What is the best gaming headset on the market?

Markus_Bend

Hey all i'm thinking about buying a new headset after new year. But i'm not really sure what headset is the best on the market any ideas?

PS: the headset must be comfortable.

I've heard the Sennheiser G4ME ZEROs is a very good headset, although not sure if it's the best. The HyperX Clouds are super great for the money. If you really want high end, get yourself a good pear of audiophile-grade headphones and attach a ModMic 4.0 to it.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Get a pair of open headphones eg. Sennheiser HD 558 and stick an AntLion ModMic 4.0 on it. Really depends on our budget because you could go crazy and use some Sennheiser HD 800's or maybe a Beyerdynamic T1 with the ModMic.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

razer says that there razer tiamat have true 7.1 surround instead of virtuel surround asus says the same about there asus stric DSP

Those "true 7.1" are just marketing BS. there are some with real 7 drivers inside and other are just plain synthetic.

If you want something that has a really great sound quality, get the heaset from Sennheiser or Audio Technica.

I like PC, but I like Music as well.

I've heard the Sennheiser G4ME ZEROs is a very good headset, although not sure if it's the best. The HyperX Clouds are super great for the money. If you really want high end, get yourself a good pear of audiophile-grade headphones and attach a ModMic 4.0 to it.

I've tried the HyperX Cloud. It's great, sounds great, not really an audiophile level but close enough since it's a rebrand of a headphone that is geared from music listening.

I've tried the HyperX Cloud. It's great, sounds great, not really an audiophile level but close enough since it's a rebrand of a headphone that is geared from music listening.

Agreed. I love mine.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Agreed. I love mine.

I heard they will be releasing a new version of HyperX Cloud. A Pro version. I'm not sure if it's going to be a rebrand as well. But I hope it will have a better sound quality this time for music lovers.

razer says that there razer tiamat have true 7.1 surround instead of virtuel surround asus says the same about there asus stric DSP

A single ear cannot determine locational information. Multiple drivers in a single ear cup merely means multiple lesser quality drivers.

Open headphones (angled drivers a plus) provide a wider soundstage, which helps your brain determine the location of a sound.

With this in mind, the best gaming headsets are the Sennheiser G4ame Zero and audio-technica ATH-ADG1.

I can tell you from personal experience.

I bought a set of Razer Tiamat 7.1.

Received them, unboxed them, tried them for 30 minutes and boxed them again and so them.

Then I got a pair of Kingston Clouds and have been living them since!

Great headset!

Cheers!

My advice is to avoid anything with the word "gaming" in it. Good audio is good audio and "gaming" audio is just a way to market bad audio to gullible gamers who don't know any better. Avoid headsets while you're at it and get a nice pair of open-back headphones from an actual audio company (rather than a gaming peripherals company) for the best soundstage. Then either attach a ModMic or, better yet, get something like the Audio-Technica AT2020 USB cardioid condenser microphone.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

well razer tiamat have it's own sound card in it and yes it does have more than 1 speaker in 1 of the cups as i seen in reviews but have none of you tryd the Asus headsets?

well razer tiamat have it's own sound card in it and yes it does have more than 1 speaker in 1 of the cups as i seen in reviews but have none of you tryd the Asus headsets?

gallery_40059_1318_13136.png

Everytime there's something with "gaming" badge on it, I'd bet they will be boosted on bass and treble, making them muffled sounding at times. If you still want a headset, get a proper branded headset like audiotechnica or sennheiser, they make real headphones and they know what good sound is.

Otherwise, you could buy HD558 and modmic, save money, get good quality sound

Everytime there's something with "gaming" badge on it, I'd bet they will be boosted on bass and treble, making them muffled sounding at times. If you still want a headset, get a proper branded headset like audiotechnica or sennheiser, they make real headphones and they know what good sound is.

Otherwise, you could buy HD558 and modmic, save money, get good quality sound

My HE400 Gaming Edition works well with games tho....

My HE400 Gaming Edition works well with games tho....

Ugh heavy ortho for gaming, enjoy having 0.5kg pushing your head down *roll eyes*, still at least it isn't LCD-2 :P

Oh btw, by looking at your pictures, I suppose you're an advertisement photographer :D ?

Ugh heavy ortho for gaming, enjoy having 0.5kg pushing your head down *roll eyes*, still at least it isn't LCD-2 :P

Oh btw, by looking at your pictures, I suppose you're an advertisement photographer :D ?

Takes a while to get used to, but it's worth the sound. Playing games feel like playing a movie, with au naturel sounds. 

Yeah, photography is my main job

Get a pair of open headphones eg. Sennheiser HD 558 and stick an AntLion ModMic 4.0 on it. Really depends on our budget because you could go crazy and use some Sennheiser HD 800's or maybe a Beyerdynamic T1 with the ModMic.

I don't really know why people say to get the HD558s+Modmic 4.0 as opposed to something like the G4ME ONEs. Seeing as they're Sennheisers, the G4ME ONEs should have good quality and they're only $20 more than the HD558/ModMic 4.0 combo. I for one am willing to pay $20 more for a MUCH cooler looking and more convenient setup, but maybe that's just me.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I don't really know why people say to get the HD558s+Modmic 4.0 as opposed to something like the G4ME ONEs. Seeing as they're Sennheisers, the G4ME ONEs should have good quality and they're only $20 more than the HD558/ModMic 4.0 combo. I for one am willing to pay $20 more for a MUCH cooler looking and more convenient setup, but maybe that's just me.

If you can find game one for $20 more than HD558 + modmic, by all mean get them. I've heard sennheiser's mic before and they do sound pretty good, comparable to modmic (after all sennheiser does make professional mic).

If you can find game one for $20 more than HD558 + modmic, by all mean get them. I've heard sennheiser's mic before and they do sound pretty good, comparable to modmic (after all sennheiser does make professional mic).

Oh...I thought they were always ~$190 on Amazon. My bad, it must be a kickass sale. Guess that means I should snag a pair ASAP. :lol:

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))