Rate the Photo Above you

2 hours ago, ALwin said:

With an 18-55 kit lens at a high speed motorrace track.... I doubt even pro togs would take such a risk.

A 200-300 mm focal range lens would do nicely from the safe areas.

Yeah I wasn't thinking quite that close :P I've sen what 140 mm on a 1.5x crop can do and it's decent :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

18 hours ago, ALwin said:

With an 18-55 kit lens at a high speed motorrace track.... I doubt even pro togs would take such a risk.

On some FIA licensed tracks even 50mm can be too long and there isn't much additional risk.  

On 9.9.2016 at 10:44 AM, johnr said:

Really great 10/10

IMG_6802.jpg

12 hours ago, LaundyGoggles said:

10/10 The composition's great!

-snip-

9.5/10 Great B/W shot. Love the lighting effect.

Ok, so here's mine, I need some feedback on how to get better shots, especially for jet planes moving 300+ MPH in the sky. Any hints or tricks?

Wi5A2RA.jpg

Bonus:

qtGRc8d.gif

Patriots Jet Team in case you guys were wondering

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

12 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

9.5/10 Great B/W shot. Love the lighting effect.

Ok, so here's mine, I need some feedback on how to get better shots, especially for jet planes moving 300+ MPH in the sky. Any hints or tricks?

Bonus:

Patriots Jet Team in case you guys were wondering

Fast shutter, get close, make sure you have the right settings picked since the sky will probably throw off the metering and make you use exposure compensation... um, and luck? :P 

Those are pretty good, 7.5/10

You reminded me to post mine :)

(spoiler because I'm breaking the max width rule, shhh :P)

Spoiler

DSC_2369.jpg

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

21 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Fast shutter, get close, make sure you have the right settings picked since the sky will probably throw off the metering and make you use exposure compensation... um, and luck? :P 

Those are pretty good, 7.5/10

You reminded me to post mine :)

(spoiler because I'm breaking the max width rule, shhh :P)

Reveal hidden contents

DSC_2369.jpg

This was actually my first time at an air show and I didn't quite know what to expect from my camera, its an a6000. I'll have to play around more with shutter priority. I have a few more pics, but my videos came out better than my stills. PS: One of the Patriot Jet pilots is an former Snowbird and flew for the RCAF.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

On 9.9.2016. at 8:35 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

well, you can get closer, or get a bigger lens :P  Whichever is cheaper (which is almost certainly getting closer if you can)

I need to apply for media acreditation, to get closer to track or on track where photographers are usually shooting, which I wouldn't pass because I am amateur and not representing any media.

sticking with aircraft. The met life blimp flying over at dusk,.

ITv6uXA.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

25 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

sticking with aircraft. The met life blimp flying over at dusk,.

I'll be honest, I don't love this one actually.  I feel like it's a fairly simple situation - not much going on - and so to really get some emotion in it it needs far more interesting lighting or some post effects or something.  At the very least, perhaps you could play with the raw to expose the blimp more and the sky ... differently, or something.

5/10 (sorry :P)

And I'm not posting another one since no one rated my snowbirds pic 9_9

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'll be honest, I don't love this one actually.  I feel like it's a fairly simple situation - not much going on - and so to really get some emotion in it it needs far more interesting lighting or some post effects or something.  At the very least, perhaps you could play with the raw to expose the blimp more and the sky ... differently, or something.

5/10 (sorry :P)

And I'm not posting another one since no one rated my snowbirds pic 9_9

yeah I should probably expose the blimp a bit more in photoshop or something. whoops i thought it was already rated. Ill give it a 7 out of 10. I dont have another picture so who ever post next i guess  will restart the line.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

46 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

yeah I should probably expose the blimp a bit more in photoshop or something. whoops i thought it was already rated. Ill give it a 7 out of 10. I dont have another picture so who ever post next i guess  will restart the line.

Definitely needs a bit of dodging around the underside of the blimp, try using either an adjustment brush in Photoshop/LR or use masks.  You also need to pass it through some noise reduction algorithms.

A few weeks ago, I had a chance to do something I've always wanted to do.  Take a nice photo of a sports car, though unfortunately it wasn't in a studio setup like I would really want.  We were out filming some stock footage to use in a commercial project and I took my D4 along to capture some behind the scenes stuff.

(OK, I've covered the Geneva Motor Show a few times already, but this is the first time I found myself the time to properly take photos of a nice looking sports car.)

I'm a big fan of Bruno Ratensperger and Scott Kelby.

Here's the original looking photo of a friend's uncle's Jaguar.  Completely boring.

_AL90068.jpg

Passing it through PS to stylize it the way I want.  I could've spent a few more hours cleaning up the reflections, dirt, etc. but "GIGO", if I want a cleaner shot I'll try to get a cleaner shot from the beginning by shooting in a studio with my larger strobes and strip boxes.

_AL90068-Edit.jpg

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

13 hours ago, Utkarsh Amitabh Srivastava said:

10/10 I am not a pro photographer, but I can say it looks great.

5/10, composition is almost there, but the colors just seem off. I fell maybe its a bit over exposed.

Heres a pic i took for an amazon review

IMG_5878.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

26 minutes ago, bob345 said:

5/10, composition is almost there, but the colors just seem off. I fell maybe its a bit over exposed.

Heres a pic i took for an amazon review

9.5/10 great shot!  I feel like the watch could have been positioned just slightly differently in the frame, so the top is "facing" more into the picture, if you know what I mean... but avoiding having too much blank wood is important too.

I'm curious about the choice of ISO 125... is that the base ISO of your camera?  Because if not... why not go lower if you're already doing a long exposure?  Just random things I think about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :P 

And about the choice of f/10 for that matter.  I feel like you could have opened it up a little more and still had good focus on the important parts.  Either that, or do multiple shots and stack them to get literally everything perfectly in focus, if that was the goal :)

And now mine:  I hope the wake of the boat acts as leading lines or this is gonna look really boring xD

DSC_1629.jpg

The sky is really nice, and the hills/mountains in the background are nice, the water is kind of busy though, the wake is a little bit too disbursed to really work for what you're going for, and the boat is a little too hard to pick out. A decent landscape, but probably not exactly what you were going for.

_DSF0069.jpg

7 minutes ago, Tyr of Thoth said:

The sky is really nice, and the hills/mountains in the background are nice, the water is kind of busy though, the wake is a little bit too disbursed to really work for what you're going for, and the boat is a little too hard to pick out. A decent landscape, but probably not exactly what you were going for.

_DSF0069.jpg

I'm a sucker for babes and bikes.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

On 2016-09-12 at 0:53 AM, ALwin said:

Definitely needs a bit of dodging around the underside of the blimp, try using either an adjustment brush in Photoshop/LR or use masks.  You also need to pass it through some noise reduction algorithms.

A few weeks ago, I had a chance to do something I've always wanted to do.  Take a nice photo of a sports car, though unfortunately it wasn't in a studio setup like I would really want.  We were out filming some stock footage to use in a commercial project and I took my D4 along to capture some behind the scenes stuff.

(OK, I've covered the Geneva Motor Show a few times already, but this is the first time I found myself the time to properly take photos of a nice looking sports car.)

I'm a big fan of Bruno Ratensperger and Scott Kelby.

Here's the original looking photo of a friend's uncle's Jaguar.  Completely boring.

_AL90068.jpg

Passing it through PS to stylize it the way I want.  I could've spent a few more hours cleaning up the reflections, dirt, etc. but "GIGO", if I want a cleaner shot I'll try to get a cleaner shot from the beginning by shooting in a studio with my larger strobes and strip boxes.

_AL90068-Edit.jpg

Is that the Jaguar F-type 2016? Or an older model? Was a really cool shot though, personally I really like the red accents on the brakes though.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

27 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

Is that the Jaguar F-type 2016? Or an older model? Was a really cool shot though, personally I really like the red accents on the brakes though.

It's a Jaguar XKR.  I doubt it's a 2016 model.

30 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

Was a really cool shot though, personally I really like the red accents on the brakes though.

I like how the dirt on the tires got even more prominent in the edited version.

33 minutes ago, ALwin said:

It's a Jaguar XKR.  I doubt it's a 2016 model.

Ah, my dream car atm would be a Jaguar F-type 2017. But well to afford that I would really have to succed with my studies..hah

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Standing on top of Loop Head lighthouse and handheld six shots and stitched together in PS, converted to B&W and messed around with settings.

2ZdR2bth.jpg

The photo above. At my first glance, I thought it was shot using a ultra-wide lens. I like black and white photos. 10/10

Flower at our office.IMG_5163.JPG

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD

Photo above: Nice flowers always a great subject to learn use of different lighting techniques, But the colours seem a little off to me maybe adjust the blues slightly and also the two stems on the right of the image are abit distracting. Would love to see more height to the flowers.

Was this taken outside or against a backdrop?

On 14.9.2016 at 1:34 AM, PCBjon said:

Standing on top of Loop Head lighthouse and handheld six shots and stitched together in PS, converted to B&W and messed around with settings.

May I ask what lens you used in this shot?

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss