What was the first video game you ever played?

ViruZ_HUN

Ever since I could hold a controller. Born in 2001, played games in 2003/2004. Keep in mind, I wasn't good back then, and I'm still not good now.

I read the thread title wrong, but I started because I saw my brother playing games and it was really the only thing I could do.

edit gen 2 - can you stop changing the title please

Because I got a gamecube from my dad. Burnout 2 and topgun for the next 4 years... then I bought a craptop which I started minecraft, terraria, and ftl. Then I built desktop, now I play minecraft with 100+ mods at a time, tf2, jc2, hl2

this man needs to play some video games STAT

He's almost 60. He thinks all videogames are like brutal FPS blood and gore everywhere.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I really have no idea - I just gravitated towards it. I've been playing video games ever since I was 6 or 7 years old (born in 1991).

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I saw my dad playing Pokemon a lot on his Gameboy advanced and I got into it. For about 3-5 years in my life Pokemon was pretty much one of the only games I played. In fact all I played on pre-2012 was Nintendo Consoles

Life.exe is missing

Pokemon Diamond on my white Nintendo DS Lite. Hours upon hours of my life well wasted.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I started gaming on consoles when I was younger, N64, Playstation 1, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Gameboy's until one day I was given a Half-Life: Anthology disk in sometime around 2003 - 2005 as my mothers boyfriend bought an ATI Radeon graphics card (I assume) which came with a disk for Half-Life and it's mod's (counter-strike, etc). From there I was hooked to Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic and just about anything I could get my hands on. After a few years of hanging out with the same people in games we founded a clan where we dicked around and saved up as much money as possible to get our very own Ventrilo server, from there it sort of exploded and we kept hanging out for several years until many of us moved onto other games, lost contact and just generally matured and moved on with our adult lives.

Many of us got hooked on World of Warcraft and have yet to stop playing it but for me gaming was a way to interact with people who had similar interests and make friends, some of them I still have today and some of them I've lost contact with over the years but many of them touched my life in ways very few people have. We stayed up until 4AM having scout fights, playing the latest and greatest mod and exploring various new worlds. Gaming is a way to meet people, make friends and have fun while doing it.

what got me in to gaming was playing games with my older brother and having so much fun playing with him

but sadly he is at school so we can not play as often

and why cant there be more split screen games they used to be so common 

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

I'm not an FPS guy, but COD Black Ops 1's zombie mode was super awesome

PC specs: Sager NP8268, GTX880m w/ 8 GB DDR5 VM, i7-4810MQ 2.8/3.8 GHz, IC Diamond Thermal Compound, 16GB RAM at 1600 MHz 2x8, 256 GB Crucial M550 series mSATA3 SSD, 1TB 7200rpm HD, Killer Wireless, Bluetooth 4.0. Window 8.1 (Because W7 was more expensive)

Pokemon Emerald or Club Penguin

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Roller Coaster Tycoon that I got from a general mills cereal box xD. I played that game non-stop

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Pokemon Red. I still have the exact copy I had of my gameboy and pokemon red framed.

RIG:  CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Internal HDD SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card Case: Corsair 780T PSU: NZXT HALE82 850W 80+ Bronze Monitor: LG 34UM95-P Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Keyboard Mouse: Razer Taipan Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula Sound: Cyber Acoustics CA-3090, Corsair Vengeance 2100 :  1998.40 Euro

Super Mario Brothers 2.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Oni. Anyone? Noone? Okay :( Vigalante 8 that wierd playstation spy car game and driver. Awesome childhood.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Battlefield Heroes back in 09. What got me into PC gaming and technology

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64. But it really started with Morrowind and I've played RPGs more than anything else (and haven't played console games since playing on my brothers PS2/XBOX).

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

Well, I don't remember a time I didn't play a video game when I was able to and I got a console so I could play whenever I was allowed at 5. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Because I was sick of reality

Because he had a hard drive.

Go back to the mid 80s and I used it as an excuse to hang out with the older kids at the local corner shop, where 6 arcade machines were set up. At first I got hooked watching them and the slowly joined in on the fun. Ever since then, I've tried getting that same entertainment at home and I should add with great success with technology evolving to make it even better...