How did you guys save up for your PC?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

Work, Repair some stuff for family and friends and ask some money for the jobs and I buy some used hardware and build computers and sell them with a llittle profit.

Save up for it. Housesand cars are paid in cash. The idea of a long is strange to me.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If I can't afford something I wont buy it, the only times I would borrow is if its for something like a house, and then only a bank can really give me the funds I require.  

Work 40 plus hours a week. Also Like some have said if you dont have the money dont buy it because at this point its something you want not need. I used to be that guy that would put something on my credit card because i knew pay day was around the corner and I would have the money to pay for it then so why wait? Well I found that if you wait to pay for something when you have the money in hand it feels so much better. I would only ever ask my parents for money or take out a loan if I was going to be kicked out of my house or if I could not afford to keep food on the table.  Also being debt free is a strange feeling but trust me you get used to it and damn does it feel good.  

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

Credit card, using a bank account online is a pain

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

if its online id buy a MasterCard gift card, if its at a store (mostly Microcenter) COLD HARD MUDDA FUCKIN CASH.

Jy9IuxQ.gif        <------ Me at microcenter

I am Obama..

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Got a loan from my parents because who is their right mind had 800 bucks just laying around :)

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

Got a loan from my parents because who is their right mind had 800 bucks just laying around :)

Anyone with a job that has reasonable saving habits? I'd be terrified if I only had $800.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Anyone with a job that has reasonable saving habits? I'd be terrified if I only had $800.

Ah well not in my country)) $800 is 3.5 - 4 months wages around these parts so having that while young is tough.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

Wanted fast food? Well guess what you anit having it.

Built/Bought my computer when I was 12. So a lot of saving up with birthday money over a couple years

I saved birthday money, summer money, Christmas presents and pocket money for two years, I managed to save 800 Singapore Dollars and still needed to borrow some money from my parents.

Worked part time for a year. Still in progress ofc. That's 2 years later.

So far I've spent probably around 2.5k CAD on my setup.

And maybe half a litre+ of blood.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

5 days at work, ggez

i5-4690k | GALAX HoF 980Ti | MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | 2xHyperX Fury 8GB @ 2133MHz | 2x240GB Kingston SSD in RAID-0 | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | NZXT H440 | Corsair H75 | Corsair RM750

Do not go gentle, into that good night.

I'm still sorting my money situation. Funds are super tight due to impending holiday and wedding but I was thinking of starting with something like

CPU: Intel Celeron G1840 2.8GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£27.82 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£30.97 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£19.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 610 1GB Video Card  (£25.97 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Zalman ZM-T4 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£14.99 @ Novatech) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (£29.95 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £181.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-26 22:49 BST+0100

And then upgrade different parts over time. The only thing I use my laptop for at the moment is Football Manager 2015, Excel, YouTube and iTunes.

My current laptop: HP Compaq Presario CQ62

still haven't got enough money lel

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Job 9-5 grindin it out :)

still haven't got enough money lel

Gratz dude on 1k posts

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

holy shit that's a lot of dough for lunch

Not really? I mean. Food's expensive, bruh

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I saved up on mine by opening an savings account and depositing Php100 everyday for a whole school year (my daily allowance is Php250)... and by also asking a bot of money from my parents  :lol:

School lunches here in America WERE $2.25 or whatever, but Michelle Obama. That's all I need to say.

I didn't eat at school bruh.

Chippies and Chinese places are where lunch is at

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Mine cost about $450 and I saved up by mowing people's lawns and selling paracord bracelets. I'm 12.

I can buy good computer from 2Months of working :D 

I5-4690K 4.7GHZ/Corsair H105/16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz/Asus VII HERO Z97/Evga 980 Ti Hybrid(soon)/Evga G2 750W/NZXT H440/Samsung 840 250Gb/WD Blue 1Tb/Logitech G502/Corsair K70 Blue switch/Logitech z4/Dell u2414h/Sennheiser HD650 With O2 Amp and ODAC/Mic-ISK-CRU1

currently, by working my ass off. I get paid $20 a day working with my dad doing small construction like decks, flooring, kitchen remodels, etc, etc. I mow lawns in the summer, shovel in the winter. It isn't easy. It is slow, but its rewarding.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition