Vitalius' "Goodbye for now" game giveaway~! [CLOSED]

Okay, I 'm not really in for a win or for the purpose of entering the contest, But i'm just here to say goodbye to one of our best forum member, sad to see someone like you leave & i can understand you in a way, for whatever the situation may be , i know that you're making a thoughtful process..It's been a nice experience being on a forum with friendly guys who are truthful , altho i missed a chance to add you as a friend of mine, regardless we all know each other don't we :P ,

Anyways, Good luck Champ, Hope you're happy with your decision, & also were hoping that we'll probably get to see you lurking around as askew :P ...

Details separate people.

I'm not entering, but I just wanted to tell you that reading this made me happy and I wish you the best of luck going forward.

I understand your predicament and I made a similar thread not so long ago with the intention to allocate time elsewhere. I still lurk and post much less frequently but I've cut it well back, the addiction aspect is very real and with you especially your posts are not all short ones or one liners, a lot of those are long and high effort postings which just goes to show post count doesn't really mean a lot.

You're a resourceful and intelligent person, I'm sure you'll win if your mind's in the right place and I'd say what you're doing is a step in the right direction.

It's been good having you around but don't be tempted to look back, pillars of salt don't have dreams.

First Askew, now you....

-_-

don't be tempted to look back pillars of salt don't have dreams.

I'm sorry, but this is just a wonderfully beautiful quote.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

Thanks, I like it too.

-snip-

Entered into the giveaway. You are one crazy bastard (/religious joke that not everyone will get), but maybe that's a good thing.

-snip-

Better. Entered.

-snip-

That's a good dream. I'm looking forward to it's fruition. Don't give up. :D 

Semi-related: Someone edited out the comment (TL;DR of the video) about the guy in the video's childhood. If it was you or another mod, please message me about why it was removed. I wasn't contacted about it, but I noticed it was gone and it wasn't me. It could just be some automated editing filter for common restricted terms, but I've never known such a thing to exist, so yeah.

Entered.

-snip-

Awesome dream. I recommend getting out in the world and travel to see the needs of the people. That way your inspiration can be pushed to come up with something truly useful.

Entered.

-snip-

I like that dream. I figure that's a hard job, but I believe you can do it if you sincerely try. Good luck. :D

Entered.

-snip-

Doing what you love is always a great dream. One motivational speaker (Eric Thomas, the hip hop preacher) mentioned once that you should follow what you are passionate about and not worry about money and other things. If you are truly passionate about what you do, those other things will come with time. It doesn't mean there won't be struggle, it just means that struggle will be worth it.

Entered.

-snip-

Having an experience like that to give you direction is always useful. That's a great neither short nor long term goal. :) I'd consider that more a direction than a dream, but hey, it's better than nothing. 

It's like what Les Brown said in one of his videos, "Most people don't become successful not because they aimed high and missed, but because they aimed low and hit their target." i.e. dreaming big is just as important as anything else in being successful in having your dreams. Not saying that's not good enough, I'm just saying don't stop there once you get there. :D

Entered.

-snip-

I can understand that dream. One of my dreams is to take a long vacation in Japan. Really experience the culture and explore. I don't care to live there (too many things are too expensive, not to mention their economic, social, geographic, & political situations and such), but I love the land. Anime will do that to you.

Like I said to Creepers above, directions are fine, just don't stop once you get what you want. We create our own ceilings. Make sure you are truly happy with yours.

-snip-

I agree regarding "goodbye posts". That's why I decided to make it a giveaway. To give it purpose beyond "I'm out. Later."

That's a good goal. It's a bit "general", and is more of an obstacle, but I'll take it. I recommend defining a specific dream/goal. One of the greatest quotes I've heard is from Zig Ziglar which said, "How can a man hit a target he cannot see?" And a lot of other motivational speakers (Tony Robbins, Les Brown, Ruben Gonzalez, etc) mention this as well. Part of motivating yourself to accomplish your goal is experiencing it in your mind just about constantly. 

For Ruben, it was walking into the Olympic stadium. How the air would feel, the excitement he'd have, etc etc. It's hard to do that when you have a generic goal that has little substance. I'm not saying your dream/goal is bad, I'm just saying you should strive for it while coming up with something you can put your mind on to motivate you. 

i.e. imagine yourself experiencing change and enjoying it. That's what I would do for your specific goal. That might take form in you talking to someone new, eating something you've never tried before, or whatever. 

It is. It really is. @Askew, that was great. Thank you for saying that. 

For those who don't get why that is such an awesome quote, I'm Christian, and it's related to a Bible story. See, God was going to destroy the two cities Sodom & Gomorrah, but Abraham asked God if He would do it if even a single righteous person lived in the two cities. God said no, but He knew that only a single righteous family did live there.

So, He sent angels to lead the family out of the city so that God could destroy them. Well, God commanded the family to not look back as they left the city so that they wouldn't see the destruction unfolding. Lot's (the man of the family) wife didn't listen and looked back, and she turned into a pillar of salt. 

So, it's metaphorical in the sense that looking back on where you came from keeps you from looking forward where your dreams are which is where you should be going. 

So pillars of salt do not have dreams.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I want to be the very best that no one ever was, to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.

But seriously, my dreams aren't absurd, I just want a peaceful life with the wife, maybe two kids and some animals in a safe area where the temp is a brisk 70 degrees most of the year. (no, I'm not converting that) As far as more loftier goals, I want to see Machu Picchu up close in person with someone I love. As a huge Civ fan, it's one of my fav wonders, I want to be in awe if seeing this wonder up close. To breath such mountainous air and all.

- Money

- Lack of passport

- RL things taking higher priority

+ In a loving relationship

+ I'm not dead yet

+ I am best CIv :P

*Already mentioned civ for the loftier stuff. For the basics, heading on 3 years with this woman and we've yet to have an earth shattering fight over things, she's the best.

PS: Random games are cool and all, but the above post was fluff. You were always a cool member and we shared a silly Texas brotherhood. We seemed to agree on many things and those we didn't, we never were at each others throats. Take the break to accomplish things, stay you. :)

Dream:

Being like Linus or working with him...

Why I cant?

Because I dont have the knowledge and professonialism he and the crew has.

I cant work with him, because they will be probably end the LMG when Im done with college, or they wont be hiring.

Also, Im in Portugal, not Canada, and I should have strong reasons to go abroad...

Why can?

Because I can afford to fly over to Canada.

If Linus is hiring, I might get the job.

I will take a course of Video Editing and stuff, sorry Brandon and Edzel xD

What lead you to it?

I love tech! I try to help the community whenever I can and as all of you I love tech, again! #PCMasterRace!

Goodbye Vitalius! It was nice having you around! Farewell mate! ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

:( I'll miss you buddy. It's been great talking to you...hopefully we can still chat occasionally (gotta setup that G+ or something for the group) Stay safe!

Indeed. You know my gmail, correct?

):

cya next week m8

heh

wat. You probably won't see me. Ever. (Entirely possible) Again. 

The-Sandlot-FOREVER.gif

topkek

for some reason I get weird mental images from this typo.  :D

Many do.

the hangout? I haven't set it up yet, but sure, shoot me a PM

im trying to get everything situated (G+ is a mess)

If you need help, just ask.

My ego boost has just skyrocketed & I'm in space, thanks V & I hope your dream comes true.

:) They will. 

I want to meet LMG.

I can't because I don't live Vancouver.

I can if I go to CES or something like it.

I like LMG videos.

You can do better than that. :P

Well, You'll be missed! no more AoT arguments :'( as for the giveaway, I'll skip :)

Until next time mate

1369703817685.png

I don't want to join the giveaway for the same reason you're leaving the forum, video games sap my time too much :P

However, I wanted to wish you good luck with your dreams and in case you'd want to, recommend you a program called Cold Turkey that blocks certain sites and executable files from your computer for a specific time: http://getcoldturkey.com/

Sometimes it's the only way for me to stay off social media/forums/steam, you name it.

I understand.

Thanks. That could help quite a bit.

I don't know if this is over but good luck vit, have fun man.

It's not until 5PM CST today (just under 9 hours from now). Will do, thanks man. 

Okay, I 'm not really in for a win or for the purpose of entering the contest, But i'm just here to say goodbye to one of our best forum member, sad to see someone like you leave & i can understand you in a way, for whatever the situation may be , i know that you're making a thoughtful process..It's been a nice experience being on a forum with friendly guys who are truthful , altho i missed a chance to add you as a friend of mine, regardless we all know each other don't we :P ,

Anyways, Good luck Champ, Hope you're happy with your decision, & also were hoping that we'll probably get to see you lurking around as askew :P ...

You can now. I could be back one day.

Lol, if I am, then I've failed.

I'll miss you man. God Bless!

Same to you. :)

First Askew, now you....

Mhmm.

-snip-

Entered. Just keep in mind the thing I mentioned in the prior post about ceilings. But hey, if that makes you happy, go for it. 

Just note what Andy Andrews said at the end of his "Seven Decisions" speech: "I don't hope you do great things in your life. I expect you to. Because you and everyone else are helping to create the world my kids will grow up in. So I'm going to hold you accountable and you can expect the same of me."

-snip-

Hey, anything can happen. I know it's hard to start a Youtube channel as successful as his, but if it wasn't hard, everyone would be doing it, and if it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be worth doing. 

Later. It was nice being around. lol

Entered.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't really wish to enter, but I do have something to say.

I would like to wish you the best with the future. You are one of the few people that I have considered it a real pleasure to talk to everytime we got past eachother.

So atleast I want you to know that you made a hugh difference in my forum experience.

I really understand your dream about seeing places and traveling. I also love to travel and I do so as often as possible,

Seeing the world is one of the best things in life (in my opinion anyway).

So again, good luck with the future, and I hope you will get your dreams fulfilled.

See ya space cowboy.

What is my dream?

To see the world some more, to see my daughter (and possibly future children) grow up and be happy.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I think my depression levels have soared enough when @Askew left the forum. And then @Geekazoid said he would leave, but didn't, and then YOU. YOU were the one who made me such a better member. I want to cri so much. I think I just did so hard my keyboard got flooded. Anyways, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I want to be the very best that no one ever was, to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.

Oh great, now you've got me singing the entire song lol. 

I'd like to post something, because I recon it'd actually be beneficial to me to think about this, but it's 20 to 12 here in Aus, and I'm probably going to go to sleep now :P

Hopefully I come back tomorrow and type up something half-decent. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Its good to hear you got dreams man, have a sense of direction in life gives us meaning.

you'll be missed from here and having proper discussion.

I've got big dreams, but I need to get into the industry more and look at getting my phd later on

Its all about those volumetric clouds

My dream: To not die lonely.

Why you can't do it:

- I'm socially awkward.

- Making friends is hard.

- I can't be arsed.

Why you can do it:

- I never lose hope, ever.

- There is still time.

- I'm learning Japanese so maybe I'll try there if I can't do it here.

What lead to you wanting to do it:​

Being lonely kind of sucks.

Anyways gimme "Long Live The Queen" please.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

@Vitalius I think I lost your email. What is it again?

firstname.lastname@gmail.com 

My name is on my profile page for Twitter, Facebook, & Google+. 

Could I have written it? Yes. Does this potentially stop spammers from scanning web pages for emails and spamming them from spamming me? Hopefully.

† Christian Member †

the first "i'm leaving" post that actually caught my attention, considering how active you are on the forums, and not just active but actually a decent member. Good luck in what you are trying to achieve, getting your priorities straight is a big first step, keeping true to them is a even bigger second step.

I won't say no to the chance to selfishly splurge out my personal thoughts about myself :P.

worked at a factory for a while and realized that the midway of requiring knowledge, or just showing up and getting home laying the work behind you wasn't for me, decided with how much time work consumes i would rather find a way to combine work and spare time by finding a field i can indulge myself in.

I think i have found my place, i like logic and understanding, pretty much the only thing i am interested in is why and how the world works as it does. my far fetched dream would be to become a scientist within the realm of physics, next year i'l start a 3 year education to get a bachelor in what i think is the equivalent of computer science for you english folks, hopefully this will prove to be a powerful tool that will enable me to branch out later down the road, first getting a job then expanding with physics more math etc, on the side. If not doing it myself i would hope to become an asset/advisor or something along those lines for other scientists.

NOOOOOOO! @Vitalius, you're one of my favourite forum members! You will be missed.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Awh man, Vitalius it's going to be sad not seeing you around anymore. :(
I wish you luck with your dream and travels! Take a lot of pictures for us when you get back :D

Dream: To Work in Formula One

Why I can't:

This is mainly because I currently don't have the grades to do Aeronautical Engineering at University. It's been a massive downer on me because it's what I've had planned in my head for the past couple of years and knowing that I have a tiny chance to do it at a University I really want to go to hurts a lot. I also have to deal with a lot of family expectations where they want me to do well. Every time I don't do well I get an ear full because I didn't try hard enough or am just lazy. Sometimes it makes me want to flip out but I can manage to keep it together.

Why I can:

I can do this because I've taken initiative to try and make a change in the way I approach work now. I've started studying earlier and a lot more intensively. I take matters into my own hands and found my own tutors to guide and help me through the work I'm doing so I can achieve this dream of mine. Doing all of this has given me a slight hope that I can do this and I will do this. I'm not allowing anything or anyone bring me down anymore and I will fight and fight until I can get to where I want to be.

What lead me to wanting this:

Ever since I got an interest in motorsport I thought about how cool it would be to become a racing driver. Although now I'm too old to start (even though I'm only 17 a lot of drivers start around 4-7 years old), unfit and just not quick enough I resorted to the next best thing. Working with the teams in motorsport. I have a huge interest in Physics and found it so interesting how random bits like a wing or a flap can add to the performance of a car. That's what got me started and I carried on researching and researching until I made my choice of what I want my profession to be.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

You can do better than that. :P

I don't have many dreams yet in life.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I don't know you much, but I wish you best of luck in achieving your goals and realizing the dream(s).

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Tbh at first I didn't really give this thread much thought, but after sleeping on it I think I might get off the forums myself as well, or at least substantially cut my activity for what appears to be similar reasons to yours. I can always learn about tech stuff and whatever whenever I want to and when I'm older instead of squandering the important time now. Besides, my major is forcing me to learn it anyway, and I can at least stay 80% on top of it through WAN show and The Tek.

With regards to the matter at hand, my dreams are depressingly ambitious, By that I mean too many, too large, too time consuming.

I always wanted to make music, I still wish I could today, but I'm a bit beyond the age of adapting into that easily at this point, when I was a little kid (7~12) I always wanted to learn to play either a drum or a guitar and constantly asked for one of either, but I never got either of them and instead a Piano; which I had no interest in and sat collecting dust, I didn't bother asking again after that. It's one of the few things I've resented so deeply that my parents have done. While the gesture is nice, looking back things could have been so much more different if the current me had access to what the past me could have learned. 

I wanted (and still do) to learn multiple other languages (at least 3 beyond English), it still blows my mind that we're such an advanced race but can't even communicate beyond basics with some of each other, the irony is honestly embarrassing. As a mixed blessing, I had the unfortunate opinion of coming into HS as a dumb kid thinking I wanted to do something in medical, after taking biology and realizing how much I hated it, I swiftly changed my mind, though at that point it was too late and I had already completed Latin 1, so I just decided to go through with it to Latin 2 and meet my credit requirements, but by the time I was there I figured I'd already been so vested, I might as well go all the way and stayed until level 4. I don't really regret the choice since I learned a lot about classics and English in there and met some cool people that I'm still friends with, but were I given the choice again I would have taken something more usable, like German or Mandarin. Latin would by proxy make Italian pretty easy to learn, but I'm not really that interested.

I also wish that I could stick with literature and history instead. I had a great time in those classes in both HS and college (all my electives so far have been history and literature, I'll at least be finishing with a minor in history) and I genuinely enjoyed writing and researched, not to gloat, but I've been told on multiple occasions I have a talent for it. Regardless, I've been shoehorned into engineering instead of arts where I can survive as still skilled, but not optimal because it's not my best collection of subjects. The situation is similar to using a knife as a screw driver, sure I can work for that at a level that is perfectly acceptable, but it would do an amazing job at cutting things. I'm putting this off for now for the sake of minimizing risk and building some form of security for the future. If I'm capable enough to wriggle my way through with a degree that nearly guarantees something and a minimum lifestyle standard, I retain the opportunity to go back for what I wanted, as opposed to going for what I want now and facing uncertainty later.

These things can't be done (or done without absolute grueling effort) because everything is expensive in terms of time and money, while the current path I'm already on is extremely costly by itself, effectively crowding everything else out. I would say this is a very small cut of what I would consider "dreams" to be, some of the more mundane and easier ones excluded, but the fact still remains that I'm a greedy fuck and the only way I could ever meet all of these both mentioned and excluded is to love well beyond 100 years in my prime, and we're not quite at the point where that's possible, to my knowledge, anyway.

There's absolutely no denying that you never have enough time, and this forum is cutting into mine for unfortunately lower ROI by the month, which is why I definitely respect your choice and I'm not begging you to not leave, since like I said before you've forced me to consider it myself.

Error: 410

So you make my spreadsheet harder to keep up and then you leave...

Anyways good luck and hopefully i see you around sometime

Hue^3 Note that I posted in that thread that I'm not dying. You have my email and you can edit the spreadsheet. Just put the ID with the link to the post suggesting it and I'll do the rest. :P I'm leaving the forum, but I'll still read it from time to time when I need to learn something or in this case where I need to do something.

† Christian Member †

So you make my spreadsheet harder to keep up and then you leave...

Anyways good luck and hopefully i see you around sometime

IKR >.>

:P I kid.