17 y.o. Indian wastes parent's hard earned money (Rs.1.6 million) on pubg mobile in app purchases.

VirusDumb
9 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

But how can they spend such large amount of money in virtual cloths and gun stickers.

It happens all the time.

These randomized loot box systems in F2P games are very predatory and rely on that "Just open 1 more box, I'll get that item I want this time for sure", "Ok, this is for sure the last box", "I've opened 5 boxes, whats 5 more?" slippery slope people fall down.

That's why there has been a lot of talk by many governments about trying to regulate these loot boxes in games as gambling.

On 7/5/2020 at 12:51 AM, SansVarnic said:

That would be unrealistic, I dont know how India handles its jails but i would think they keep juvenile law breakers separated from adults.

They do, but still juvenile law breakers, sometime make contact with others

On 7/5/2020 at 12:51 AM, SansVarnic said:

That would be unrealistic, I dont know how India handles its jails but i would think they keep juvenile law breakers separated from adults.

2020 (age 17): imprisoned in juvenile sectors

2021(age 18): moved to regular prison

depends on the amount of years he has to serve

😕

i dont really know how this happens, but indian teenagers (5 year olds to 35 year olds) ARE SO ADDICTED TO PUBG MOBILE it sucks the very soul out of them. they are willing to do anything to play that game and look cool. iTS SO RETARDED. it angers and boils my blood. makes me so angry asndabdjankfjDBNSifalk

the bizarre thing is every one who plays it thinks they can make an esports career out of it.

college is a huge deal in india. if you dont go to college, then your family will disown you and youll end up living on the streets (unless you somehow come up and get rich, which is when the parents invite you back home XD).

that money he blew on furry skins in the game was supposed to lead him into college, where he cpuld make a legitimate career for himself, in case his esports dream didnt work.

😕

24 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

i dont really know how this happens, but indian teenagers (5 year olds to 35 year olds) ARE SO ADDICTED TO PUBG MOBILE it sucks the very soul out of them. they are willing to do anything to play that game and look cool. iTS SO RETARDED. it angers and boils my blood. makes me so angry asndabdjankfjDBNSifalk

the bizarre thing is every one who plays it thinks they can make an esports career out of it.

college is a huge deal in india. if you dont go to college, then your family will disown you and youll end up living on the streets (unless you somehow come up and get rich, which is when the parents invite you back home XD).

that money he blew on furry skins in the game was supposed to lead him into college, where he cpuld make a legitimate career for himself, in case his esports dream didnt work.

PUBG mobile is ruining the gaming community in India. Every gamer out there knows that PC gaming has more scope in e sports. My 13 y.o. neighbor's kid made his parents buy him a OnePlus 7t just so he can play PUBG mobile smoothly. And the common thing they say about gaming PC are "mehenga hai yaarrrr"(it's expensive). C'mon you are spending 60-80k Rs on phones, u can get a decent gaming setup which is better than phones.spacer.png

IMG_20200706_092115.jpg

Edited by SeAsOn3
Aded a meme

On 7/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, Benji said:

Well, if I "translate" it into Euros, it's slightly more than 19000€. For that money you could buy a freaking new car. His father lets him work for it now, that's nice and, in my opinion, also the right thing to do. Things like this usually happen by having no concept for value. If he knew what it takes to earn such money, he probably wouldn't have done it (unless he's addicted to this game, of course, but that's just speculation). According to what I've heard about Indians finances, he'll have to work a damn long time to make up for that.

I didn't even know that one can spend 20000+ dollars for in-game SKINS and would even want to do so.

for 16 lakhs you can really buy an maxed out high end car or a really good SUV here yes. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

26 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

for 16 lakhs you can really buy an maxed out high end car or a really good SUV here yes. 

Or get iit coaching, I mean you can get it for free if you're good at studying and always end up in the top 30 in ur results, so you can use the money to pay the admission fees of IIT

Not only for himself, he brought those skins for his in-game friends too. As @SansVarnic and @SolarNova said, the boy was stupid. NO ARGUMENTS. Holy Shit, He could have bought some property and started a full fledged business with that thing. And one more thing. The BOY'S father(not me) said the money was not just for his studies, but also for covering the medical expenses of the father, who is due to retire and is has a medical condition(I think I read somewhere he was a heart patient). The savings were the father's ENTIRE LIFETIME'S collection. The ****** did not even think what his parents would do, ruining their AND his own future.

14 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Or get iit coaching, I mean you can get it for free if you're good at studying and always end up in the top 30 in ur results, so you can use the money to pay the admission fees of IIT

Man, even IIT Coaching, fees for Bachelors degree and Entrance fees dont cost this much. He could almost afford a top-end Tiago afterpaying for all those mentioned earlier.

1 hour ago, SeAsOn3 said:

PUBG mobile is ruining the gaming community in India. Every gamer out there knows that PC gaming has more scope in e sports. My 13 y.o. neighbor's kid made his parents buy him a OnePlus 7t just so he can play PUBG mobile smoothly. And the common thing they say about gaming PC are "mehenga hai yaarrrr"(it's expensive). C'mon you are spending 60-80k Rs on phones, u can get a decent gaming setup which is better than phones.spacer.png

IMG_20200706_092115.jpg

I just bought a 70k pc(not gaming ofc, but you know, these import prices, covid situation and 18% gst on top of that cost). My 15 year old Neighbour came to my house, saw it and asked me if it was decent to play modern titles. I said yes, but when I told him the price, his reply was-" Kya ispe PUBG mobile chalegi". I told him no(wanted to see his reaction). His simple answer to that was-"phir kya gand le aaye, isse acha koi dhang ka phone le lete aur uspe max settings kakre khel lete"(what crap have you bought, you should have bought a mobile capable of running pubg mobile at highest settings.". When I saw this meme now, it hit hard🤣🤣

56 minutes ago, Raina21 said:

I just bought a 70k pc(not gaming ofc, but you know, these import prices, covid situation and 18% gst on top of that cost). My 15 year old Neighbour came to my house, saw it and asked me if it was decent to play modern titles. I said yes, but when I told him the price, his reply was-" Kya ispe PUBG mobile chalegi". I told him no(wanted to see his reaction). His simple answer to that was-"phir kya gand le aaye, isse acha koi dhang ka phone le lete aur uspe max settings kakre khel lete"(what crap have you bought, you should have bought a mobile capable of running pubg mobile at highest settings.". When I saw this meme now, it hit hard🤣🤣

But why is ur profile pic set to "lauvre ka sarkar"?🤣🤣

It's meant to convey my feeling for my current rig- "Laude ka PC"🤣. Will check you IG out for sure.

5 minutes ago, Raina21 said:

It's meant to convey my feeling for my current rig- "Laude ka PC"🤣

By the way if the meme made you laugh, then you should check out my Instagram, I post pure made in India memes there (username- @soumyajit69420). 

I don't think kids are interested in esport titles these days. 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

47 minutes ago, williamcll said:

I don't think kids are interested in esport titles these days. 

*indian kids

im 16, most my classmates are hooked on to pubg mobile, but ive always loved PC and Console gaming (thanks to my cousin brother, or id have been infected by this microtransaction mobile gaming plague). i luckily have around 5 pc gamers as classmates, but the rest are FUCKING RETARDED. they play pubg and cod mobile most of the time. they buy every season's "royale pass" which is code for "give me your money for these gun stickers and lewd character clothes". they usually ask me for recommendations on what phones to buy, yadayada. their requirements are: "bhai, pubg chalna chahiye" (pubg must run smooth). what do i recommend? a asus zenfone max pro m1, which goes for about 10000 INR (120$) refurbished. 

a friend of mine "accidentally" bought 40$s worth of in game skins. his parents didnt give two shits either. enraged me lmao. i dont even buy skins for pc games, the entire concept is stupid imo.

😕

8 hours ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

*indian kids

im 16, most my classmates are hooked on to pubg mobile, but ive always loved PC and Console gaming (thanks to my cousin brother, or id have been infected by this microtransaction mobile gaming plague). i luckily have around 5 pc gamers as classmates, but the rest are FUCKING RETARDED. they play pubg and cod mobile most of the time. they buy every season's "royale pass" which is code for "give me your money for these gun stickers and lewd character clothes". they usually ask me for recommendations on what phones to buy, yadayada. their requirements are: "bhai, pubg chalna chahiye" (pubg must run smooth). what do i recommend? a asus zenfone max pro m1, which goes for about 10000 INR (120$) refurbished. 

a friend of mine "accidentally" bought 40$s worth of in game skins. his parents didnt give two shits either. enraged me lmao. i dont even buy skins for pc games, the entire concept is stupid imo.

I can feel it bro, mera bass ek classmate ko he PC building ke barrein mein pata hai aur uska laptop 512mb ram ka hai(bought in 2001 by his dad).(only one of my classmate knows anything about PC building and his own laptop has 512mb ram). My own PC is as much powerful as the 2nd PC in your potato farm (i3 3210, 4gb ddr3 1333mhz, Intel HD 2500, 120gb SSD, 500gb RAM) so to upgrade it I am saving every Rs I can I worked in a computer shop earned a Little (as much as a used gt710 costs)(but, chori hogaye, mummy ko kaamwali aunty pe shak hai), also studying hard(so I can impress my parents, to buy me a new PC after my class 10th results, now in class 9). And now I really hate chutiye like this.

10 hours ago, Pal_Palash said:

I am indian and my father wint even buy ram for 3.5 rupees and he is madman

Pehle toh bhosrike 3.5 Rs me RAM bech Kaun Raha hai?(nhi Bata mereko, saley

kadukan kharid lunga)(who is selling ram for RS. 3.5 I'll buy the entire stock)

Secondly mein AGR Tera baap hota toh mein yeh dekhne ke baad tujhe aur kuchbhi kharid ke nhi deta, bhosrike apne baap ko pagal bolta hai, sunn bhenchod pehle maa-baap ko  izzat Dena sikhogey toh duniya se izzat milegi, papa hai, woh nhi hotey toh tum paida he nhi hote. Isliye izzat do unko, a6i tarah se parhai-likhai Karo, RAM he, nhi pura PC kharidke denge(if I was your dad I won't buy you anything, you're calling your own dad mad, first learn to respect your parents, then other will respect you, if he wasn't there you wouldn't be even born, respect him, study well, he'll not only buy you RAM but a whole PC)

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

What kind of language is that?

He just angered the hell out of me😅😅😅 I'll censor it

Just now, Benji said:

I rather meant what language that is :D It certainly isn't English.

Hindi swearing

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Ah, okay. Doesn't Hindi have its own font type, though? Something that remotely reminds of Arabic font?

I dunno man, we use this in everyday chatting with friends, commenting on social media

Under 17, seems somewhere someone really fucked up. The company should be really really glad its not in my country cus then the company would have to pay back everything.
I also find the company that let a young child spend almost 20 000 dollars to be criminaly in breach of the law, and should be treated as such.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

8 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Under 17, seems somewhere someone really fucked up. The company should be really really glad its not in my country cus then the company would have to pay back everything.
I also find the company that let a young child spend almost 20 000 dollars to be criminaly in breach of the law, and should be treated as such.

how so? how would the company have to pay back the entire amount?

😕