What is the best gaming headset on the market?

Markus_Bend

Hey all i'm thinking about buying a new headset after new year. But i'm not really sure what headset is the best on the market any ideas?

PS: the headset must be comfortable.

I LOVE my Beyerdynamic MMX 300 headset.

Superlux HD668Bs + Microphone. 

Best budget option.  The Superluxs can be found on Massdrop.com for $30, just have to catch them when they're on a drop.  They go up for sale often.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

so everyone of you suggest on sennheiser but have any of you actually tried the razer tiamat or any of the asus headsets? and what's wrong with 7.1?

i use G930 for already a three years. even tho, battery is slowly dying (it degraded from 10 hours to 6 hours), i used them almost every day of year for at least 6 hours. signal transmitting and receiving is great, if you don't have anything next to dongle (like wi-fi router, for example), no sudden disconnections/reconnections even through a 3 concrete (!) walls, sound audio is superb for wireless headset (imo), but mic could use some better membranes.

all in all, it worth the money Logitech asking for it.

If you can find game one for $20 more than HD558 + modmic, by all mean get them. I've heard sennheiser's mic before and they do sound pretty good, comparable to modmic (after all sennheiser does make professional mic).

game one has a mic similar to that of blue yeti's mic quality. Its even better than a mod mic, but its really hard to find game one to go on sale.

so everyone of you suggest on sennheiser but have any of you actually tried the razer tiamat or any of the asus headsets? and what's wrong with 7.1?

So I will tell you what's supposedly wrong with the 7.1 surround gaming headsets. As Razer claims to make their headset a 'true' surround sound they put in multiple(5) drivers in each ear shaped like a dish. To make this affordable for the company they will use way cheaper drivers and since big name gaming companies like Razer is already known for overpricing their products, you can imagine the quality of each driver compared to that of some of the more well known headphones from sennheiser, akg etc. So in turn, when you compare the sound quality between the tiamat headset and the sennheiser HD 598(same price range), you will notice a world of difference. Sure the tiamat will simulate that surround sound for you and what not but at what cost. Of course I'm not saying just go with sennheiser, but if I were you I would do more research on products before you make a decision. Read as many reviews, go to best buy or other stores to try these headsets etc.

50$

150$

Or get what i've got hd558 + modmic. Or gameones if you can find them cheap.

What the fuck is the point of having a forum if all people do is post Youtube videos in it, hmm?

So I will tell you what's supposedly wrong with the 7.1 surround gaming headsets. As Razer claims to make their headset a 'true' surround sound they put in multiple(5) drivers in each ear shaped like a dish. To make this affordable for the company they will use way cheaper drivers and since big name gaming companies like Razer is already known for overpricing their products, you can imagine the quality of each driver compared to that of some of the more well known headphones from sennheiser, akg etc. So in turn, when you compare the sound quality between the tiamat headset and the sennheiser HD 598(same price range), you will notice a world of difference. Sure the tiamat will simulate that surround sound for you and what not but at what cost. Of course I'm not saying just go with sennheiser, but if I were you I would do more research on products before you make a decision. Read as many reviews, go to best buy or other stores to try these headsets etc.

That and the fact that you need two ears to percieve spatial information from sound, so having multiple drivers in one earcup is going to have no practical effect.

What the fuck is the point of having a forum if all people do is post Youtube videos in it, hmm?

We are kinda on a forum that only started because of videos. And its really not hard to skip through the videos to get the hardware if thats all you want.

i use G930 for already a three years. even tho, battery is slowly dying (it degraded from 10 hours to 6 hours), i used them almost every day of year for at least 6 hours. signal transmitting and receiving is great, if you don't have anything next to dongle (like wi-fi router, for example), no sudden disconnections/reconnections even through a 3 concrete (!) walls, sound audio is superb for wireless headset (imo), but mic could use some better membranes.

all in all, it worth the money Logitech asking for it.

i already had that headset great headset but the ear cup broke of after a half year cause of tiny plastic

i know razer use to over price stuff but i'm after a headset thats good in games,comfortable to wear,has good bass,good sound quality,have a good mic and 7.1 surround on a headset thats not just crap 7.1 that's what i'm after.

i know razer use to over price stuff but i'm after a headset thats good in games,comfortable to wear,has good bass,good sound quality,have a good mic and 7.1 surround on a headset thats not just crap 7.1 that's what i'm after.

Just a question. Can you not read? 7.1 is a gimmick. You dont want it. Look through your own thread and they will tell you why. Also good in games and bass generally dont go too well. Open headphones (which are good for games) are usually even or light on the bass. Closed headphones (worse for games) generally have more bass. You will find the answer to your question if you just read your own thread.

I'm not sure what the point of having this thread is when you basically have ignored everything anyone says. Were you just looking for assurance and a pat on the back from someone saying that going for tiamat with its 'real' 7.1 surround is the right choice? I hate to break it to you, but their 'real' surround sound is just as much of a gimmick as any other virtual surround in a gaming headset. But dint let me stop you by any chance and Why don't you just buy the product and try it for yourself. Just do me a favor though, years down the road, if you ever do make a smarter purchase on a pair of headphones and realize the difference, don't come back complain to us how we didn't give you a better advice. Because I think everyone on this thread certainly has tried.

Just a question. Can you not read? 7.1 is a gimmick. You dont want it. Look through your own thread and they will tell you why. Also good in games and bass generally dont go too well. Open headphones (which are good for games) are usually even or light on the bass. Closed headphones (worse for games) generally have more bass. You will find the answer to your question if you just read your own thread.

loooool i can read and i'm talking about the virtual 7.1 surround it's not just a gimmick i can hear the virtual 7.1 in games when i turn it on on the headset i have now and the one i had before this one also

I'm not sure what the point of having this thread is when you basically have ignored everything anyone says. Were you just looking for assurance and a pat on the back from someone saying that going for tiamat with its 'real' 7.1 surround is the right choice? I hate to break it to you, but their 'real' surround sound is just as much of a gimmick as any other virtual surround in a gaming headset. But dint let me stop you by any chance and Why don't you just buy the product and try it for yourself. Just do me a favor though, years down the road, if you ever do make a smarter purchase on a pair of headphones and realize the difference, don't come back complain to us how we didn't give you a better advice. Because I think everyone on this thread certainly has tried.

i know it's a gimmick i'm actually after virtual 7.1 surround cause there is a big different between having mono and surround sound on a headset and yes the virtual works and i'm not thinking about buying the razer i wanted to know if somebody tried it cause i never had a razer headset before.

the reason i'm not sure about the Sennheiser headset's is cause a friend of me told me he had like 3 Sennheiser headsets of the most exspensive Sennheiser gaming headsets and they all broke and had bad bass with is somthing you need in games for best gaming experience he sony's headsets was better for him i'm just saying what he told me so i dunno. I have a Sennheiser headset thats of the cheapest ones works good for music etc.

i know it's a gimmick i'm actually after virtual 7.1 surround cause there is a big different between having mono and surround sound on a headset and yes the virtual works and i'm not thinking about buying the razer i wanted to know if somebody tried it cause i never had a razer headset before.

OK, to clear things up, all quality headphones have surround sound. Especially if they are open headphones. Example: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD700X-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B009S332TQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419456399&sr=8-1&keywords=ath700x. Those are open headphones and the real and very open soundstage will sound miles better than any virtual gimmicky 7.1 surroundsound. Please just forget about the virtual surround sound fad thing. Also my friend had razer krakens which broke in 6 months. Would not recommend for gaming as they are closed.

the reason i'm not sure about the Sennheiser headset's is cause a friend of me told me he had like 3 Sennheiser headsets of the most exspensive Sennheiser gaming headsets and they all broke and had bad bass with is somthing you need in games for best gaming experience he sony's headsets was better for him i'm just saying what he told me so i dunno. I have a Sennheiser headset thats of the cheapest ones works good for music etc.

Well by all accounts (my own as well) sennheisers are very good. Also bass is actually bad for gaming if you have to much of it. The best gaming headphone is a very balanced one with a controlled bass. Gaming headphones/headsets are way overrated with far too much bass. You musical headphones from sennheiser,audio technica, and beyerdynamic are much better options as they are built better, sound better, and are just generally higher quality.

OK, to clear things up, all quality headphones have surround sound. Especially if they are open headphones. Example: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD700X-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B009S332TQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419456399&sr=8-1&keywords=ath700x. Those are open headphones and the real and very open soundstage will sound miles better than any virtual gimmicky 7.1 surroundsound. Please just forget about the virtual surround sound fad thing. Also my friend had razer krakens which broke in 6 months. Would not recommend for gaming as they are closed.

Well by all accounts (my own as well) sennheisers are very good. Also bass is actually bad for gaming if you have to much of it. The best gaming headphone is a very balanced one with a controlled bass. Gaming headphones/headsets are way overrated with far too much bass. You musical headphones from sennheiser,audio technica, and beyerdynamic are much better options as they are built better, sound better, and are just generally higher quality.

ok then i will try a Sennheiser headset then also i know that to much bass makes the sound bad but as my friend told me the bass on the Sennheiser headsets are to flat.

Sennheiser G4ME ONE,Sennheiser G4ME ZERO or Sennheiser PC 363 D G4ME witch one would be the best for games?

ok then i will try a Sennheiser headset then also i know that to much bass makes the sound bad but as my friend told me the bass on the Sennheiser headsets are to flat.

if you want good bass and good gaming sound set up, I recommend phillips Fidelio X2 its over ear open headphones with great bass. Fantastic build quality, sound stage and really comfortable. I use it for gaming all the time and a clip on zalman mic($10 from amazon) on top of it.