SLIMasterRace Club

VioDuskar

sweet, l like it. those cards are long as hell though.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

My mobo only has one PCI slot.... Does having two hard drives count? No? What if I RAID them?

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Count me in :) Dual 780 lightnings here... But formerly: 2x 7970 GHz edition, 2x 590, 1x 6990 and at last 2x 480.

"Once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can" - Hunter S. Thompson

My mobo only has one PCI slot.... Does having two hard drives count? No? What if I RAID them?

no... no.... that's ugh... not how that works...

Count me in :) Dual 780 lightnings here... But formerly: 2x 7970 GHz edition, 2x 590, 1x 6990 and at last 2x 480.

nice long history of SLI you got there! i'll add you by tomorrow

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

i lied about the date, but you're in now.

SLI for life! 2 MSI GTX 970 Golden Editions.

or at least until I upgrade next >.>

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P2GrBm

"Ghost"

Intel i5-4690k 4.6 GHz 1.25v | NZXT Kraken x61 | Asus Z97-AR | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT 2050 MHz

NZXT h440 White | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB  |Asus VG248QE  | Win 10

That 590 arrived today, it will live in my main PC until my G1 980 Ti arrives.

AbIDXZM.jpg?1

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

That 590 arrived today, it will live in my main PC until my G1 980 Ti arrives.

Why does your PC look almost exactly like mine? :D

Why does your PC look almost exactly like mine? :D

Wow, I just went through your build log

Same motherboard

Same RAM

Both of us went with two video cards of the same tier (initially I had two 290s)

Basically the same CPU cooler

We seem to have gone opposite of each other with the black and white case and case fans

You have white sleeved cables and I have white/black/silver sleeved cables

I've even been heavily thinking about getting a G502 to replace my crumbling G400

Your build does look much nicer though.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I'll join. Here's my Unigine benchmark at everything maxed (except AA, 4x), at 1440p. Shame, it didn't seem to use my 2nd card at all. Stayed at under-load MHZ the entire benchmark. Scores a bit low reflecting that, basically running 1440p on a single 980Ti.

NEVER MIND, IM STUPID. I forgot to re-enable SLI after a driver update...will post new benchmark with actual SLI benchmarking. Nevertheless, I am running SLI 980Ti.

post-244322-0-87189100-1436956523_thumb.

post-244322-0-87189100-1436956523_thumb.

I'll join. Here's my Unigine benchmark at everything maxed (except AA, 4x), at 1440p. Shame, it didn't seem to use my 2nd card at all. Stayed at under-load MHZ the entire benchmark. Scores a bit low reflecting that, basically running 1440p on a single 980Ti.

Why does it say 980 Ti (4095MB) ? That makes no sense ôo

Why does it say 980 Ti (4095MB) ? That makes no sense ôo

I don't know either, it says the same for my 980Ti too

I don't know either, it says the same for my 980Ti too

RAMgate v2?  :lol:

RAMgate v2?  :lol:

Oh God, please no...

I certainly hope not....Other benchmarks I've run seem to utilize the 6GB. And GTAV uses all 6 as well.

Just installed a pair of 980ti G1 Gaming.

EC800A5D-FBBD-44E8-B0EC-BD3746F46FA0_zps

I've got the same cards! How are they running for you? Just installed mine, everything on 1440p runs easily over 100fps maxed.

Count me in, I currently own EVGA 980 K|NGP|N 2 way SLI.

But I'm planning to sell them away and get EVGA 980ti K|NGP|N when its out

Just installed a pair of 980ti G1 Gaming.

and i just installed your name in the club list!

NEVER MIND, IM STUPID. I forgot to re-enable SLI after a driver update...will post new benchmark with actual SLI benchmarking. Nevertheless, I am running SLI 980Ti.

new benches with SLI enabled? :D

SLI for life! 2 MSI GTX 970 Golden Editions.

or at least until I upgrade next >.>

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P2GrBm

are.... are they gold?

updated members list!

Count me in, I currently own EVGA 980 K|NGP|N 2 way SLI.

But I'm planning to sell them away and get EVGA 980ti K|NGP|N when its out

counting you in!

and i just installed your name in the club list!

new benches with SLI enabled? :D

are.... are they gold?

updated members list!

DSC04405.jpg

"Ghost"

Intel i5-4690k 4.6 GHz 1.25v | NZXT Kraken x61 | Asus Z97-AR | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT 2050 MHz

NZXT h440 White | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB  |Asus VG248QE  | Win 10

I had two GTX 770 in SLI. Then I switched to 5760x1080 res and changed the GPU's to 2 r9 290 in Crossfire. Maybe there's also a group for filthy SLI-traitors =P

PC CPU i7 4770 non K Motherboard Asrock Z97 Extreme 9 RAM 32gb Corsair LP GPU 2x r9 290 Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo Storage 4x2TB WD Black in Raid 0, Samsung 840 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB PSU Super Flower Golden Green 1000W Display(s) 3x Asus 24" Full HD Cooling Custom Watercooled, Radiators: 1x 420, 1x 360, 2x 240, 1x120 Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 Mouse Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 Notebook Asus UX360UAK (i7 7500U, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD, 3200x1800 touch, 2 in 1)

well.. used to run GTX560Ti AMP!s @950MHz with a 9500GT as support for the 3rd monitor :P AMD CrossFire atm but not happy with it either. next build is planned as single 980Ti or TitanX.. but who knows when a second card might join in on the fun ;)

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

well.. used to run GTX560Ti AMP!s @950MHz with a 9500GT as support for the 3rd monitor :P AMD CrossFire atm but not happy with it either. next build is planned as single 980Ti or TitanX.. but who knows when a second card might join in on the fun ;)

You're gonna have to fix that CPU first. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

You're gonna have to fix that CPU first.

I know I know, but hey.. I thought this was the SLI club and not the Intel one :P (don't worry, Skylake will replace the FX - thats for certain. probably 6770K)

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight