2 Cheap or 1 Expensive Graphics Card ?

Mahesh Bangale

Is it good to buy 2 cheap graphics card instead of 1 expensive ?
e.g. is it good to get 2 GTX 1080 instead of 1 RTX 2080.

7 minutes ago, Mahesh Bangale said:

Is it good to buy 2 cheap graphics card instead of 1 expensive ?
e.g. is it good to get 2 GTX 1080 instead of 1 RTX 2080.

Neither. Get an RTX 3080. Even thought it's build on the shit Samsung 8nm process, it's still vastly superior to anything else on market, and at a competitive price as well.

1 hour ago, Mahesh Bangale said:

is it good to get 2 GTX 1080 instead of 1 RTX 2080.

you mean to 2 way sli 2 1080's? if so no. sli is dead, brings little to no performance and doesn't scale well, but it does also depend on the workload but if it's just gaming then no, if you're talking about just running 2 cards without sli'ing them, then they can't work together (well some workloads can utilize 2 separate gpu's at the same time) but at least in gaming, they can't. 

Just getting a better over all card is better. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

For games? Single big boi. For other things, there might be scenarios where two 1080s end up better than a 2080 for compute I guess? But it depends a lot on the workload and if it scales at all with multi gpu.

The safe answer is generally one fast over two slower.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

36 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

For games? Single big boi. For other things, there might be scenarios where two 1080s end up better than a 2080 for compute I guess? But it depends a lot on the workload and if it scales at all with multi gpu.

The safe answer is generally one fast over two slower.

If you want compute, isn't a Radeon VII better?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |