My first experience with iOS.

Probenja

in essence its made for

1) rich lazy people

2) rich old people

3) rich stupid people

So my little sister is rich and lazy, rich and old or rich and stupid? No. She just finds IOS easiest to use... 

95% of the time the two are exactly the same.

I agree with this. People that claim iOS is "simpler" are just parroting what was said in the beginning.

Guess I'm stupid, lazy or old and rich

Same here...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I agree with this. People that claim iOS is "simpler" are just parroting what was said in the beginning.

I meant that the keyboard is simpler, the searching is simpler, the app store is simpler (to find things) etc. 

But note I do NOT say this as a con.

P.S those were only examples and probably aren't even true. iOS just feels much easier to navigate but I don't like easier. I prefer the satisfaction of finding settings and having more settings.

Oh and don't even get me started on trying to repair an Apple device..

My iPod Touch 4th Gen couldn't hold more than 5 tabs before the whole thing started lagging. 

Tried factory resetting in and performance tweaks yet no improvements worth my time.

That thing started to slow down FAST

I mean, the ipod touch 4th generation was released in 2010. I see your point though, but at this point, its only really good for listening to music. And besides, i doubt a 5 year old android device would be much better.

Currently spending money on parts

I mean, the ipod touch 4th generation was released in 2010. I see your point though, but at this point, its only really good for listening to music. And besides, i doubt a 5 year old android device would be much better.

This was back in 2012..

Oh and don't even get me started on trying to repair an Apple device..

so you like devices to be worse to use? :D

not that hard, in fact replacing the glass and battery is really easy

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+5+Teardown/10525

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+6+Teardown/29213 7/10 for repairability

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Screen is ridiculously easy, battery is harder than it SHOULD be but is still easier but have fun replacing anything else.. 

Like WiFi thingys or power buttons.

I don't get why there is so much hate around Itunes, I for one like it, it's not the best thing out there and there are certain features that I wish it had/not have but I've been using it for 1 Ipod Nano, 2 Ipod Classics, 1 Iphone, 1 Ipad Mini and I feel like it is quite simple to use. Whenever I need to pull up a song, I can do it in a few seconds without failing (I have a 6000+ song library). 

Is there something about Itunes in particular that you guys hate? I really want to hear what that would be because maybe I'm just going too easy on it and accepting through some of the problems that to other people would be quite bad?

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Screen is ridiculously easy, battery is harder than it SHOULD be but is still easier but have fun replacing anything else.. 

Like WiFi thingys or power buttons.

True although same for 99% of phones

SNIP

I like it, I find it really easy to use, and I love that you can sync over wifi without plugging in, helps because I run an itunes server :D

I also have PLEX installed on my home server and iphone, so i can access all my music photos and films even over 3g/4g, anywhere 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't get why there is so much hate around Itunes, I for one like it, it's not the best thing out there and there are certain features that I wish it had/not have but I've been using it for 1 Ipod Nano, 2 Ipod Classics, 1 Iphone, 1 Ipad Mini and I feel like it is quite simple to use. Whenever I need to pull up a song, I can do it in a few seconds without failing (I have a 6000+ song library). 

Is there something about Itunes in particular that you guys hate? I really want to hear what that would be because maybe I'm just going too easy on it and accepting through some of the problems that to other people would be quite bad?

Unless you have a good computer, iTunes is terrible.

iTunes takes FOREVER to install and is so laggy on slow computers. I also constantly have problems with updating the library when I get new music.

These are my personal experiences and of course may vary per computer.

iTunes takes FOREVER to install and is so laggy on slow computers. I also constantly have problems with updating the library when I get new music.

hmm, I see what you mean although I guess that's one of those things that I got used to as I still use Itunes on my late 2008 Macbook Pro (HDD Sata II) quite frequently and the speed doesn't really bother me but I can see what you mean as Itunes launches and work much more fluently on my main rig than on this laptop but guess that's something I've grown to get used to

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Oh god, my brother had an ipod nano 2nd gen that he left at home and i found it, but one day it just shut off and i read that it was the battery that is a common problem, went ahead and replace it and guess what it is soldered:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod+Nano+2nd+Generation+Battery+Replacement/422

And the glued battery in the iPad:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad+Mini+Retina+Display+Teardown/19374

Compared to a nexus:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus+7+2nd+Generation+Teardown/16072

Or a moto g:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola+Moto+G+Teardown/28088

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

SNIP

yeah but there are plenty of android/mp3 devices where that is also not true

and the iphone batteries are easy to swap out, the iPad ones are much harder yes

not defending apples use of none-upgradable or replaceable parts, I hate it just the same as everyone else

in essence its made for

1) rich lazy people

2) rich old people

3) rich stupid people

ummmm no.

I had my first Ipod when I was 10 and I bought it myself, with my own money, it was the 32 gb model, and it was when it was very new, I got $10 a week pocket money. I eventually broke it, and I had to upgrade to an Ipod touch 5, that was nearly 2 years ago, again, paid for it with my own money, $10 a week, when it was newly released. I will admit, IOS gets tireing after 4.5 years, so I can't wait till I can upgrade to an android phone, but I have also Jailbroken my Ipod, and I can say, it is wonderful, completely changes IOS.

So IOS can be easily used by lazy people *cough* @ShadowCaptain *cough* :P but it can also be used for people who want to do more things with it, and it isn't hard to jailbreak, also, my Nunna (grandma) has an Ipad mini, no she is not rich, in fact, that is probably the most expensive purchase in the past 5 years of her life (not including car etc). She loves it, because it is simple. I would hate to see her with an android tablet. 

You sir, are wrong, and from what I have seen in the past, a racist, and just plain not a nice person.

Goodbye.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

yeah but there are plenty of android/mp3 devices where that is also not true

and the iphone batteries are easy to swap out, the iPad ones are much harder yes

not defending apples use of none-upgradable or replaceable parts, I hate it just the same as everyone else

Yes, that is true with most things in life but at lest you get more hardware and manufacturer choice in the android space compared to the apple space, for example i would never own an htc device because i have seen the internals and they are a mess, but my motorola phone pretty much everything comes out easily just by taking a couple of screws.

And also apple devices usually last much longer than others because if its superior build quality but when they do break they do become annoying (some of them)

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

iTunes works just fine on my 2007 Mac running Yosemite (well....Yosemite in general bogs it down a decent bit and I will eventually put snow leopard back on it....but I don't remember having any issues with iTunes then either).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

apple will never put a USB port on the iDevices. 

That's way too android like. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

if you mean micro USB, then that's fine since apple's lightning connector is superior. (Although I've never actually a managed to break/damage any micro USB cable/port).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well you have to remember that not only android but windows, blackberry, tizen, firefox, etc... use it, Apple and Nintendo are the only left with propietary connectors in mobile devices. Laptops are an exeption because they need more power.

Main PC:

Netbook:

Well you have to remember that not only android but windows, blackberry, tizen, firefox, etc... use it, Apple and Nintendo are the only left with propietary connectors in mobile devices. Laptops are an exeption because they need more power.

In apples eyes:

windows - inferior

blackberry - inferior

tizen - inferior 

firefox - inferior

Apple don't want to be associated with 'inferior' hardware. 

if you mean micro USB, then that's fine since apple's lightning connector is superior. (Although I've never actually a managed to break/damage any micro USB cable/port).

Well obviously i mean micro USB.  Micro USB can come pretty loose if you accidentally yank it. although never actually broke one. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

iTunes works just fine on my 2007 Mac running Yosemite (well....Yosemite in general bogs it down a decent bit and I will eventually put snow leopard back on it....but I don't remember having any issues with iTunes then either).

Obviously it works great on Mac.

iTunes on Windows is a whole different story..

Obviously it works great on Mac.

iTunes on Windows is a whole different story..

Admittedly it could be streamlined some. Although it's not too bad, i think it got some love with ios7

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Guess I'm stupid, lazy or old and rich

Me too then.

I LUV MA IPAD MINI 1ST GEN IT NEVER BROKE DOWN ON ME OKAY

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

You sir, are wrong, and from what I have seen in the past, a racist, and just plain not a nice person.

Goodbye.

post-22077-rap-battle-parody-perfect-loo

I also have an iPad mini retina and I think it was a bit overpriced but I love it and it does the job fast. The only problem is PDF files and so on :/

"an obvious supporter of privacy"