[Rumor]Apple working on many things.

AlexOak
5 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Personally, I think ot more Apple-like to move away from both Intel and ARM, and develop a RISC-V architecture, perhaps even extending the ISA (it is open source, so Apple can do this, if they so desire) to suit their needs better.

It’s possible, but Apple can’t deploy that on a Mac like flipping a switch. And Apple doesn’t have the influence to release a MacBook and have developers follow behind it. The Mac doesn’t have anywhere near the same reach as the iPhone. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

29 minutes ago, Maticks said:

Steve said no one wants to reach across their keyboard to press a screen.

Steve has been wrong before.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

I wonder if they are confident enough in their own product that they ditch the "it got wet" excuse not to honor warranty?

They do that a lot. I’ve had two laptops go to ‘water damage’ without being near water.

I will only consider it if it's cheap

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

17 hours ago, BuckGup said:

I'd take a circular apple watch

That won't happen. Apple is as much a fashion statement as it is a technology company. If they changed the design to a circle, it'd be hard to tell the difference between other watches, and that's something apple would never do. 

1 hour ago, Stroal said:

That won't happen. Apple is as much a fashion statement as it is a technology company. If they changed the design to a circle, it'd be hard to tell the difference between other watches, and that's something apple would never do. 

I have a Xiaomi mechanical watch. Shaped like Apple Watch and without a single electronic component :D

18 hours ago, Rune said:

Honestly, thats one of the very few things stopping me from buying the watch. Still hanging onto my moto 360 because of it.

I wouldn't worry about that.  Ultimately a smartwatch is about delivering information, and that's better-served by a rectangular screen than a circular one.  That and enough people are wearing Apple Watches now that no one's going to think you'll look odd by wearing one.

20 hours ago, floofer said:

They do that a lot. I’ve had two laptops go to ‘water damage’ without being near water.

So it seems normal condensation is enough to trigger the test strip.

6 hours ago, Commodus said:

I wouldn't worry about that.  Ultimately a smartwatch is about delivering information, and that's better-served by a rectangular screen than a circular one.  That and enough people are wearing Apple Watches now that no one's going to think you'll look odd by wearing one.

So your opinion on what people will think of him is more important then his actual desire for a round watch? A square watch will never be round no matter how much information you can put on it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

So it seems normal condensation is enough to trigger the test strip.

I've been quite cross about it. Then again, the strip did trigger, and the laptop was damaged. What really can I do about it, but take it to another place that will say the same thing?

8 minutes ago, floofer said:

I've been quite cross about it. Then again, the strip did trigger, and the laptop was damaged. What really can I do about it, but take it to another place that will say the same thing?

The media, make sure people know it is happening, consumer affairs might also be able to help.   It's a sticky situation, but if you have anything like the ACCC over there then a complaint might make them investigate how many macbooks have been refused warranty under moisture trigger.  If the numbers are too high they will investigate what it takes to trigger the strip.  It's about the only way I can see to attain justice in this situation.

EDIt: A quick search shows that those strips get triggered by just changing environments.  When they refuse the warranty ask them to document exactly where the water damaged and show you a photo, the strip itself is not enough for them to refuse warranty, they have to actually show water damage.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

So your opinion on what people will think of him is more important then his actual desire for a round watch? A square watch will never be round no matter how much information you can put on it.

I just wouldn't sacrifice so much simply so that I could say my smartwatch was round.  Especially when the Moto 360 is years old at this point.  You're missing out on so much to get just a little.

On 8/23/2019 at 12:29 AM, DrMacintosh said:

The only thing I care about is the Mac. I have an iPhone 8 Plus and see no reason to upgrade in the near future as it does everything I want while doing so quickly and reliably. 

I'm interested in seeing what happens to the 15" MacBook Pro once the 16" mode comes out. I'd also like to see if any new components get put in it. We have seen Intel release it's new 14nm++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ chips, so I assume they will use those. But what I really want to see is if they do anything with the graphics. Perhaps AMD has a mobile Navi part that they have been keeping under wraps? 

I'm also hoping that they discontinue the existing 15" model so that I can pick one up for cheap(er). 

I just want the new keyboard to be honest... I am a developer and I've had many keys get stuck or register twice, leading me to almost breaking my desk because the build failed for some reason or I pushed the wrong image. The worst of it is, in Greece, they need 2 working days to replace the keyboard and I cannot afford to be without a computer for 2 full days. Once the new MacBook is out with the new keyboard I'll be the first to preorder.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

6 hours ago, FakezZ said:

just want the new keyboard to be honest..

From what I can tell, the 2019 models have fixed most of the keyboard issues. I follow the 3 Apple and Mac related subreddits and haven’t seen a single 2019 owner report an issue. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

36 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

From what I can tell, the 2019 models have fixed most of the keyboard issues. I follow the 3 Apple and Mac related subreddits and haven’t seen a single 2019 owner report an issue. 

They did? Because I read that Apple extended the free keyboard replacements for the 2019 models too and I've been very hesitant.

Just now, FakezZ said:

They did? Because I read that Apple extended the free keyboard replacements for the 2019 models too and I've been very hesitant.

Yes, but it's been speculated that doing that was a good faith move rather than an admission that they keyboard is going to break again. 

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yes, but it's been speculated that doing that was a good faith move rather than an admission that they keyboard is going to break again. 

Okay that is nice. However I am still not going to shell out 3k for the same keyboard design that has failed me and everyone I know that has the laptop. The rumors say that the 16 inch model will have scissor switches again and if so it's going to be a buy from me. Otherwise, I might just stick with the machine I have.

1 minute ago, FakezZ said:

The rumors say that the 16 inch model will have scissor switches again and if so it's going to be a buy from me. Otherwise, I might just stick with the machine I have.

While true, but just because Apple might announce the 16" model in on the 10th, it doesn't mean it will be available. Very likely that we will have to wait another month before its out. 

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

While true, but just because Apple might announce the 16" model in on the 10th, it doesn't mean it will be available. Very likely that we will have to wait another month before its out. 

Yeah I know, but I have been dealing with this keyboard for a year now, a few more months are not that bad :P

1 hour ago, FakezZ said:

Okay that is nice. However I am still not going to shell out 3k for the same keyboard design that has failed me and everyone I know that has the laptop. The rumors say that the 16 inch model will have scissor switches again and if so it's going to be a buy from me. Otherwise, I might just stick with the machine I have.

And this is why Apple is (reportedly) switching keyboards in a nutshell.  Even if the latest tweaks completely solved the problem, Apple let its butterfly keyboards develop a reputation as inherently unreliable.  The only way to shake that image quickly is to switch keyboards altogether.  From the sounds of it, though, Apple will also address complaints about tactile feedback and might go back to having some of the best laptop keyboards on the market.

6 minutes ago, Commodus said:

And this is why Apple is (reportedly) switching keyboards in a nutshell.  Even if the latest tweaks completely solved the problem, Apple let its butterfly keyboards develop a reputation as inherently unreliable.  The only way to shake that image quickly is to switch keyboards altogether.  From the sounds of it, though, Apple will also address complaints about tactile feedback and might go back to having some of the best laptop keyboards on the market.

Yeah I hope so. I mean I like the way the keyboard feels and types, but the fact that it is unreliable is a big issue. The travel and feedback are fine for me, but I just can't stand not being sure if a key press registers or not.

On 8/22/2019 at 4:20 PM, Froody129 said:

The iPhone S10

Probably gonna run you the same amount of money as a Chevrolet S10 :D

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!