Experiences with non-techies

Both of those are products of "computer is magic box of magic and science and if you look at it in the wrong way the whole universe explodes"

this explains the big bang theory

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Someone 1 year above me:

So, I tried to persuade him that consoles are better than pc, in which I definately made my point.

2 days later

Guy: So <insert my name here> I decided to build a gaming PC

Me: Oh cool, you got keyboard and mouse and everything atm?

Guy: Yeah, soon I'm getting a Razer Chroma keyboard

I then lectured him about Kailh switches, but he didn't really care, safe to say I fucking hate that guy

Someone 1 year above me:

So, I tried to persuade him that consoles are better than pc, in which I definately made my point.

2 days later

I then lectured him about Kailh switches, but he didn't really care, safe to say I fucking hate that guy

Off topic:

What's with all the hate on Kailh switches? I understand if it's a crappy membrane but it's a mechanical switch... So, why the hate?

One of my former friends said that I'm dumb because

building a computer was impossible and only mad scientists do that kind of thing.

He is sort of right.

Building ≠ Assembling.

Very few actually BUILD their computer with soldering gun etc.  The stuff 'we' do is assembling.

I doubt he was making such a fine distinction but...

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

He is sort of right.

Building ≠ Assembling.

Very few actually BUILD their computer with soldering gun etc.  The stuff 'we' do is assembling.

I doubt he was making such a fine distinction but...

well sorry dude.. I managed to choose the wrong word.. but yea what I meant is assembling..

but srsly.. you know what I meant. ; )

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Someone 1 year above me:

2 days later

Razer's switches are pretty good from what I've seen. I have an old Blackwidow with Cherry Blues and my Brother has the Blackwidow 2014 Ultimate Stealth. I really like his keyboard, I've used it and have no complaints. Sure the switches are chinese made but to be honest they seem fine. They've stood up to his bashing so far too :P

Razer's switches are pretty good from what I've seen. I have an old Blackwidow with Cherry Blues and my Brother has the Blackwidow 2014 Ultimate Stealth. I really like his keyboard, I've used it and have no complaints. Sure the switches are chinese made but to be honest they seem fine. They've stood up to his bashing so far too :P

I don't know whether it's just a QC thing, but I managed to try Razer's switches in Maplin (on the arrow keys because I wasn't gonna faff about getting it unboxed) and the switches felt different to each other. Maybe it's one of those bad batch things and Kailh switches (or at least the ones Razer is using) have better QC or maybe it is down to bad QC. That's my problem with Kailh. You can't guarantee they're good switches currently

gonna go to the mall later afternoon and let me see if I can grab a pic or two.

too bad got the guard on duty got mad at me for taking a picture.

some dude on a game I'm playing on is bragging he spent 54,000 Pesos (3982.74$) on his new gaming rig. he bought it custom built but the store he bought it from is the one who built it and chose the parts he just went with a bundled system. we decided to chat on skype and he was showing it to me with his webcam and sadly some parts I can't read through the cam but he's telling me the parts he knows or at least can read it on the label.

so I asked him about his specs.

it sports windows 8.1 (decent), motherboard he doesn't know, gpu would be a palit gt 610(Fucking hell), 8gb ram 1333mhz, 1tb hdd and doesn't know which model or brand.

intel i7 3770 (NON K). the chassis was epic this I couldn't forget (Fortress Venus D2 Series with 600w psu included) and some 17" monitor he's so proud of. and a razer naga hex, razer black widow, razer goliathus mouse pad (I like the goliathus mousepads the bigger ones though). he has an ssd it was a vortex 2 or 3 ocz 60gb.

guess this new friend of mine has stupidity on the next level.

the guy who sold him this junk has genius level over 9000.

with 54k php normally peoplw would be able to build a i7 4790k with a msi/asus decent 10k-16k mobo, seasonic psu, 120/128gb ssd, 1tb caviar black, corsair 450D or a 650D, and probably a gtx 970 if not the r9 290.

Live your life like a dream.

too bad got the guard on duty got mad at me for taking a picture.

some dude on a game I'm playing on is bragging he spent 54,000 Pesos (3982.74$) on his new gaming rig. he bought it custom built but the store he bought it from is the one who built it and chose the parts he just went with a bundled system. we decided to chat on skype and he was showing it to me with his webcam and sadly some parts I can't read through the cam but he's telling me the parts he knows or at least can read it on the label.

so I asked him about his specs.

it sports windows 8.1 (decent), motherboard he doesn't know, gpu would be a palit gt 610(Fucking hell), 8gb ram 1333mhz, 1tb hdd and doesn't know which model or brand.

intel i7 3770 (NON K). the chassis was epic this I couldn't forget (Fortress Venus D2 Series with 600w psu included) and some 17" monitor he's so proud of. and a razer naga hex, razer black widow, razer goliathus mouse pad (I like the goliathus mousepads the bigger ones though). he has an ssd it was a vortex 2 or 3 ocz 60gb.

guess this new friend of mine has stupidity on the next level.

the guy who sold him this junk has genius level over 9000.

with 54k php normally peoplw would be able to build a i7 4790k with a msi/asus decent 10k-16k mobo, seasonic psu, 120/128gb ssd, 1tb caviar black, corsair 450D or a 650D, and probably a gtx 970 if not the r9 290.

Much expected... That PSU might be a fire hazard though...

Me doing some stuff on my laptop at school with my group mates.

*Opens Task Manager*

Group mates: Dude I didn't know that you are a hacker.

-_-

And while I am choosing parts for my dream build.. One of my former friends said that I'm dumb because

building a computer was impossible and only mad scientists do that kind of thing.

It happens to everyone at school... :/ Last year that happened to me all the time since they never blocked task manager using Ctrl+Shift+Esc... They did this year along with F5 to refresh a web page. What the-....

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

It happens to everyone at school... :/ Last year that happened to me all the time since they never blocked task manager using Ctrl+Shift+Esc... They did this year along with F5 to refresh a web page. What the-....

cause refreshing the page using the shortcut is illegal

a friend of mine once said "wouldn't it be better to leave some space between the cpu and the heatsink to give it some room to breathe?" when i fastened his new cooler...

Literally ruins the point of the cooler and thermal paste..

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I was at school using my lenovo yoga 11s (in the laptop mode) for a project. A guy walked up to me and said "nice surface". When i said that it wasn't a surface and that there were dozens of other convertibles, he said "it at least detaches from the dock as well", nope! this one doesn't. After that he just slowly walked away. There are so many flaws with his logic: first, I wasn't using it like a tablet so he had no real reason to think it was a convertible. Second, it does not look ANYTHING like a surface pro, it looks more like a macbook air than a surface. There are many other medium flaws with his logic that I don't feel like typing out because they aren't as significant.

seeing them click the 1000th visitor ad *facepalm*

Or when you go to your grandmas or any other family members, see them open IE... and go to click the ad that is black and blue looking like a poorly made knockoff Windows popup saying, "Your 8.1 Windows 8 drivers are not installed, use this trusted Microsoft approved site called microsoftdriver.windows.net to install them," and you tell them not to last second then spend 4 hours removing malware, spyware, adware, and other crap from their computer.. Now she has literally no way of getting a virus, but she'll find a way..

Or when they hold the power button every time to shutdown the computer instead of opening the Start Menu to shut it down or restart..

Things we do so people can have their computers run properly.. *sigh*

Edit: I just typed in a random fake url to fill in the spot.

Edited by Darkman

Spoiler

Spoiler

Or when you go to your grandmas or any other family members, see them open IE... and go to click the ad that is black and blue looking like a poorly made knockoff Windows popup saying, "Your 8.1 Windows 8 drivers are not installed, use this trusted Microsoft approved site called microsoftdriver.windows.net to install them," and you tell them not to last second then spend 4 hours removing malware, spyware, adware, and other crap from their computer.. Now she has literally no way of getting a virus, but she'll find a way..

Or when they hold the power button every time to shutdown the computer instead of opening the Start Menu to shut it down or restart..

Things we do so people can have their computers run properly.. *sigh*

Edit: I just typed in a random fake url to fill in the spot.

ya little in-discrepancies like that take a seasoned windows user to spot tho  

ya little in-discrepancies like that take a seasoned windows user to spot tho  

The ads text was white and the background to it was black.. All of the colors on it were inverted, how do you not notice that though? I'm just confused as to how you can't tell the difference between inverted colors and what they actually are.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The ads text was white and the background to it was black.. All of the colors on it were inverted, how do you not notice that though? I'm just confused as to how you can't tell the difference between inverted colors and what they actually are.

windows as a system allways uses the same color/patter schemes the fake ones have a hint of different something that doesnt quite ring genuine windows or web browser scheme

I tried that site like 50 times and I my computer is still reporting the original amount.

I think maybe the software ram is not compatible with my hardware ram? My computers memory is a bit different. I have two different kits because my original OCZ3OB1600LV4GK is discontinued and I didn't want to spend the extra money to get a hole new 8gb set so I got a different kit the CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 both are 1600 Mhz, Timings are 9-9-9-24 and runs at 1.65v. I never had any problems till now, what should I doo??? Could it be because all my dimm slots are full and there is no more room for more?

I tried that site like 50 times and I my computer is still reporting the original amount.

I think maybe the software ram is not compatible with my hardware ram? My computers memory is a bit different. I have two different kits because my original OCZ3OB1600LV4GK is discontinued and I didn't want to spend the extra money to get a hole new 8gb set so I got a different kit the CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 both are 1600 Mhz, Timings are 9-9-9-24 and runs at 1.65v. I never had any problems till now, what should I doo???

-.-

That post was is almost 2 years old.

-.-

That post was is almost 2 years old.

whats your point, the site is still up and I am having trouble with it, is there a new one I should be using?

but srsly.. you know what I meant. ; )

Yep, I did.

That's pretty much why I put

"he was SORT OFF right" and "I doubt he was making such a fine distinction BUT..."

the "BUT ..." was supposed to lead to we would and a smiley but obviously I should point these things out as people are not inside my head and know exactly what I mean.

"This too shall pass"

is there a new one I should be using?

Yes it's called

GETACLUE.com

Psst RAM cannot be downloaded

"This too shall pass"

Yes it's called

GETACLUE.com

Psst RAM cannot be downloaded

that site just redirects me to some kinda software for preschoolers website, what browser should I be using?