What is the best gaming headset on the market?

Markus_Bend

Also, it is obvious from reading your reply comments on this url that you're just either trolling in a George Carlin-want to be way ( the want to be part seems to stem from your expertise in portable audio consumption gear aka headphones/headsets) or you haven't anything more intelligent to do with your time than to insult others who have legitimately made good buying decisions.  I smell " console" peasant on you.  * Points to newegg or ncix.com for a proper baptism and exorcism*   Come back to Earth.  It's ok.  We all make mistakes.

Never owned a console, never used a console. All my gear is on my profile, pic of my rig in my gallery.

They also have sense not to say stupid crap like " zed 97" when it's clearly "z97"

The letter "Z" is pronounced "zed" in some parts of the English-speaking world. Or did you have some point that is going over my console peasant head?

Thanks for the entertaining comments, by the way, keeps me coming back to this "forum".

Never owned a console, never used a console. All my gear is on my profile, pic of my rig in my gallery.

The letter "Z" is pronounced "zed" in some parts of the English-speaking world. Or did you have some point that is going over my console peasant head?

Thanks for the entertaining comments, by the way, keeps me coming back to this "forum".

Don't worry, I feel like I smell a projector thats bulb is a bight dim. 

Don't worry, I feel like I smell a projector thats bulb is a bight dim. 

My favorite part is that I'm either trolling OR insulting people, as though these are mutually exclusive activities.

My favorite part is that I'm either trolling OR insulting people, as though these are mutually exclusive activities.

Some people don't recognize that there are people in the world smarter then them that can in fact multitask. 

i know razer use to over price stuff but i'm after a headset thats good in games,comfortable to wear,has good bass,good sound quality,have a good mic and 7.1 surround on a headset thats not just crap 7.1 that's what i'm after.

Allow me to explain to you why 7.1 isn't the best idea for your case.

We have two ears. We hear sounds from multiple directions based on when we hear the same sound at different times. If you were to get a stereo headset, in which the drivers are no more than an inch or two away from each ear, the sound engine in your games would do their magic and play the sounds through each driver through one ear slightly ahead of another, thus tricking you into thinking there is a sound behind you, in front of you, whatever. This is the most ideal setup for headphones. Dolby 5.1 and 7.1 became a thing, and are more ideal for home theater setups, where the speakers are further away from you, requiring more than two speakers to get this "surround sound" effect. Having 7.1 in headphones are not necessary, and only increase the price with very little return in value per dollar. All you need for the best sounding gaming headphones is stereo, and nothing more. There are numerous suggestions in this thread for products already.

[witty signature]

Allow me to explain to you why 7.1 isn't the best idea for your case.

We have two ears. We hear sounds from multiple directions based on when we hear the same sound at different times. If you were to get a stereo headset, in which the drivers are no more than an inch or two away from each ear, the sound engine in your games would do their magic and play the sounds through each driver through one ear slightly ahead of another, thus tricking you into thinking there is a sound behind you, in front of you, whatever. This is the most ideal setup for headphones. Dolby 5.1 and 7.1 became a thing, and are more ideal for home theater setups, where the speakers are further away from you, requiring more than two speakers to get this "surround sound" effect. Having 7.1 in headphones are not necessary, and only increase the price with very little return in value per dollar. All you need for the best sounding gaming headphones is stereo, and nothing more. There are numerous suggestions in this thread for products already.

as i understood it 7.1 makes it easier to hear example where a guy is shooting from in a FPS game witch is something you can't hear in stereo also it's not so easy to hear where a guy is shooting at you from with speakers.

as i understood it 7.1 makes it easier to hear example where a guy is shooting from in a FPS game witch is something you can't hear in stereo also it's not so easy to hear where a guy is shooting at you from with speakers.

Yes, you can, in stereo headphones. As long as a HRTF is applied to the audio (which is usually the case when a game is in headphone mode, or you are using virtual surround software) headphones provide a high level of directionality, possibly the best possible.

this is the headsets i'm looking at and that i think is looking like good headset but i wonder what other people think about them 

Sennheiser PC 363 D G4ME Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Sennheiser G4ME ONE ASUS Orion PRO Asus Strix Pro Turtle Beach XP Seven

You argument is valid with speaker systems in home theaters, headphones are a different story. As said before, the game's audio engine can give you surround on Stereo, as you have a physical driver next to each ear. I have a Stereo headset and can easily pinpoint enemies from all directions.

Don't fall for the hype, get a pair of quality stereo headphones.

[witty signature]

You argument is valid with speaker systems in home theaters, headphones are a different story. As said before, the game's audio engine can give you surround on Stereo, as you have a physical driver next to each ear. I have a Stereo headset and can easily pinpoint enemies from all directions.

Don't fall for the hype, get a pair of quality stereo headphones.

lol i know it's not true 7.1 cause no headsets has true 7.1 it's only virtual 7.1 surround

I am not trying to be mean but you shouldn't be so stubborn to think that 7.1 virtual surround sound will really help. If you are really so intrigued to do so and waste your money on market gimmick "7.1 surround sound" then do so. A good amount of money you would be wasting on would be the 7.1 that won't enhance your game play at all.

Hey all i'm thinking about buying a new headset after new year. But i'm not really sure what headset is the best on the market any ideas?

PS: the headset must be comfortable.

Kingston HyperX Cloud 2

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I am not trying to be mean but you shouldn't be so stubborn to think that 7.1 virtual surround sound will really help. If you are really so intrigued to do so and waste your money on market gimmick "7.1 surround sound" then do so. A good amount of money you would be wasting on would be the 7.1 that won't enhance your game play at all.

i had 2 7.1 headsets works great :P

well i do admit i don't use it much tought 

i had 2 7.1 headsets works great :P

Then why are you getting another one?

[witty signature]

Then why are you getting another one?

cause the headset i have now is falling apart and my ears hurts when i had them on for a couple of hours  :P

Here's a review of the Kingston HyperX Cloud by the way. http://thepcenthusiast.com/kingston-hyperx-cloud-pro-gaming-headset-review/

They are going to release a HyperX Cloud II but I'm not sure if the sound quality is better than the first Cloud.

Doubtless just a new paint job and USB soundcard thingy.

If you insist on having 7.1 surround sound just get the HyperX Cloud II next month. They are near audiophile quality, and an amazing value for the price. And just like the name suggests, they feel like a cloud on your head. However, the best solution will always be headphone+modmic+sound card.

Doubtless just a new paint job and USB soundcard thingy.

It's a USB 7.1 virtual surround card, a better mic, and new colors.