SLIMasterRace Club

VioDuskar

I know I know, but hey.. I thought this was the SLI club and not the Intel one :P (don't worry, Skylake will replace the FX - thats for certain. probably 6770K)

my next build is going to be intel, unless AMD makes leaps and bounds before DDR4 becomes cheap.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I'm currently using 2 of these. 1 is going back to Amazon.

rf79RGq.jpg

They're pretty fast :)

xqmxtDq.png

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5425161

I'll take a picture of them in my case later, but... I don't have the best looking case setup right now. My next build will be more aesthetically pleasing, hopefully....

my next build is going to be intel, unless AMD makes leaps and bounds before DDR4 becomes cheap.

even then.. no. Intel is the way to go :D I switched to AMD at the release of the Core2Duo. And til the Phenom2 X6 they were solid. But starting with the FX and Intels sudden rise with the Core i models and improved hyperthreading they became shit. I tried my best to stay on the cheaper side of hardware (although my system can't really be called being cheap :P - sure wasn't) but AMD failed me in every aspect (CPU, GPU, chipsets and drivers - although nvidia is keeping up with the amount crashes atm).

So back to team blue&green it is. Now we wait for the money, which I will probably still invest into new headphones and an O2+ODAC first :D

I plan on february 2016 for something new or at least a platform upgrade containing mobo, RAM and CPU.

If all goes well I might settle on mITX and a Custom Loop :wub:

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

Just two run of the mill 970s

FMKe480.png

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

I'm currently using 2 of these. 1 is going back to Amazon.

They're pretty fast :)

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5425161

I'll take a picture of them in my case later, but... I don't have the best looking case setup right now. My next build will be more aesthetically pleasing, hopefully....

why not 3 way SLI?

Das Pretty! added to das Club

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Dual 980 classifieds with back plates 

Id upload a Pic but this forum wont let me  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

why not 3 way SLI?

One of them is bad and needs to go back. I only ever intended to use 2 of them.

-snip-

That does look very nice. Glad to see that I am not the only one with fans at the bottom of a Air 540

Can I join club too?

gallery_89692_2367_7068.jpg

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

That does look very nice. Glad to see that I am not the only one with fans at the bottom of a Air 540

Can I join club too?

-snip-

eww blue window.. icky.

yeah, i guess you can join ;)

I got dual Asus GTX 680s :)

Old photo, some changes have been made since then, but here's verification :)

BLsIxRi.jpg

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I got dual Asus GTX 680s :)

Old photo, some changes have been made since then, but here's verification :)

those things are HUGE.

what did you change?

those things are HUGE.

what did you change?

They're amazing ;) Still going quite strong for a 2GB card. I only game at 1080p so I'll be sticking with them for quite a while.

And I got a new cooler :) Noctua NH-U15S. I've started caring less about asthetics and would rather focus on silence and cooling.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Had 670 SLI for about a year ;)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Had 670 SLI for about a year ;)

i really need to figure out how to make two columns.

what are those/ reference.......what?

what are those/ reference.......what?

Ah sorry I'm on mobile and was lazy. They are just 970s.

I have SLI 980 ti's under water =D

post-233058-0-11194600-1437767725_thumb.

post-233058-0-87968700-1437767731_thumb.

CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core  Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming RAM G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB XC ULTRA Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 ATX Full Tower Case Storage Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive & Samsung EVO 850 500gb x 2 in RAID  PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W P2  Display LG 34UM95-P IPS 34" Ultra Wide monitor 3440x1440 & Samsung C32HG70 31.5" 2560x1440 144 Hz Cooling CUSTOM RIGID TUBE WATER LOOP 

I have SLI 980 ti's under water =D

OMG so pretty!

what case is that?

OMG so pretty!

what case is that?

Thanks!

Fractal Define S

CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core  Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming RAM G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB XC ULTRA Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 ATX Full Tower Case Storage Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive & Samsung EVO 850 500gb x 2 in RAID  PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W P2  Display LG 34UM95-P IPS 34" Ultra Wide monitor 3440x1440 & Samsung C32HG70 31.5" 2560x1440 144 Hz Cooling CUSTOM RIGID TUBE WATER LOOP 

Going to be getting SLI 580s from @vinyldash303

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Thanks!

Fractal Define S

next time i'll read your sig :P

lots of space for a less than 100 dollar case.

Going to be getting SLI 580s from @vinyldash303

sweet, post pics when you get it!

• 1 month later...

First Time Sli and it wont be the last!

2 Asus strix 980ti's 

Still have some cable management to do I was in a hurry to start doing some gaming.  Going to remove the front trays and mount the SSD to a proper side mount. 

Uf6IzOR.jpg

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

I'd like to join.  I have 2 x 970FTWs in my new build.  SLI goodness.  = )

Fi7wJcq.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

I'll take an honorary membership from my old 2-way EVGA gtx 260 sli setup  :-D