4 different forum threads where the vast majority agrees with my definition.

I am not even calling Rockstar bullshit. I am calling your logic that "since Rockstar says X therefore everyone else is wrong" bullshit. That is the only thing I have called bullshit, because it is.

Do you even understand what "circlejerk" means because you are using the word incorrectly there. It's pretty ironic that you say I think I'm the center of the universe, yet you seem to think that you can just go "anything you say from now on is just circlejerk arguments", as if that was up to you to decide.

In fact I have said the exact opposite of me being the center. I have constantly said that the definition is chosen by how people use the word, and then gave you links to lots of people using the same defintiion as I do. You're the one dismissing everyone else because they don't fit your definition.

You said that there are facts, so can you please use facts to prove me wrong? I don't want just one example of Rockstar using it a certain way because I got lots of examples of the word being used in different ways (such as Shivering Isle vs horse armor, WoW patches vs WoW WoD, The Sims stuff packs vs expansions, The Witcher etc). Using Rockstar as an example is putting the word of one developer against the word of multiple others.

original.jpg

Seeing as how the entire ambience and effects and general art direction was entirely changed from 2013 to 2015... The fuck is he on about.

2013 looked like Game of Thrones in its mood, which was awesome. 2015 looked like the typical Assassins Creed in-game segue to the next part of your mission. In other words, it looked not that nice for what they promised.

No. I will dispute that claim every time I see it because its not true. Read my signature.

Also, I don't understand the other claim where "AMD can't optimize for Gameworks!" No shit. That's Nvidia's code meant to run on Nvidia hardware. Optimize for the rest of the game.

Im not saying that performance is crippled on AMD, Im just trying to say that games released on GameWorks always has issues, texture downgrade,crappy performance(unity). But I guess it's the devs fault for not optimizing the use of gameworks in their game

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Im not saying that performance is crippled on AMD, Im just trying to say that games released on GameWorks always has issues, texture downgrade,crappy performance(unity). But I guess it's the devs fault for not optimizing the use of gameworks in their game

Those games have all been multi-platform too. Apparently there's issues with having a separate PC version to not mess with if downgrading the console version is necessary.

Those games have all been multi-platform too. Apparently there's issues with having a separate PC version to not mess with if downgrading the console version is necessary.

So we can assume that it's the devs fault for making the game look like this.

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

In a sense yes. They did what they could I believe, but since they can make more money on the consoles they went for consoles and the PC version got nerfed.

I'm not super butthurt about it because I understand, but at the same time when you're whole studio is apparently all "PC first!", and you show off trailers of actual gameplay that looks amazing only to release a version that looks like trash in comparison is sorta unsettling to me.

Ignore my run-on sentence structure there.

100% their fault. 200% even, I'm feeling generous. 

No one forced them to develop for consoles and no one forced them to stick with simultaneous launch dates. They could've either delayed the console ones to this fall (but this fall has more interesting games) or they could've simply skipped consoles and done PC only this year. But nope, they wanted console money and didn't give a shit about the resources it takes to have two full developments going on at once. Hell, call it 3; the Xbox One is different enough from the PS4 that you'd probably want a separate team there too. 

100% their fault. 200% even, I'm feeling generous. 

No one forced them to develop for consoles and no one forced them to stick with simultaneous launch dates. They could've either delayed the console ones to this fall (but this fall has more interesting games) or they could've simply skipped consoles and done PC only this year. But nope, they wanted console money and didn't give a shit about the resources it takes to have two full developments going on at once. Hell, call it 3; the Xbox One is different enough from the PS4 that you'd probably want a separate team there too. 

Im pretty sure CDPR can make tons of money if made they this game a "PC Port" like what R* did in GTA V. It's pretty disappointing waiting for years only to be served a console level game from a self proclaimed "PC First" game company. 

Im pretty sure CDPR can make tons of money if made they this game a "PC Port" like what R* did in GTA V. It's pretty disappointing waiting for years only to be served a console level game from a self proclaimed "PC First" game company. 

The PC version of W3 is simply the best PS4 version a PC gamer can buy. 

So in that case, I will definitely wait for it to become dirt cheap and just play it like a lazy bum on my couch. It can be all the fun in the world, as a matter of principle CDPR can suck a bag of dildos for point blank lying to consumers about it the entire time. 

Newsflash: console gamers don't give a shit about graphics as much as you think. Yes, there will be a might stink for a few days when reddit et al run their pieces, but people move on. But this? GG. You've tainted your PC gamer reputation by simply allowing this controversy to ever take hold. 

said, expansion is just an other prettier word for DLC. anything you say from now one is just circlejerk arguments.

Except expansions have existed for ages before DLC even became a thing and the internet was still a sperm in the US Army's balls.  Expansions are expansions, regardless of the mode of delivery.  DLC the word and DLC the content did not exist back then, as most content released was substantial enough to qualify as a whole game by itself.

NOBODY uses DLC as "Downloadable Content" literally, they use it to stick a moniker on their horse armour, not 30 hour pieces of content.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Except expansions have existed for ages before DLC even became a thing and the internet was still a sperm in the US Army's balls.  Expansions are expansions, regardless of the mode of delivery.  DLC the word and DLC the content did not exist back then, as most content released was substantial enough to qualify as a whole game by itself.

NOBODY uses DLC as "Downloadable Content" literally, they use it to stick a moniker on their horse armour, not 30 hour pieces of content.

Its similar for games such as Halo 2. The multiplayer map pack was an expansion with loads of multiplayer maps and extra content that wasn't available when Halo was first launched. Hours of extra game play in the form of new content is what's classed as an expansion. Shit that should have been in the original game in the first place is DLC and a blatant cash grab (Evolve is a perfect example of a game with shit cut out of it at the start to be sold as DLC)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's called optimization.

Ubisoft doesn't know shit about optimization though, let's hope CDPR does.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

It's called optimization.

Ubisoft doesn't know shit about optimization though, let's hope CDPR does.

why the double standards ? we are not even talking about ubisoft here, hypocrisy much ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Seeing as how the entire ambience and effects and general art direction was entirely changed from 2013 to 2015... The fuck is he on about.

2013 looked like Game of Thrones in its mood, which was awesome. 2015 looked like the typical Assassins Creed in-game segue to the next part of your mission. In other words, it looked not that nice for what they promised.

I just saw the video and all this.

The Witcher 2 actually looks better to me in detail, and how grim and full of life and colour the forests looked.

The Witcher 3 doesn't look as good to me, from what I've seen so far at all. I'm very unimpressed at the moment.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I just saw the video and all this.

The Witcher 2 actually looks better to me in detail, and how grim and full of life and colour the forests looked.

The Witcher 3 doesn't look as good to me, from what I've seen so far at all. I'm very unimpressed at the moment.

I am of the same opinion.

Witcher 2 looks plain better and more colorful.

OFFTOPIC : What hex core do you have?