Cheaters hackers in online games pc

220VoltsallCore

Is  cheaters cant be stopped in pc games by game companies technically or they are just 

Lazy to do it

PUBG pc has many hackers its too annoying 

GTAO pc is also filled with troll cheaters killers. When i report . moders just boot me to story mode.

And many games have these problems

It's impossible to make a game unhackable. The amount of time and money required to patch every single security flaw or loophole is enormous. If you ever get interested in programming, you'll see just how difficult it would be to attempt something like that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I haven't played in two years, just got back into it. I used to mod, but I was nice modder. Giving people money, guns, RP, cars, etc. In the past two years, the only two menus I trust are long gone. I'm doing my research on a new one. But I mostly mod for myself because the economy in this game is wack. Modding in GTA is way more prevalent than in other games, to my knowledge. It has something to do with their shit tier anti cheat system. Most other games use something totally different that actually works. In those games, just about anything you do is detectable - meaning you get banned pretty quickly. But in GTA, the most detectable things are kicking players, crashing the session, and a few other griefer things. If/when GTA 6 comes out, I'm not quite sure what kind of anti cheat they'll use. But either way, it will likely be thwarted. Even console is moddable, just not as easily as PC and way more risky due to console lock/banning.

The best thing is to find a Discord server for players who want a peaceful session and who help eachother out with running goods and heists and stuff. I play to kill time in the real world, I could care less about the game itself anymore.

The only way to make games exceptional difficult to hack to the point of being near impossible is to have the games running an always online DRM. Like Diablo 3. The actually game engine and code is run of the servers and isnt client side, so theirs no client side game to hack.

its good for the developer and publisher, but crap for the consumer, as ur stuck with what is essentially an unmoddable game that cant be played offline, thus at the mercy of the dev/publisher to keep the servers online. if they one day decide to close down the servers, thats ur game gone.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

28 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I haven't played in two years, just got back into it. I used to mod, but I was nice modder. Giving people money, guns, RP, cars, etc. In the past two years, the only two menus I trust are long gone. I'm doing my research on a new one. But I mostly mod for myself because the economy in this game is wack. Modding in GTA is way more prevalent than in other games, to my knowledge. It has something to do with their shit tier anti cheat system. Most other games use something totally different that actually works. In those games, just about anything you do is detectable - meaning you get banned pretty quickly. But in GTA, the most detectable things are kicking players, crashing the session, and a few other griefer things. If/when GTA 6 comes out, I'm not quite sure what kind of anti cheat they'll use. But either way, it will likely be thwarted. Even console is moddable, just not as easily as PC and way more risky due to console lock/banning.

The best thing is to find a Discord server for players who want a peaceful session and who help eachother out with running goods and heists and stuff. I play to kill time in the real world, I could care less about the game itself anymore.

I like moders.

Unltil they use mods to troll kill me

33 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It's impossible to make a game unhackable. The amount of time and money required to patch every single security flaw or loophole is enormous. If you ever get interested in programming, you'll see just how difficult it would be to attempt something like that.

? So mega rich companies like Take Two Interactive putting in some effort to secure their applications is too much to ask? We're talking about a game that was released seven years ago, with a player base through the roof. So how much time & money are we talking about? What makes a video game application so much harder to secure than any other type of application? How is this a legitimate excuse for the hackers plaguing the PC versions of NBA 2K games for instance that are at worst a super rare occurrence in the console versions? The cheating in those games are so bad that its a reason in of itself for one not to buy them. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

12 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

? So mega rich companies like Take Two Interactive putting in some effort to secure their applications is too much to ask? We're talking about a game that was released seven years ago, with a player base through the roof. So how much time & money are we talking about? What makes a video game application so much harder to secure than any other type of application? How is this a legitimate excuse for the hackers plaguing the PC versions of NBA 2K games for instance that are at worst a super rare occurrence in the console versions? The cheating in those games are so bad that its a reason in of itself for one not to buy them. 

A lot of things that happen in video games, even online ones, rely heavily on client side things to happen. This means people take those client side things, modify them, and when they reach the main server, create chaos. It would take creating an entirely new game to implement a better system in the case of GTA.

7 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

A lot of things that happen in video games, even online ones, rely heavily on client side things to happen. This means people take those client side things, modify them, and when they reach the main server, create chaos. It would take creating an entirely new game to implement a better system in the case of GTA.

? Why don't they create a better system to begin with? Do these companies not learn from the experiences of other developers and the online games they make? Do they not have a "Dev Ops" crew whose primary responsibility is to make sure the application is as secure as possible, considering every single attack vector and vulnerability ever exploited, before ever releasing it to the production phase? Perhaps they should take the security of their applications more seriously and consider hiring a cyber security firm like we see in literally every other industry. They really, really should taking it more seriously, considering customers are using real money in these games, which means peoples banking information are connected to these games. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

8 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

? Why don't they create a better system to begin with? Do these companies not learn from the experiences of other developers and the online games they make? Do they not have a "Dev Ops" crew whose primary responsibility is to make sure the application is as secure as possible, considering every single attack vector and vulnerability ever exploited, before ever releasing it to the production phase? Perhaps they should take the security of their applications more seriously and consider hiring a cyber security firm like we see in literally every other industry. They really, really should taking it more seriously, considering customers are using real money in these games, which means peoples banking information are connected to these games. 

Short of hosting the entire game on remote servers, there's always going to be a way to mod. Plus, you can't account for every exploit and vulnerability as there will always be something someone misses and something someone else discovers.

1 hour ago, RapidTurtle said:

Is modding cant be stopped in pc games by game companies technically or they are just 

Lazy to do it

PUBG pc has many hackers its too annoying 

GTAO pc is also filled with troll modders. When i report . moders just boot me.

The mods are what makes PC a better platform. Did you know that Counter Strike and Garrys Mod started off as Half Mods? Now they are full fledged games. Modding is not the issue, the cheating is the issue. This is part of the reason why VAC exists on Steam and games and other anti cheat software exists. You get a VAC ban your banned from all VAC protected servers forever, no forgiveness given. Thats how it has to be. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Short of hosting the entire game on remote servers, there's always going to be a way to mod. Plus, you can't account for every exploit and vulnerability as there will always be something someone misses and something someone else discovers.

? I don't know, I still don't believe they are putting in the effort they are capable of. They can at least hire a cyber security firm or something. This excuse for sure doesn't fly with 2K Games. The PC version of NBA 2K should be as hacker free as the console version. What is there excuse? The amount of cheaters in NBA 2K18 was the main reason why I didn't bother buying version 19 & 20.  

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

2 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

What is there excuse?

Because on the PC you have deep level acess to all the files and shit. Thats why when the PC version of GTA San Andreas was released they figured out how to enable all of that code Rockstar left in, leading to the Hot Coffee mod. Once the games are installed on a PC you have compelte access to about everything. If the right person starts looking then things can happen. They really have no way of protecting aginst that, besides what was mentioned eariler. Doing some type of Always Online DRM that pretty much fucked over the customer. Like EA did for Sim City. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Because on the PC you have deep level acess to all the files and shit. Thats why when the PC version of GTA San Andreas was released they figured out how to enable all of that code Rockstar left in, leading to the Hot Coffee mod. Once the games are installed on a PC you have compelte access to about everything. If the right person starts looking then things can happen. They really have no way of protecting aginst that, besides what was mentioned eariler. Doing some type of Always Online DRM that pretty much fucked over the customer. Like EA did for Sim City. 

? So there is no possible way they can embed some type of data loss prevention type of code or hard code some type of access control list that blocks the customer from accessing those files concerned? Or is that what DRM is supposed to do in the first place?

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Just now, BlackManINC said:

So there is no possible way they can embed some type of data loss prevention type of code or hard code some type of access control list that blocks the customer from accessing those files concerned? Or is that what DRM is supposed to do in the first place?

Because DRM has stopped people from copying DVD's and Bluray movies. /s Pretty much when a company deploys draconian DRM eaither they piss off enough customers that they dont buy the game or it eventally gets cracked. Its not worth it for them. The best way they have is to detect the cheats in online games and ban those people. Like VAC does, perminate Bans with no forgiveness given. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Because DRM has stopped people from copying DVD's and Bluray movies. /s Pretty much when a company deploys draconian DRM eaither they piss off enough customers that they dont buy the game or it eventally gets cracked. Its not worth it for them. The best way they have is to detect the cheats in online games and ban those people. Like VAC does, perminate Bans with no forgiveness given. 

How are cheaters detected? Or does it just depends on who is reported? 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Just now, BlackManINC said:

How are cheaters detected? Or does it just depends on who is reported? 

Not sure. I just know it happens. With VAC Im farily sure it detects the cheaters and eventally they get banned. They dont ban right away, they make it seem like you came out scott free and boom your banned. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Not sure. I just know it happens. With VAC Im farily sure it detects the cheaters and eventally they get banned. They dont ban right away, they make it seem like you came out scott free and boom your banned. 

Well at least there is something out there developers can use. This needs to be in NBA 2K games asap. The cheating in those games are god awful, ruins the entire experience. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

15 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

This needs to be in NBA 2K games asap.

VAC is Valve Anti Cheat. Its only used an Valve Games. Devs have options to implement their own, but that costs money. Money they may not want to spend. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

VAC is Valve Anti Cheat. Its only used an Valve Games. Devs have options to implement their own, but that costs money. Money they may not want to spend. 

But I'm sure they can afford to implement it ten times over. Everything is about that bottom dollar, the greedy little cunts that they are. ?

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Most of these game use some form of anti-cheat, but there's always going to be an ongoing battle between those that create the anti-cheat programs and the hackers.

Also, most of these games actually profit from the cheaters as any that are banned will just repurchase the game on another account and carry on cheating.

4 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Most of these game use some form of anti-cheat, but there's always going to be an ongoing battle between those that create the anti-cheat programs and the hackers.

Also, most of these games actually profit from the cheaters as any that are banned will just repurchase the game on another account and carry on cheating.

yeah. i know a some freinds who repurchase gtao since they used modded money

On 3/3/2020 at 8:38 PM, Donut417 said:

The one CoD Black Ops game I have uses VAC.

I just stopped being online games unless they were co-op style, and I've been much happier.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

23 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

But I'm sure they can afford to implement it ten times over. Everything is about that bottom dollar, the greedy little cunts that they are. ?

1) You actually don't know that, you're just making stuff up.

2) Then don't buy the game. I'm tired of people acting like they're forced to buy stuff.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

38 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

1) You actually don't know that, you're just making stuff up.

2) Then don't buy the game. I'm tired of people acting like they're forced to buy stuff.

Haven't bought an NBA 2K game in years because of this. Yeah, I'm 100% certain that an anti-cheat algorithm would hardly make a dent in 2K Games budget, with their games being nothing more than virtual casinos under the guise of a "sports" game. I just wish more people would follow suit and stop using the lame ass excuse that they feel they have to buy it simply because its the only basketball game on the market. This is the type of excuse you'd hear from someone with an addiction, a crack addict or something, not from someone with a healthy mindset towards a hobby.  They whine like little wimps every year about how much the games suck, yet like true abused addicts, they keep coming back. This is why the gaming community gets the treatment it deserves. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

On 3/3/2020 at 8:07 PM, BlackManINC said:

? So there is no possible way they can embed some type of data loss prevention type of code or hard code some type of access control list that blocks the customer from accessing those files concerned? Or is that what DRM is supposed to do in the first place?

There are a bunch of things that can be done to make it more difficult, but nothing that can be done to make it impossible.

At the end of the day, most games run locally on users machines. So no matter how much effort you put into protecting the game from reverse engineering, at some point the game still has to function as the game, running locally, on the users machine.

It's a relatively trivial matter to run any given application, games included, in a virtual machine that logs all instructions and the entire memory state throughout running the application. Nothing can be done to side-step that, and if somehow you could prevent your game from running in a virtual machine, you can do the same thing on raw hardware.

Now, while reverse engineering complex systems like modern AAA games that way is overwhelmingly difficult in practice, reachable by only the most highly skilled of individuals, it's still possible, and so from the perspective of a business the amount of financial resources dedicated to DRM has to be weighed against the fact that, given a knowledgeable and determined attacker, all of the money spent implementing that DRM was pointless.

I guess it just falls back to the old saying: Cheaters gonna cheat.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME