What other forums do you guys use?

4 hours ago, Purple_Llama5 said:

lol... it seems not only does Linus Tech Tips have the greatest tech channel but also the greatest forum 

There's only 2 reasons I use the LTT forum, 1. It's mostly active, 2. It doesn't have an absolute asstastic forum layout for a tech site. The sheer volume of absolutely horrendous tech site layouts is unbelievable. The actual LTT YouTube channel I actually rather abhor.

4 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Has really good moderation (thanks mods ;) )

I'd disagree. The mods are super sensitive. They also made that Polemical change the format of his free game alert posts because they didn't have the product name in the title. Just where they were available, how much they otherwise cost, and available dates. Meanwhile the official LTT thread is full of pure misinformation and clickbait titles.

#Muricaparrotgang

45 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

There's only 2 reasons I use the LTT forum, 1. It's mostly active, 2. It doesn't have an absolute asstastic forum layout for a tech site. The sheer volume of absolutely horrendous tech site layouts is unbelievable. The actual LTT YouTube channel I actually rather abhor.

I'd disagree. The mods are super sensitive. They also made that Polemical change the format of his free game alert posts because they didn't have the product name in the title. Just where they were available, how much they otherwise cost, and available dates. Meanwhile the official LTT thread is full of pure misinformation and clickbait titles.

Meh it happens. I should have received an infraction today. Did not. The mods are pretty relaxed on people's actions here. 

Straightening out thread format could help Polemical more than hurt him however. I've passed a few of his posts because nothing in the title interested me to click it. Just because something is free or cheap, doesn't mean I should have to click the link to find out what he's talking about. 

To each their own I suppose. Good looking out for your fellow member though!!

7 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Meh it happens. I should have received an infraction today. Did not. The mods are pretty relaxed on people's actions here. 

Straightening out thread format could help Polemical more than hurt him however. I've passed a few of his posts because nothing in the title interested me to click it. Just because something is free or cheap, doesn't mean I should have to click the link to find out what he's talking about. 

To each their own I suppose. Good looking out for your fellow member though!!

His titles contain far more information than LTT's. Who can forget such classics as "Is AMD for poor people?"

I got a 3 day ban because I made a joke.

#Muricaparrotgang

Just now, JZStudios said:

His titles contain far more information than LTT's. Who can forget such classics as "Is AMD for poor people?"

I've seen Pole's posts. I know what you're talking about. I agree and disagree with you.

Mods/admin are people too. They have feelings. Piss one off well enough, you get a ban hammer. Such is life!

But can I ask what the joke was so I don't repeat your mistakes :P

46 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

For context I got a warning point for making a joke about Linus dropping his phone, intelligent people, and searching up aoc. These were all minor but because I trolled somebody a month ago I got a warning point. So the gist of the story was don't make jokes because it's unhelpful. Also apparently saying linus "usually he can't be bothered to share his words of wisdom to us as he drops his phone all the time" is criticizing him.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Gundar said:

For context I got a warning point for making a joke about Linus dropping his phone, intelligent people, and searching up aoc. These were all minor but because I trolled somebody a month ago I got a warning point. So the gist of the story was don't make jokes because it's unhelpful. Also apparently saying linus "usually he can't be bothered to share his words of wisdom to us as he drops his phone all the time" is criticizing him.

AW man, you can't make pokes at the "Boss man", you may be dealt with!! If you where to talk some smack about my team captain, I'd probably take it the wrong way too because I have a closer bond to him. (My team captain, not Linus I mean at our team forum). So I can see where you rubbed someone the wrong way.

And you gotta remember that Linus reads here to. He may have commanded your peepee get smacked off lol. That could have happened!! 

But seriously, I really try to stay on topic and direct with Tech answers before getting funny. I want to be sure people are getting helped first and that's why I personally enjoy coming here myself. I'd rather be a helpful member and catch an occasional infraction because I'm human. It's gonna happen. 

I feel bad for Linus sometimes. There's been plenty of trash talk about him, or the videos.... a big one is "bait clicking" as was mentioned.

Whom are we to criticize? Well opinionated. I think it just needs to be constructive rather than demeaning.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Thats kinda sad. Thats the reason I took a break from here. People now days are too "Sensitive". 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I don't think I can say it again. I might get a 6 day ban.

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Thats kinda sad. Thats the reason I took a break from here. People now days are too "Sensitive". 

I mean... to be somewhat fair it was kind of pushing the envelope, but it could've just been done by deleting the post and saying "Don't do that."

Then again this is a Canadian company, land of the comedian being fined $50k for making fun of a disabled kid because he thought his disease was life threatening. The only other forum I'm on is for a game, and it's very relaxed over there.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I don't think I can say it again. I might get a 6 day ban.

I mean... to be somewhat fair it was kind of pushing the envelope, but it could've just been done by deleting the post and saying "Don't do that."

Then again this is a Canadian company, land of the comedian being fined $50k for making fun of a disabled kid because he thought his disease was life threatening. The only other forum I'm on is for a game, and it's very relaxed over there.

Well why the heck not? You just laid a few sentences of backhanded comments 😂

Ok ok ok, we way off topic. No more there.

AMDForums

ROG Forums as well.

Have spent some time on SteamForums also.

Just the Toms hardware forum other than LTT's. And chess.com's as well, if you wanna include that.

15 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

read toms hardware 

do they reply?

9 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

do they reply?

No I only read it I don't post on it lol

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

17 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well why the heck not? You just laid a few sentences of backhanded comments 😂

I literally just got another warning for linking to a site a mod deemed to be pirating.

#Muricaparrotgang

In the past I have used a couple other forums, related to subjects that are not tech.

For various reasons I just seemed incompatible with those forums (not that I fit in here, but I try my best).

For tech, I just never felt the need to use another forum.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

16 minutes ago, minibois said:

(not that I fit in here, but I try my best).

Pwaha. We all can see through that bologna. Wouldn't be LTT without minibois!!

I came from Neowin.net  Loved that forum and used it for many years, then quit and really started reading just reddit. Just came here today actually looking for some headset info and really liked the way this forum layout was and the topics. Might stay a while