[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

Does the CX650M fall under CX Gray - CS-m Gold on the psu tier list? If not, the CX750 and CX650 should right?

Also, does the Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 Full modular fall under Cooler Master | MWE Gold - Reactor Gold - V Gold 2018 <=650W on the list?

2 hours ago, Aresiel said:

Does the CX650M fall under CX Gray -

No.

not, the CX750 and CX650 should right?

Yes.

does the Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 Full modular fall under Cooler Master | MWE Gold

Yes ...

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

42 minutes ago, Juular said:

No.

Yes.

Yes ...

Alright, thank you.

I have a Powerspec 650BSM PSU and lost the modular cables for it. Does anyone have a pinout for this power supply or compatible manufacturer cords?

27 minutes ago, cypher50 said:

I have a Powerspec 650BSM PSU and lost the modular cables for it. Does anyone have a pinout for this power supply or compatible manufacturer cords?

That doesn't belong in this thread.

1 hour ago, grmaster said:

Im wandering if that affects its rating in the list..

No.

1 hour ago, grmaster said:

Also is Twister Bearing Fan something like magnetic levitation bearing?

More like rifle/hydraulic bearing with a magnet slapped on for some reason. 160k MTBF looks good enough tho.

Is there any actual problem or concern for Super Flower LEADEX V? or is it just lack of information/reviews?

1 hour ago, Voile said:

Is there any actual problem or concern for Super Flower LEADEX V? or is it just lack of information/reviews?

the latter

On 10/14/2020 at 5:36 AM, Elisis said:

Given the V2.52 version number, I would assume these are updated to meet ATX 2.52 demands, similar to RM 2019 vs. RMx.

How relevant is the difference between RM and RMx for end users?  I read the topic on it and I don't get the majority of it 😞

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1 minute ago, agentlaidlaw said:

i have a 3090 fe and i have my system hooked up to a sine wave ups, nothing else connected to it, and it has a real time wattage monitor. i've seen peaks of 670 watts for my entire systems draw. i don't think its responsive enough to catch those super fast transient spikes, but the fact it picks up peaks up to 670 watts i can completely believe transient spikes are pulling it up to over 700.

i have it paired up with a 10850k, but i enforce intel's stock reference for it. no more than 125 watts sustained on the P1. take out my 3090 fe, my entire system draws roughly 220 watts. that's pegging the 3090 fe at around 450ish watts at those 670 peaks.

so i can see people with 750 watt units having problems if the units have a very conservative ocp / opp setting. take my 10850k, leave it on auto settings, that thing will draw close to 200 watts in bf:v. take 450 watt spikes on a 3090 fe, 200 watts from the cpu, you're already at 650 watts before the other stuff in the system is added :/ and ignoring any super fast transient spikes on both the cpu and gpu.

which i may ask, do you know if it was the newer GX focus units or the older line? newer GX were post to have a higher tolerance for transient spikes. i also wonder how the newer prime gx / px / tx (2020 line) would handle it as well.

They just never said what it was.

But I did see one of the new Focus TX that was working.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

2 hours ago, Samfisher said:

How relevant is the difference between RM and RMx for end users?  I read the topic on it and I don't get the majority of it 😞

RM:

+ more efficient at low loads

- louder

RMx:

+ quieter

- in cable caps

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

RM:

- louder

RMx:

+ quieter

- in cable caps

Also the RM doesn't have all Japanese caps, the RMX does.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

33 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

Also the RM doesn't have all Japanese caps, the RMX does.

I was mainly noting what a consumer would notice here between them, there is a quality difference internally, but not a huge one

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I was mainly noting what a consumer would notice here between them, there is a quality difference internally, but not a huge one

Yeah, I know, was just pointing it out. 😀

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

RM:

- louder

- non-Japanese capacitors !

Edit: i'm a slowpoke duh

What model is my Seasonic S12II 520 watts 80 plus bronze, 5 years warranty, my label is blue not black and i havent logo of s in under cooler the psu, i have ss520gb in my two computers is the s12 with uvp problems or ss?

20201016_062025.jpg

20201016_062251.jpg

5 hours ago, siggames said:

What model is my Seasonic S12II 520 watts 80 plus bronze, 5 years warranty, my label is blue not black and i havent logo of s in under cooler the psu, i have ss520gb in my two computers is the s12 with uvp problems or ss?

SSR-GB Bronze is the platform name that Seasonic uses to refer to it for the retail version/possibly the internal platform name. this model in the list is noted as s12ii bronze x20, found in low priority tier D

edit: @Juular got mad and me and said I should call it something else

What does it mean when a PSU is in Tier D? I have a Cougar VTX700 (came with a pre-built) and it's in Tier D, so I'm wondering if it could potentially cause problems in the future.

So I have an Evga GS 850W which is about 4.5 years old and was wondering if I should RMA/Replace it. So while I was playing Red dead redemption 2 the PC kept turning off completely after 5-10 minutes and was getting kernel 41 power errors in event viewer. I would then have to unplug the PSU before it would turn back on so this seems like some sort of protection in work right? So basically I saw in a reddit thread someone say to keep x1/afterburner open as it manages power to the GPU more consistently than windows and the crashes have gone. So does my PSU still need replacing or should I just stick with it.  CPU is 3700x and GPU is 3080 FE.

9 hours ago, danial123123123 said:

no enlight silver?

They're only sold in Indonesia these days.

Shame really.  Used to be a huge brand.  Loved their cases.

3 hours ago, HasnaiinPC said:

Evga GS 850W

GPU is 3080 FE.

@LukeSavenije Time to add EVGA GS to the list. Yes, you need to replace it, as it doesn't work well with RTX3080 transients and it was meh PSU to start with. Wait a minute, 850W is Seasonic KM3 platform ... so it shutdowns too ?

What does it mean when a PSU is in Tier D?

Basically that means that unless you have a very cheap second-hand build or your CPU and GPU are very low-end (like APU / CPU with iGPU) then you shouldn't use it.

22 minutes ago, Juular said:

@LukeSavenije Time to add EVGA GS to the list. Yes, you need to replace it, as it doesn't work well with RTX3080 transients and it was meh PSU to start with. Wait a minute, 850W is Seasonic KM3 platform ... so it shutdowns too ?

I was only crashing in RDR2, tried COD, Metro Exodus ect no crashing at all. What's weird is that having Afterburner open fixed the issue for some reason.

My 

Antec VP700P still did not blow up! all voltage, FINE. 

So yeah. idk. im not NA in Europe so i use 230V ONLY (rofl)