SLIMasterRace Club

VioDuskar

Posted this in the Show your Setup thread in General, but thought I'd post here too since I guess I'm part of the club now lol.  This is my first time ever running SLI, got 2x Asus Strix 980's in my Silverstone FT02.  I'd like to take care of the cables with a new PSU and actually properly sleeved cables, and maybe find a new SLI bridge, otherwise I think the hardware itself matches really nicely.

post-53229-0-76436000-1440641640.jpg

Two MSI 970's=)
Can post pics of them when I get home

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

• 3 weeks later...

i'll be back to update this soon... 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Two 970's

6DFeqty.jpg

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Sli 980ti's

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

why does everyone think this? no. hell even the memory speeds can be different.

the only thing that is the same is that memory amount and usage.

brb

Different memory speeds are redundant as it only uses the vram off one card :/

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Damn, there are a lot of clubs popping up as of late, I like it :D I have SLI 980ti's,plus I have 2 970's I am going to SLI in another build.

polqhaw.jpg

pjkhFQI.jpg

5eTbL5M.jpg

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Hello running with STRIX GTX 970 in a 2 way SLI here. http://imgur.com/a/BzA72

looks good, except those HDDs just stacked and chilling, what's up with those?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

looks good, except those HDDs just stacked and chilling, what's up with those?

That WD Green is super slow so I got myself an Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003 and it vibrates like a mofo. I mean I can hear it through 2 of my 970's running Mad Max @ ~200FPS so I put WD Green on the top and it helped a bit with the vibrations as the weight increased. Now looking to get a WD Black and replace that stupid Seagate. Disapointing that Seagate does stuff like that (slim design really light desktop HDD) as I've used Seagate most of my life and in the past they were really excelent and heavy drives... :(

That WD Green is super slow so I got myself an Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003 and it vibrates like a mofo. I mean I can hear it through 2 of my 970's running Mad Max @ ~200FPS so I put WD Green on the top and it helped a bit with the vibrations as the weight increased. Now looking to get a WD Black and replace that stupid Seagate. Disapointing that Seagate does stuff like that (slim design really light desktop HDD) as I've used Seagate most of my life and in the past they were really excelent and heavy drives... :(

have you ever thought of getting an SSD?

have you ever thought of getting an SSD?

Yep and I will probably on christmas going to surprise myself with a nice 1TB Samsung or Intel SSD and an M.2 128GB for a nice little boot drive for OS and drivers. But as of now I need to save me some money. :)

i'll be back to update this soon... 

I think I posted like 4 months ago and didn't get put on D: I like my name everyone on the forums :D

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I think I posted like 4 months ago and didn't get put on D: I like my name everyone on the forums :D

i added you. your sig says you run a 980 Ti, but your profile has pics of 2x 970s, so i assume you're now running a 980 Ti as an upgrade from the older 970s?

i added you. your sig says you run a 980 Ti, but your profile has pics of 2x 970s, so i assume you're now running a 980 Ti as an upgrade from the older 970s?

Oh si senor, didnt update profile, but yuh mang still got dem 970s sitting here, 980Ti is in da rig.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Ugh the struggle of waiting on someone to get back to me on 2 gtx 980's he's selling .... Mesa wants em for some sli action agains

Sick of this 980ti fiasco I've had lol

Too bad the 980's are reference tho .-.

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another elitist group....

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

YOU CANT HAVE A MASTER RACE INSIDE A MASTERRACE!!!!!!!!!!!111

Another elitist group....

we've been here a while, thanks for stopping by. 

i've now been reminded i need to update this, thanks. 

I dont care, its elitist af

Dual 780 classys with waterblocks + backplates incoming my way :D

dont ask how much this cost me .... it was alot 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

• 3 weeks later...

Now the real question for me, is do I want a third 970? Probably not. The Italicized name seems so cool though.. You know you spend too much money just to get your name italicized in a post and to make your build look cooler... 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg