What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

THE THING NO ONE SHOULD DO !!! (NO LINUS PLZ DONT!!)
The LattePanda Alpha ("Powerful" Single board computer) 
With m.2 converted in to PCIE 4X,
and Paired with an RTX 2080 ti = playing games in 4k Medium/high details (ideally less cpu intensive games)

60fps ??  or more..??

Will watercooling the Intel m3-7y30 CPU help??

Kind regards from Denmark
concept video that gave me the idea.. 

Finally available AMD flagship GPU (vega64)with custom pcb and working kinda optimized drivers!

My PC --- CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.3 || MoBo: Asus strix x470-F || RAM:32GB@3400mhz  4x8GB Corsair vegeance pro RGB || Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro AIO || GPU: Sapphire Rx5700 XT nitro+ || PSU: Corsair rm750i || Case: Thermaltake TG 31 RGB || SSD: 1x hp ex900 nvme 500gb 3x crusial mm500 1tb || Corsair M65 elite & Corsair platinum K95 || 2x Acer ed323 qura 1440p@144hz + Samsung c27fg70 1080@144hz.tb

Does overcharging a Tesla make it go Faster :P

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

What happens if a M.2 SSD with a heat-sink, gets placed on the back of a ITX Motherboard?

I suspect this does not fit, but the M.2 on ITX motherboards are usually placed on the back.

what effects does it have when the heat-sink is removed?

does it increase overall heat?

does it shutdown to prevent damages to the SSD?

does it mess up the other temperature measurements? ( because the PCB itself will heat up more)

And how much heat does it actually output with and without the heat-sink?

and are products like this needed?:

EK Water Blocks EK-M.2 NVMe Heatsink 

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

The SHIFT6mq.
It's a fairtrade, diy reparable smartphone and the most anti-iphone Phone I found thus far.

Made in Germany, they come in different sizes and capacities.

https://www.shiftphones.com/en/

https://shop.shiftphones.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8g1DFrAPbTVRBZ_N-YfcLA

Thoughts? I'd get one for myself but currently they're only preorderable.

If they happen to be on the market at some point, I wonder what LTT would have to say about it, if they reviewed one of them.

I need a backup solution for my mother. 

Lots of photos and personal documents. Windows based, allow for some automation like hot swap a drive to take one offsite. A main copy of all the data is available locally. No cloud solutions. Should there be raid? Should it be hardware and software hybrid? Something I don't need to do much effort to support.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:41 AM, timdine said:

I need a backup solution for my mother. 

Lots of photos and personal documents. Windows based, allow for some automation like hot swap a drive to take one offsite. A main copy of all the data is available locally. No cloud solutions. Should there be raid? Should it be hardware and software hybrid? Something I don't need to do much effort to support.

That'd be handy to see Linus review, but just fyi if you want a free program to look at, try FBackup 7.  It's free, works reliably, and has lots of bells and whistles for IT Pros.

How about ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1, its a very good budget phone with sdm636

Spoiler

Hey Linus, Can you do a review on the GXI11180CPG model of CyberpowersPc gamer xtreme desktop 

Spoiler

Please please please review noise canceling headphones. They are an expensive buy and i'm in the market for ones.

Just for fun. Could you check some thermal coupling with weird materials. Or do some test to see if it matters when you use graphite, gold paper, diamond powder or silver. 

Daimond would need to be industrial grade fine powder.

Gold could be the gold paper they use in hip and posh restaurants food grade or something, it is super thin and not that expensive.

Silver could be silver foil, should be attainable super thin.

Thin graphite could be an video all in itself. Contact some material science university. They are bound to be working with super thin graphite and willing to do a showcase and look around in the lab.

Thermal Conductivity
Material Thermal conductivity (cal/sec)/(cm2 C/cm) Thermal conductivity (W/m K)*
Diamond ... 1000
Silver 1.01 406.0
Copper 0.99 385.0
Gold ... 314

On 10/30/2018 at 3:31 PM, LogicWeasel said:

That'd be handy to see Linus review, but just fyi if you want a free program to look at, try FBackup 7.  It's free, works reliably, and has lots of bells and whistles for IT Pros.

That's an excellent start and I may give that a shot for my own setup to schedule backups to docked drives.  Now bundle it up with maybe a two drive NAS enclosure for local RAID and a dock for swap-able disks to take off site?  Or some other easy to use, reasonably priced hardware solution.  Style the video like one of the project videos where they do the long distance wifi or the comfortable game room.  Bonus points if it can have a home cloud option for a phone.