Was it worth my money to buy this prebuilt??

Go to solution Solved by Entropy.,
2 hours ago, graysenb said:

i just bought this pc

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-nitro-50-gaming-pc-black-red-intel-core-i5-9400f-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-geforce-gtx-1650/14433028

im not sure if it was worth it but i am in desperate need of a new gaming pc because my computer is slowly dying :/, when the computer ships im going to replace the gpu with my current GTX 1660 

i made this post because im not sure if i could have gotten a better deal or better hardware on this :)

You got ripped off. All the other parts beside the CPU, GPU, motherboard, and possibly the case are really not worth much at all, and if you aren't using the GPU, You just paid about $1000 for a CPU and Motherboard-perhaps a case as well.

i just bought this pc

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-nitro-50-gaming-pc-black-red-intel-core-i5-9400f-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-geforce-gtx-1650/14433028

im not sure if it was worth it but i am in desperate need of a new gaming pc because my computer is slowly dying :/, when the computer ships im going to replace the gpu with my current GTX 1660 

i made this post because im not sure if i could have gotten a better deal or better hardware on this :)

2 hours ago, graysenb said:

i just bought this pc

You got ripped off. All the other parts beside the CPU, GPU, motherboard, and possibly the case are really not worth much at all, and if you aren't using the GPU, You just paid about $1000 for a CPU and Motherboard-perhaps a case as well.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Sure there is always a better deal. I bought my ryzen 2600 at the end of last year, hardly used it, and now the 3300X is out. Do I feel stink? no. Because I am an adult and have shit to do. Same goes for cars and houses. Actually if you are worried about your PC purchase you will die when it comes time to buy a house.

Just now, foldingNoob said:

Sure there is always a better deal. I bought my ryzen 2600 at the end of last year, hardly used it, and now the 3300X is out. Do I feel stink? no. Because I am an adult and have shit to do. Same goes for cars and houses. Actually if you are worried about your PC purchase you will die when it comes time to buy a house.

im 15 :/

That GPU + CPU runs you about $500 CAD, they probably used a $75 bare mobo, $20 worth of ram, and a shit HDD. Since you're not using the GPU, you just payed about $1000 for a new CPU.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

5 minutes ago, graysenb said:

when the computer ships im going to replace the gpu with my current GTX 1660 

Considering you already have a PC, and a 1660. You could've built a new one with a ryzen 3600 and reused your other parts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Unfortunately, the specs are not great.  No SSD, only 8gb of ram, a weak processer and a meh graphics card.

If you were in Europe, anything bought online that is not made to order can be cancelled within 14 days.  I do not know whether the US has the same ability to cancel purchases.

If it does, take this opportunity to cancel it.  Then ask on here, in the Pre-built section.  i am sure that people can point you towards builders that will give you a LOT more bang for your buck.

If it’s not too late to cancel, cancel the order. Then you can post your current specs and people will help you upgrade what needs to be upgraded for a much better value.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

14 minutes ago, graysenb said:

i just bought this pc

Canadian here!

OH MY GOD I BEG YOU PLEASE RETURN IT. 

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

11 minutes ago, graysenb said:

im 15 :/

the perfect age to make mistakes.

Perhaps you should have consulted the forums before making that purchase...

Live and learn

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

5 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

OH MY GOD I BEG YOU PLEASE RETURN IT. 

oh yea do this if you can.

Nope, cancel or return that asap, you could even find a better prebuilt somewhere else, my first gaming grade pc was a $950 USD Asus prebuilt that came with an i7-3770k, and I used the cpu up until this year, an i5 at that price point is ridiculous. If you do want to buy a prebuilt, avoid "gaming" models, odds are that you will pay more for cosmetics, get a basic looking office model with a high end CPU and slap the 1660 in it and upgrade it as you go.