How did you guys save up for your PC?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

Work, Repair some stuff for family and friends and ask some money for the jobs and I buy some used hardware and build computers and sell them with a llittle profit.

mowed lawns, yard work, sold miscellaneous things, washed cars, and random things for my neighbors, it didnt take me very long to my this pc 3-4 months  

Penguins or something random

Spoiler

(Main) Liquid Shadow V3 CPU: 5960x@ 4.7, Mobo: EVGA X99 Classified,RAM:G.Skill 16Gb 2666 ,GPU: 2 GTX 980Ti ClassifiedsPSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tb x3Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 25th Anniversary Edition 

Liquid Shadow V1 CPU4790k@ 4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power,RAM:G.Skill Sniper 16Gb OC@1866 ,GPU:  2 Sapphire 290x's watercooled, PSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tbCase: Cooler Master HAF X

Extra Rig: Cpu: 4790k@4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power, Ram: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance/G.Skill Sniper,  GPU: 3 GTX Titans, Psu: Evga Supernova 1300G2, Storage: Case: Cooler Master HAF X

(First Rig)The Enforcer: CPU: FX 8350@ 4.6,Mobo: Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3,RAM: HyperX 8gb @2133,GPU: Diamond Multi Media r9 290,PSU: XFX XTR 750, Storage: Adata Premier SP550 480gb, Case: HAF 912

Peripherals Razer Naga Epic Original, Razer Deathadder,Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Logitech G13, HyperX Cloud  

saved about 50% of my income for a couple of months + bonuses  :mellow:

Worked lots and lots of overtime and waited for parts to go on sale.

As a student I saved about six years, did front end coding works, designed logos and sites.. built the machine in my signature

In these years I only had experiences with many low end GPUs. It's like I experienced all these GPUs which cannot even run COD 2 smoothly.

Geforce 610M

HD 3470 on a second hand Thinkpad T400 (Finished Fallout 3 on this @ 1024*768 mid-high settings, playable though).

a X600SE dating back to ATi times, which can only runs Battlefield 2 @ 1024*768 under 30 fps. Cannot even run Need for Speed Prostreet or Shift.

Intel GMA X4500M HD ( Played COD 4 on a "MARVELOUS" 20fps @ 1024*768 low preset )

And some NVS GPU on a laptop.

Finally I bought these beautiful Kepler's. Definitely my first experience on a build which can be described as "Powerful" and "Exciting".

Z9PE-D8 WS | Dual E5-2680 @ 2.70 GHz 16C / 32TGigabyte GTX680 2-Way-SLi | DDR3 8GB * 8 ECC 1333 | Plextor M3P SSD 256G | Antec HCP-1200 | HP ZR24w  

My father always told me to keep approx 3 months worth of salary stashed in cash because you never know what could happen lol i guess whenever i need to buy something i dip into my cash savings and buy it, i don't really need to save up for things. 

It's called a credit card

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Spend less money than you make. Eventually you will have enough to buy that thing you want. 

I built and repaired PCs that ran linux.

Worked extra hours. Bought the main components needed to make my rig run, then bought all the extra tidbits like GPU and extra ram once they went on sale.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I work part time at a restaurant, but I also post on craigslist doing custom builds and or repairs locally here 

Work.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

i was getting screwed over on tax for a year so when i got it all back i built my PC with it. Good ol' HM Revenue & Customs..

My first ever PC was bought by my parents for work and I ended up using it. The second one was a birthday gift back in 2008, a beast of a PC. The third one (laptop - current) I saved up for over a period of a year from my birthday, christmas, and so on.. The next PC budget is nonexistent for a simple reason, I give all my hard earned money to my parents so can pay my tuition fees. Right now I'm looking at my options to try to save a little, so I can build something next year or maybe I'll give that money to my parents as well.

putting up trusses on the 4th of july

9 Out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music of Tetris

i'm a student, tough in the weekends i work as a mechanic at a place that rents industrial generators.

really cool job, always get to work on massive diesel engines! so yeah, that's how i got the money for my pc.

Since I am good with my hands my dad gave me like $300 to build a prototype for a cool idea he had. I also got like $120 last Christmas (spent that on a 750 Ti), and now I've been applying to different jobs so I can save up like at least a grand to get into some high end stuff.

sold my soul to lord gaben laptop

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer 

Worked for three summers.

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

I'm actually saving up on transport. I used to pay around €110 - €120 per month, now it's just €55 so i manage to set aside €65 each month. I've already got €130. :D

Unfortunate loss of my granny to breast cancer :(

Glad that in her last moments all she thought of was making all her family happy and giving them what they always wanted.

Rip :(

I work a shitty job that actually pays a lot for how shitty it is.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

didn't buy games for 5 months

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: