17 y.o. Indian wastes parent's hard earned money (Rs.1.6 million) on pubg mobile in app purchases.

VirusDumb
8 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

I can feel it bro, mera bass ek classmate ko he PC building ke barrein mein pata hai aur uska laptop 512mb ram ka hai(bought in 2001 by his dad).(only one of my classmate knows anything about PC building and his own laptop has 512mb ram). My own PC is as much powerful as the 2nd PC in your potato farm (i3 3210, 4gb ddr3 1333mhz, Intel HD 2500, 120gb SSD, 500gb RAM) so to upgrade it I am saving every Rs I can I worked in a computer shop earned a Little (as much as a used gt710 costs)(but, chori hogaye, mummy ko kaamwali aunty pe shak hai), also studying hard(so I can impress my parents, to buy me a new PC after my class 10th results, now in class 9). And now I really hate chutiye like this.

Pehle toh bhosrike 3.5 Rs me RAM bech Kaun Raha hai?(nhi Bata mereko, saley

kadukan kharid lunga)(who is selling ram for RS. 3.5 I'll buy the entire stock)

Secondly mein AGR Tera baap hota toh mein yeh dekhne ke baad tujhe aur kuchbhi kharid ke nhi deta, bhosrike apne baap ko pagal bolta hai, sunn bhenchod pehle maa-baap ko  izzat Dena sikhogey toh duniya se izzat milegi, papa hai, woh nhi hotey toh tum paida he nhi hote. Isliye izzat do unko, a6i tarah se parhai-likhai Karo, RAM he, nhi pura PC kharidke denge(if I was your dad I won't buy you anything, you're calling your own dad mad, first learn to respect your parents, then other will respect you, if he wasn't there you wouldn't be even born, respect him, study well, he'll not only buy you RAM but a whole PC)

lmao i understand youre angry, aur hindi mein gaali bolne mein achha lagta hai (its nice to swear in hindi), but lets stick to english for the most part so that others who dont understand hindi can also understand and participate in the conversation

dont wait for 10th to buy a pc. i finished my exams, and my 10th results come out on July 15th. once 11th grade starts it will become way too hectic for you. your syllabus is nothing now. get a pc now and enjoy with it while you can. even 10th grade isnt as stressful as 11th. get a pc now, convince your parents.

😕

1 hour ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

dont wait for 10th to buy a pc. i finished my exams, and my 10th results come out on July 15th. once 11th grade starts it will become way too hectic for you. your syllabus is nothing now. get a pc now and enjoy with it while you can. even 10th grade isnt as stressful as 11th. get a pc now, convince your parents.

See I tried a lot their only, see whenever I ask something they just tell after 10th(if you get 85+%), I asked "mujhe game designing sikhni, Thora a6a PC chahiye"(I want to learn game development I need a Better PC) their reply was after 10th, I asked them I want to upload funny gameplays on YouTube, same reply as before, but this time I responded "11th mein parhai ka pressure Barr jayega, time nhi rahega"(in class 11, my studies will be harder, I won't have enough time), it was a big mistake they replied. "phir 12 ke baad",(then after 12th)

1 minute ago, SeAsOn3 said:

See I tried a lot their only, see whenever I ask something they just tell after 10th(if you get 85+%), I asked "mujhe game designing sikhni, Thora a6a PC chahiye"(I want to learn game development I need a Better PC) their reply was after 10th, I asked them I want to upload funny gameplays on YouTube, same reply as before, but this time I responded "11th mein parhai ka pressure Barr jayega, time nhi rahega"(in class 11, my studies will be harder, I won't have enough time), it was a big mistake they replied. "phir 12 ke baad",(then after 12th)

if you look at it that way, you will never get your pc, ever.

sacrifice on your trivial spendings, and convince your parents why you want the things you want. sit your parents down in front of a computer and show them the parts list youve made, why you want each part, how its useful to you, and how you will use it.

depending on science, commerce or arts, your time will vary heavily. as a science student and a club level football player, it is very hard to find time to sit down and game.

it all depends on the time you have.

😕

43 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

if you look at it that way, you will never get your pc, ever.

sacrifice on your trivial spendings, and convince your parents why you want the things you want. sit your parents down in front of a computer and show them the parts list youve made, why you want each part, how its useful to you, and how you will use it.

depending on science, commerce or arts, your time will vary heavily. as a science student and a club level football player, it is very hard to find time to sit down and game.

it all depends on the time you have.

Don't want to reveal my location here, I am from a state very close to Bangladesh, my father for his work has to live in another state (close to Bhutan, Nepal and China). So we(me and other members of my family) had came here to visit him and stay for a week(just the day before curfew) but got stuck here, I asked my parents if they can get a laptop here(we just bought a washing machine and fridge here even though we have in our actual home), I need to do my online class and computer science programming.(I was going to make them buy a ryzen 3 Apu laptop). But you know what? They rejected. So they're not agreeing to buy a PC for my studies, why will they agree to buy when I tell them,  that I want to play games? Or learn game development?

download (3).jpeg

Edited by SeAsOn3
Added a meme(follow on IG for memes like this @soumyajit69420)

On 7/7/2020 at 1:50 PM, SeAsOn3 said:

Screenshot_2020-07-07-13-49-38-49.jpg

You paid 70k for this???

Hide contents

Bhai tab toh chutiya Kat gaya

NOT for this(The new PC is yet to be updated and assembled). I paid about 25-30k for this at the time though(6 years ago, a 18.5 inch monitor came with it which went defective last year)

18 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

study well, he'll not only buy you RAM but a whole PC)

Same here, my father wouldn't buy me anything more than a GT 710. I calculated my 10th Board marks and they are (till now, expected) above 90%, so on that condition he bought me the parts.(However, If I get less than 90%, the parts will be sold once again XD). After Class 10 results, he will help me assemble my new PC with me(the only reason I have not assembled it yet)

On 7/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, Letgomyleghoe said:

WATERS NOT WET! WATER MAKES THINGS WET! IF YOU ADD MORE WATER TO WATER IT IS NOT MORE WET BECAUSE WATERS ISN'T WET!

if there is 1 molecule of water its not wet but its theres more than 1 molecule then the other molecule is making that molecule of water wet

4 hours ago, Raina21 said:

Same here, my father wouldn't buy me anything more than a GT 710. I calculated my 10th Board marks and they are (till now, expected) above 90%, so on that condition he bought me the parts.(However, If I get less than 90%, the parts will be sold once again XD). After Class 10 results, he will help me assemble my new PC with me(the only reason I have not assembled it yet)

So what are the specs? Let's see if my parents going to buy me one (I have to wait till 2022) 

So if you get less than 90% Will you change your profile pic to "ye bikk gayi yeh gormint"(to convey that yeh bikk gayi Meri PC)

Edited by SeAsOn3
Aded a meme reference so I can know if @Raina21 gets above 90% after 15th july

19 hours ago, Benji said:

Ah, okay. Doesn't Hindi have its own font type, though? Something that remotely reminds of Arabic font?

Yes, Hindi does have it's own font type, but it's easier to type it that way. I believe, it's called Hinglish (Using english keyboard to type Hindi).  

Typing hindi takes a tad bit of time. There are lots of curves and lines (matraye as we call it in Hindi) so it's pretty time consuming. 

I reckon it should not just be the kid put into scrutiny here though, the parents should have had a slap on the wrists in some way shape or form too. Bear in mind he's still not 18 yet. 

The fact that this kid had access to so much money and the parents did not put any restrictions on any of it makes me wonder what they were thinking as well :/ 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

5 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

if there is 1 molecule of water its not wet but its theres more than 1 molecule then the other molecule is making that molecule of water wet

I molecule of water would still make something wet, but when you add 2 molecules your not making the water more wet, you just have more water.

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=6097

here is some science from smart people

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

3 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I molecule of water would still make something wet, but when you add 2 molecules your not making the water more wet, you just have more water.

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=6097

here is some science from smart people

im saying the water isnt wet if theres only 1 molecule but if theres 2 molecules then the water is making itself wet

30 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

im saying the water isnt wet if theres only 1 molecule but if theres 2 molecules then the water is making itself wet

Well the water is wet when it’s one particle read the science peoples article.

AMD blackout rig

On 7/8/2020 at 5:31 AM, PoopThatTookAPee said:

how so? how would the company have to pay back the entire amount?

Well here it would be because a company took money from someone not old enough to even allow that kind of money to be spent.

In some countries the governments protect the people against big companies. (or at least they try).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

22 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

So what are the specs? Let's see if my parents going to buy me one (I have to wait till 2022) 

Specs are- i3 9100f, GTX 1660, Corsair Carbide Spec 01, Asus ROG Strix B365-F Motherboard, 240GB m.2(for windows), 2TB+1TB HDD, 8GB(8x1) DDR 4 3000Mhz(will upgrade to 8x2 later on though), a 550w PSU(have requested a replacement since the Cooler Master PSU (mwe 550w) I bought was defective) an Optical Drive(just for the looks XD), and some more on extras like RGB fans and CPU Coolers and other stuff, just for the Aesthetics(you could save some money on those.

22 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

So if you get less than 90% Will you change your profile pic to "ye bikk gayi yeh gormint"(to convey that yeh bikk gayi Meri PC)

Let's hope I don't have to do that.😆

2 hours ago, Raina21 said:

Specs are- i3 9100f, GTX 1660, Corsair Carbide Spec 01, Asus ROG Strix B365-F Motherboard, 240GB m.2(for windows), 2TB+1TB HDD, 8GB(8x1) DDR 4 3000Mhz(will upgrade to 8x2 later on though), a 550w PSU(have requested a replacement since the Cooler Master PSU (mwe 550w) I bought was defective) an Optical Drive(just for the looks XD), and some more on extras like RGB fans and CPU Coolers and other stuff, just for the Aesthetics(you could save some money on those.

You overpaid man, if I was you I should have bought a cheaper Mobo and got a 9400f , or get a ryzen build

70k is too much, a ryzen build with 3100 would have costed 55k

IMG_20200709_190542.jpg

Edited by SeAsOn3
Trying to trigger this guy 😂🤣 with memes

9 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Well here it would be because a company took money from someone not old enough to even allow that kind of money to be spent.

In some countries the governments protect the people against big companies. (or at least they try).

well how does pubg know that the parents didnt spend that money and then later they got bored of the game so they blamed it on their kid and tried to get the money back

I can't even imagine how tf he spent 16L on PUBG Mobile alone... My undergraduate education + IIT coaching + Laptop costs less than that.

There's always this temptation to spend a fortune on stuff you desire(which normally as a kid I had seeing others with consoles) but at one point you would(should) realise that it's not worth it. 

I remember asking for a PSP when I was in Grade 5, not because I wanted to game, but because others had it(and got a Cricket Bat instead).

I now have a decent laptop (i5-9300H, GTX1650, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) which is fine but crappily slow in running Fusion 360 but I'm not complaining, because that itself is a big investment in itself. I'm waiting for the moment where I can justify the purchase of a PC(eyeing R5-3600X/XT,GTX1660Ti/Super) for projects(I'm not a gamer), rather than spend rn and find out that the project is not viable in any state. My dad now really encourages me to build a good PC, but the self-restraint I built over the years to not spend lavishly brought about sense of trust that I wouldn't buy something worthless for me.(Like an iPhone, I own a Redmi)

TL;DR, it's not right to just blame the boy, but also the parenting. I've known pretty rich classmates(with humble parents) who don't spend lavishly on things they don't require or deserve. I don't think any sane person would spend money on something not at all worthwhile. More blame is to be put on parents rather than the guy. Sending him to a repair shop is something nominal and doesn't cover their sheer ignorance in finding about this earlier.

Apologies if my post is a stretch.

On 7/7/2020 at 7:32 AM, Rune said:

I had to work my ass off for a twenty when I was ten. They knew what they were doing was wrong. Especially since they were already trying to hide it from the parents.

And the fun thing is, when I was 17, I didn't know how to hide things fro my parents. So this kid is like a Einstein compared to me when I was his age.

Kids these days are fucked by social media, lootboxes and microtransactions. But the authorities won't give a fuck about regulating it.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, BharathA350 said:

I can't even imagine how tf he spent 16L on PUBG Mobile alone... My undergraduate education + IIT coaching + Laptop costs less than that.

There's always this temptation to spend a fortune on stuff you desire(which normally as a kid I had seeing others with consoles) but at one point you would(should) realise that it's not worth it. 

I remember asking for a PSP when I was in Grade 5, not because I wanted to game, but because others had it(and got a Cricket Bat instead).

I now have a decent laptop (i5-9300H, GTX1650, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) which is fine but crappily slow in running Fusion 360 but I'm not complaining, because that itself is a big investment in itself. I'm waiting for the moment where I can justify the purchase of a PC(eyeing R5-3600X/XT,GTX1660Ti/Super) for projects(I'm not a gamer), rather than spend rn and find out that the project is not viable in any state. My dad now really encourages me to build a good PC, but the self-restraint I built over the years to not spend lavishly brought about sense of trust that I wouldn't buy something worthless for me.(Like an iPhone, I own a Redmi)

TL;DR, it's not right to just blame the boy, but also the parenting. I've known pretty rich classmates(with humble parents) who don't spend lavishly on things they don't require or deserve. I don't think any sane person would spend money on something not at all worthwhile. More blame is to be put on parents rather than the guy. Sending him to a repair shop is something nominal and doesn't cover their sheer ignorance in finding about this earlier.

Apologies if my post is a stretch.

Lol I'm in grade 9 and I play PUBGM on PC with emulator (becuz I have a phone with 1 gig RAM), I had my interest in PC building since I was in 7th grade, and always dreamt of buying a dedicated gaming PC. But my parents refused and I started to do anything to get one(still doing). But being from a middle class family had it's good effects on me, I got the luxury of rich kids(When fitness band were in fashion, seeing others I also wanted one, but I knew they're costly so I ordered one of those m4 knock offs which look and function exactly like original, but it was defective on arrival so I had to return it, 1 month later my birthday came and my dad actually bought me a original Samsung fit e, even though I didn't ask)and also the humbleness of a not so rich family. Yeah I completely agree the parents had their faults, they should've taught them how to spend money carefully. I worked in a computer shop for 2 weeks(after final exam, they were paying 2000rs for just sitting and making part lists for non tech savvy people willing to buy a PC). And it was the first time I had the "things are expensive feeling".

(Fun fact- I came to a tour 1 day before curfew, , and got stuck here, 😭 now I am having a "tedha tha Parr Mera tha" (was not so decent but mine)syndrome)

On 7/3/2020 at 6:30 PM, SeAsOn3 said:

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/punjab-teenager-spends-rs-16-lakh-on-pubg-107717

He should've bought a rtx 2080ti pc, or a car, or ordered some weed.

Just kidding, Rs. 1.6 million is a lot of money in India, his parents saved it for his college education. He has spent it all on skins. He tried to do it in such a way that his parents won't be able to know, but his dad got a sms from the bank.

Now his dad is making him work in a scooter repair shop, so he can feel the importance

there isnt even hopes of a refund and also thats a shit ton of money god damn, his parents must be woefully unattentive and he must be an idiot, this is why micro transactions shouldnt be in video games they are small enough that at a glance you dont notice the money being spent and the things they offer skins, etc. are just enough to keep coming for more but thats mobile gaming for you since its easier to make mobile games but impossible to actually sell them at a reasonable price, just make them ftp with a casino attached, and with smart phones being as accessable this issue is only going to get worse.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, Escanor said:

They really need to regulate micro transaction and digital stores so this cant happen anymore it keeps repeating it self its not just the gambling its kids having acces to stores without there parents consent that is the issue, it should by default always require 2FA authencation code which would usually run on mobile that parent has, this would probably be best option to avoid these situations atleast to some point different story if your kids steal your phone and know how to unlock it for it to acces 2FA.

It’s up to the parent to remove the cards info, not the app, it’s like the “McDonald isn’t healthy” argument, there are salads and things, but you have to pick them.

AMD blackout rig

On 7/4/2020 at 4:24 AM, SeAsOn3 said:

But how can they spend such large amount of money in virtual cloths and gun stickers.

Trust me there’s 100$ USD skin packs that come out almost evryday, you could drop $1000 usd easily on pubg in a day $5000 if you were trying hard.

AMD blackout rig

On 7/9/2020 at 6:38 PM, SeAsOn3 said:

You overpaid man, if I was you I should have bought a cheaper Mobo and got a 9400f , or get a ryzen build

70k is too much, a ryzen build with 3100 would have costed 55k

After GST, the price spikes. REALLY. Also, this COVID situation has made pc parts much costlier.(For that Mobo, well I wanted an ATX with just a little bit of RGB, and that motherboard appealed a lot to me, I could not resist buying it). Still if the dealer agrees, I will try to get a i5 9400f as a replacement for the i3)