Inevitable nationwide ban on vaping

steelo
Message added by Crunchy Dragon

Keep this thread civil or it will be locked.

Keep the Community Standards in mind.

4 minutes ago, steelo said:

LOL. Absolutely one can become addicted to junk food. That is a perfectly valid comparison.

Behavioral addiction isn't the the same as substance dependency. I am very much a video game edit but my body is not gonna be sick if I go a week without video games. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, -Kriss- said:

The thing that killed those teens were shady chinese thc cartridges. Vaping is definatley better than cigarettes, as the second hand smoke isnt nearly as bad as cigarettes (which should not be allowed in public)

Probably just lobbyism from tobbaco companies. Tbh

Well the tobacco companies owe the U.S. govt billions. When they're losing business to people vaping, that raises a red flag.

1 minute ago, wasab said:

Behavioral addiction isn't the the same as substance dependency. I am a very much video game edit but my body is not gonna be sick if I go a week without video games. 

Addiction is addiction my friend. I won't feel physically sick and break out into cold sweats if I stop vaping, but I am not going to be in a very good mood for about 2-3 days.

Just now, steelo said:

Addiction is addiction my friend. I won't feel sick if I stop vaping, but I am not going to be in a very good mood for about 2-3 days.

Haha. You almost sound like you can quit vaping/smoking as easily as quitting junk food and video games. If this is the reason, it begs the question why you choose to vape?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

Haha. You almost sound like you can quit vaping/smoking as easily as quitting junk food and video games. If this is the reason, it begs the question why you choose to vape?

Why do you play video games? 

I vape because frankly, I enjoy it...a lot more than when I was getting constant headaches and hacking up a lung while smoking cigarettes. 

Which begs the question, since cigarettes kill 400k people a year and fast food has caused an obesity epidemic in this country, are you for banning those as well?

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I'd say it's not as harmful as second hand smoke, but still not good for you. AFAIK some studies show that vape fumes contain carcinogens. 

yea ive seen some of those...some the carcinogens were whats in the air already. but ive seen some also do the equipment incorrectly...(example) overcooking the juice, basically burning it cause they constantly held the power to get more plume out of it. no one does that...and another is they cooked the element dry...(yes that will cause carcinogens)

and of course what juice they used...i wouldnt trust premade carts especially from china...those have been known to be risky because they are made cheap as hell. and final, flavoring, to me some flavoring shouldnt be used

again its a know what you use

5 minutes ago, circeseye said:

yea ive seen some of those...some the carcinogens were whats in the air already. but ive seen some also do the equipment incorrectly...(example) overcooking the juice, basically burning it cause they constantly held the power to get more plume out of it. no one does that...and another is they cooked the element dry...(yes that will cause carcinogens)

and of course what juice they used...i wouldnt trust premade carts especially from china...those have been known to be risky because they are made cheap as hell. and final, flavoring, to me some flavoring shouldnt be used

again its a know what you use

I've never gotten sick over a juice because I follow the rules and purchase my e-juices from a reputable source. Every single one of these vaping deaths were caused by improper mixtures of vit E and CBD. In other words, these folks didn't go to the vape shop on the corner to purchase their juice. They either produced them themselves or bought them from a second hand source.

4 minutes ago, steelo said:

Why do you video game? 

I vape because frankly, I enjoy it...a lot more than when I was getting constant headaches and hacking up a lung while smoking cigarettes.

Because of the fact it doesn't kill me from doing it, it kills boredom, and I can easily quit if I wish to? When I'm in school, I rarely play anymore. If I hang out with friends, I barely need video games for the purpose of entertainment at all. Can you say the same about your vaping habits? Can you choose to not have it for a prolong period? Can you easily substitute it with anything none addictive and none harmful? 

I doubt it. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Because of the fact it doesn't kill me from doing it, it kills boredom, and I can easily quit if I wish to? When I'm in school, I rarely play anymore. If I hang out with friends, I barely need video games for the purpose of entertainment at all  Can you say the same about your vaping habits? Can you choose to not have it for a prolong period? Can you easily substitute it with anything none addictive and harmful? 

I doubt it. 

Since the e-juice I'm using right at this moment does not contain nicotine, yes not doing it is certainly a viable option.

Just now, steelo said:

I've never gotten sick over a juice because I follow the rules and purchase my e-juices from a reputable source. Every single one of these deaths were caused by improper mixtures or because their juice was laced with vit E and CBD improperly.

ive actually had bad vape before...a shop used a certain sweetener that literally stayed in my lungs and it was like coughing up sugar.

1 minute ago, steelo said:

Since the e-juice I'm using right at this moment does not contain nicotine, yes not doing it is certainly a viable option.

If it doesn't contain nicotine, why is it called a vape? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

12 minutes ago, circeseye said:

ive actually had bad vape before...a shop used a certain sweetener that literally stayed in my lungs and it was like coughing up sugar.

Ugh...that sounds awful. Hope I never experience that.

I've smoked cheap cigarettes that felt much worse than vaping. Ever try pall malls? LOL

Just now, wasab said:

vapor I assume?

I started smoking cigarettes in high school, it was a dumb decision, I know that. Never got super bad but did notice some shortness of breath issues after the first year or so but I wasn't about to give it up just because I got winded faster while running. It got bad I'd wake up, cigarette. Off Campus lunch, two cigarettes. After school, 3 or 4 cigarettes, repeat. And that was my Junior year, Vaping became a thing about halfway through my senior year and a few friends that also smoked picked it up and said it made them feel better they didn't get winded and it tasted a hell of a lot better. So I picked it up, bought my first little cheapo kit and started out with 9mg nicotine, after a couple months I switched to 6 then 3 and then 0mg nicotine. I haven't had nicotine in years and have never had an ill feeling or side effect from vaping. It's not even flavored nicotine juice that these kids are getting sick and dying from if you actually read up and do research on the issue it's found that in all cases it's non-regulated, non-quality controlled THC Vape Cartridges or chinese non-approved juice that have non-dilutable oils in them. There have been no cases where actually tested and approved vape juice has caused these side effects, sicknesses, or death. It's your opinion if you don't like vaping but it DOES help people. Just because some stupid underage kids find a way to get bad THC cartridges usually the same way they get weed, and get sick from it doesn't mean that law abiding people that are of age and buy from reputable approved companies and just vape flavored nicotine or non-nicotine juice have to be punished as well. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

3 minutes ago, wasab said:

seriously? why do you think its called nic vape or weed vape and vape (for none nic)...vape is what is caused when heating pg or vg ...hense vapor

1 minute ago, circeseye said:

seriously? why do you think its called nic vape or weed vape and vape (for none nic)...vape is what is caused when heating pg or vg ...hense vapor

Idk. Thought it's just marketing brands. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I started smoking cigarettes in high school, it was a dumb decision, I know that. Never got super bad but did notice some shortness of breath issues after the first year or so but I wasn't about to give it up just because I got winded faster while running. It got bad I'd wake up, cigarette. Off Campus lunch, two cigarettes. After school, 3 or 4 cigarettes, repeat. And that was my Junior year, Vaping became a thing about halfway through my senior year and a few friends that also smoked picked it up and said it made them feel better they didn't get winded and it tasted a hell of a lot better. So I picked it up, bought my first little cheapo kit and started out with 9mg nicotine, after a couple months I switched to 6 then 3 and then 0mg nicotine. I haven't had nicotine in years and have never had an ill feeling or side effect from vaping. It's not even flavored nicotine juice that these kids are getting sick and dying from if you actually read up and do research on the issue it's found that in all cases it's non-regulated, non-quality controlled THC Vape Cartridges or chinese non-approved juice that have non-dilutable oils in them. There have been no cases where actually tested and approved vape juice has caused these side effects, sicknesses, or death. It's your opinion if you don't like vaping but it DOES help people. Just because some stupid underage kids find a way to get bad THC cartridges usually the same way they get weed, and get sick from it doesn't mean that law abiding people that are of age and buy from reputable approved companies and just vape flavored nicotine or non-nicotine juice have to be punished as well. 

I picked up smoking while serving in the Air Force. I remember waking up each and every morning with a migraine and coughing up brown and black mucus. Ever since I began vaping, I can now jog, bicycle without gasping for air.

Nobody is saying vaping is healthy, but it makes no sense to ban a healthier alternative to cigarettes.

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

Idk. Thought it's just marketing brands. 

I don't know to be honest, man. Never put much thought into it. I assume vapor

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

I picked up smoking while serving in the Air Force. I remember waking up each and every morning with a migraine and coughing up brown and black mucus. Ever since I began vaping, I can now jog, bicycle without gasping for air.

Nobody is saying vaping is healthy, but it makes no sense to ban a healthier alternative to cigarettes.

started smoking at 12, smoked for over 30 years could not quit..vape saved me. now i vape just cause im used to the act, not anything else. guess you can say addicted to puffing on something lol. but without the withdrawels ?

4 minutes ago, circeseye said:

started smoking at 12, smoked for over 30 years could not quit..vape saved me. now i vape just cause im used to the act, not anything else. guess you can say addicted to puffing on something lol. but without the withdrawels ?

And a lot of these people who vape are going to go right back to cigarettes...In this case, government intervention will probably do more harm than good.

But as long as the govt reaps the benefits of nicotine addiction by being able to collect those sweet-sweet tax dollars, it's a win to these politicians.

17 minutes ago, wasab said:

What happens when you heat up a liquid? It vaporizes.

I don't support the ban, if you use proper vapes and proper liquids it is much much safer than smoking.

All the problems to date (popcorn lung, and the deaths) were caused by sketchy liquids, but if you use proper ones it is safe enough.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 hours ago, jstudrawa said:

Regardless,you look like a total 100% tool when exhaling a cloud of "flavor".

That's scientific fact too.

Btw, did you finish your man cave yet?

All a matter of opinion I suppose. If you act like a complete douche while vaping, smoking, whatever, then yes you are a tool. I am very conscious while vaping in public as to not exhale near non-smokers.

Yes, the 'man-cave' or whatever you want to call it is finished. It's a tiny room, but I really enjoy it ?

3 hours ago, wasab said:

You CANT have freedom. There is no such thing in a civilized society. What you can have however is liberty and drug is NOT one of them because it ruins so many lives which affects everyone in an entire country. 

You do realize caffeine is an addictive drug that can be more harmful than nicotine, right? 

3 hours ago, Suika said:

Brands like Juul are the tobacco industry.

Actually, Juul are the ones who got the ball rolling lobbying against flavored e-juices. They quickly realized they would not be able to compete with brands that offered flavored juices and brought these 'childrens safety' concerns to the attention of some very powerful politicians. Now, it's backfiring on Juul as people are dying from sketchy e-juices being used with their product.

I can guarantee you, the tobacco executives and politicians are drooling dollar signs right now in anticipation of this nationwide ban.