[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

33 minutes ago, XemdeaX said:

i know its group regulated but since the voltages are rock solid i don't really care.

They're not, see crossload results.

33 minutes ago, XemdeaX said:

As for the UVP tests on XFX units - "platform based" doesn't mean identical

Sure, there may be some changes to FETs, caps but protection IC is the same and UVP is not an optional protection anyway, it's required by ATX spec, if it isn't there then it's Seasonic's fuckup, not that XFX opted out. And again, since it's a group reg you already shouldn't use it for modern PC anyway, whether it's actually good group reg or not.

34 minutes ago, XemdeaX said:

i've had a lot of BQ/Corsair (not SS based) and other top tier brands fail me or my friends/customers while SS units soldiered on.

Your anecdotal experience doesn't matter unless you have a sample size of hundred units or more, do you ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

I was just about to ask for an advice, for a new PSU and just got an Email that I have won a Enermax Revolution DF 850W… I don’t remember when I got so lucky last time :D

Guys. The gray label corsair vs550 is 2017 model product. Is this right?

9 minutes ago, f3turan said:

Guys. The gray label corsair vs550 is 2017 model product. Is this right?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Sudok said:

I ordered an adata core reactor 850w, I did well? 

you got shutdown at stock with the core reactor 850w?

PSUcultist (the people of this list) are looking into finding what units are sensetive to Amperes transiense

edit: also what 3080 model?

30 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

you got shutdown at stock with the core reactor 850w?

PSUcultist (the people of this list) are looking into finding what units are sensetive to Amperes transiense

edit: also what 3080 model?

Oh no, he used a 550w PSU and it was shutting down, so he ordered a Core Reactor 850w, and I think he is asking if it's good for the 3080. It's a little poorly worded so I'm not sure if he has the Core Reactor or not.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

1 minute ago, MrBrightSyde said:

Oh no, he used a 550w PSU and it was shutting down, so he ordered a Core Reactor 850w, and I think he is asking if it's good for the 3080. It's a little poorly worded so I'm not sure if he has the Core Reactor or not.

well then its down to what CPU he has and the old PSU model. 550w should be fine depending on the CPU config, especially in something like superposition. 

my bad not checking further back. 

1 minute ago, Sudok said:

sorry! ryzer 3600, 3080 tuf and bitfenix formula gold 550w

yeah makes sense the formula gold would trip due to lacking  PCIe rail amperage. 

idk what your local market it. core reactor is a neat PSU tho. 850w is a bit overkill tho. 

9 minutes ago, Sudok said:

I can still cancel the order, I paid 128.

alternative: enermax revolution d.f. 750w 113€ or 850w 129,50€, corsair rm 750w 115€, adata core reactor 750w 120€, sharkoon silentstorm 750w 103€ or 850w 122,90€.

second alternative: keep the bitfenix 😆 I don't know, really. With undervolt, in games, still no shutdown

What country are you in? What Amazon URL do shop at?

System

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Phanteks eclipse P400A

Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 TI Gaming X Trio

RAM: 16GB XPG D60G CL16 3200MHZ

PSU: Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W

Storage: Crucial P2 1TB

3 hours ago, Sudok said:

I can still cancel the order, I paid 128.

alternative: enermax revolution d.f. 750w 113€ or 850w 129,50€, corsair rm 750w 115€, adata core reactor 750w 120€, sharkoon silentstorm 750w 103€ or 850w 122,90€.

second alternative: keep the bitfenix 😆 I don't know, really. With undervolt, in games, still no shutdown

Having this as its own thread instead of part of this long running thread about the tier list would make it much easier to discuss. 

21 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

That's great!  I'm on the verge of ordering a RM850 or RM850x cos I don't want to wait for the PSU to arrive if my 650 CM V2 turns out to be tripping with a 3080, which I also have not gotten cos you know...there aren't any around.  RM850 price also just jumped a bit from yesterday, which is annoying... Would love to save the PSU money if I didn't have to spend of course.  In fact, it's risen so much it's almost the same price as a HX750.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

32 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

That's great!  I'm on the verge of ordering a RM850 or RM850x cos I don't want to wait for the PSU to arrive if my 650 CM V2 turns out to be tripping with a 3080, which I also have not gotten cos you know...there aren't any around.  RM850 price also just jumped a bit from yesterday, which is annoying... Would love to save the PSU money if I didn't have to spend of course.  In fact, it's risen so much it's almost the same price as a HX750.

RM850 or RM850x should be fine.  We've already tested RM750x and it was fine too.

13 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

RM850 or RM850x should be fine.  We've already tested RM750x and it was fine too.

I just purchased a Seasonic Focus GX 850w for my 3080 build, has it been tested whether or not this psu trips as well? Would it be better to grab the RM850x instead?

3 hours ago, nuko said:

I just purchased a Seasonic Focus GX 850w for my 3080 build, has it been tested whether or not this psu trips as well?

its one of the units that are suspected to trip due to the history of focus units with Vega. tho 850w will probably encounter no issues. 

3 hours ago, nuko said:

Would it be better to grab the RM850x instead?

would in general be a better pick, but is also tested to not trip. or something like an Enermax Revolution D.F

edit: but if you have allready ordered it. would be nice to have reports of the GX working. 

On 9/9/2020 at 9:17 PM, Juular said:

It's an error, no idea how it ended up in tier C, it's position is in tier B.

It would if we would have more info about it, all we have right now is an assumption, based on external shots that it's the same platform as Chieftec Polaris.

One more quesiton, How do you think about Cooler Master Elite V4? 

12 minutes ago, Gamuniter said:

One more quesiton, How do you think about Cooler Master Elite V4? 

I don't know, no reviews, but given that it's group regulated it wouldn't be higher than tier D.

I have a Seasonic S12II 520 Watts 80 plus bronze, AMD Athlon 200GE, Asus Prime A320M K, 8gb ddr4 2400 mhz Kingston, 1tb WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM, Generic Case and before yesterday i have this sound

This sound is appears with an tension stability with stabilizer show sounds. I never heard this sound, i use today when day and night yesterday i never heard the sound. I heard the sound when tension is stability at now what is night.

The sound is not continous is a bit moments when i use my computer in idle and full load, i never shuwdown my pc.

@siggames Loose mains cable perhaps, but this is definitely a matter for a separate thread, not dicsussion of PSU tier list thread...

@LukeSavenije

On 3/5/2020 at 7:02 AM, LukeSavenije said:

I'm not entirely sure if cm is replacing the older units with their new design when they come out... I'm try to keep people as updated as possible, but so far i don't have any green lights that the second revision is in production. 

On 3/5/2020 at 7:26 AM, LukeSavenije said:

again, if cm were to replace people's old versions with RMA, this wouldn't really be a problem

it's not groundbreaking

and ironically, that's exactly the thing they're removing in the coming revision

Hi Luke,

Any further updates on this from CM, regarding the MWE Bronze V2 high ripple issues? In particular, whether or not CM will RMA an affected unit for the fixed version?

Also, is there any way of distinguishing a Tier D from a Tier A version of the Antec EarthWatts EAG Pro? Can I safely assume if I am buying an AU version that it will be the Tier A?

Cheers.

On 10/3/2020 at 10:44 AM, nuko said:

I just purchased a Seasonic Focus GX 850w for my 3080 build, has it been tested whether or not this psu trips as well? Would it be better to grab the RM850x instead?

Nope. They fixed it ages ago.