Case badges/stickers: love or hate them?

-ism

Case badges/stickers: love or hate them?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use them?

• Hell yeah, rep those brands!
    • Hell no, they're ugly and distracting!

I hate to admit it but I do. It's an old Haf 912 so don't really care too much.  Might be getting a new case in the summer.

2up5w5z.jpg

Nothing to see here - move along.

On my new case (C70 military green) I dont have any. It could totally ruin the look of it. But there are some cases where I would put them like my old case being it had a door on the front so I could hide them behind that.

I had that case and I put the cpu and gpu on top and a win7 on the front lower-right

kfcc5Kc.jpg

I had that case and I put the cpu and gpu on top and a win7 on the front lower-right

kfcc5Kc.jpg

Yeah, I just don't like the look of that personally. Just the style of the case. But to each their own. I did think of engraving the Intel and nvidia logos into the side panel window, but I still have not done that.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

I don't since I think they look tacky. If I had an ultrabook or something like that then I'd put them on that if they looked cool.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I don't like them too much. I would hate to put a sticker on the front of my R4

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

its depends on the case 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Only two or three, and they need to not be obnoxious like the OCX SSD things but more like the Intel Nvidia and Samsung SSD logo.

Edit: They need to be hidden away too.

You're not even a Walrus D: WHAT IS THIS DECEIT!

also I don't put badges on my PC, I don't really know why O.o suppose I couldn't think of a place to put them that I would always like xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I used to. But they drop resell value so much. I might add them to my lan setup when I make it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Never used a case badge.

Apart from the case badge that was already on my case (cooler master)

I think some decals or a custom paint job with logos painted on would be cool.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I just use my AMD FX unlocked one because it goes pretty well with my red and black case design, and it is fairly small.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I put them on the back of my Haf XB

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I remember thinking adding case badges was the coolest thing in the world. Now, I wouldn't dare mess with nice clean look.

I used to I'm still trying to figure out a way to remove it without staining the metal

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Case badges are like neons for your 1995 civic. They're f***ing dumb.

Spoiler

To me it depends on where, and what case. Noctua sent me a metal case badge which I used to replace the Corsair one on the front of my C70. I think the colours look quite nice!

tumblr_n28qu393ej1rtfrioo1_1280.jpg

I was waiting for a whole month to put the intel case badge on my SG09, and I f*cked it up... it was by no means aligned to the case. I tried to do it again, but the adhesive wore off....

Depends on the brand for me and if the case really needs it.

If they look clean then I'm down.  I have a few on he right side of my haf 932 and I think it looks great.

I have them hidden behind the front door of my R4 on one of the 5.25" bay covers.

Same here. Don't have to look at them all the time but they are still there to show off.

I must say, I am rather pleased with the results in this thread. Stickers/badges for the most part look extremely tacky on anything. Depending on what you put them on the adhesive can ruin the finish.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I don't. For the magnetic badges I collect them like scout badges haha. Put them in a safe place and hoard'em like postage stamps.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I believe they look tacky. I put them on the back of my iPhone.

Says the guy with a Clarkson picture and an iPhone LOL.

But in all seriousness yes, I put them on. Gotta represent 'yo

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

I'm in the habit of using case badges, Asus RoG has some very nice case badges. I particularly like the chrome-like RoG logo and 'Republic of Gamers' which I'd stuck to my recently acquired M8. I'd also used the Intel 'Extreme' CPU badge along with a Sapphire badge. I'm looking for one more small RoG badge to add to it, and that'd be the last one......don't want to clutter things up. Below is a pic of the RoG case badge which I'd stuck on the center of the case...

Capture_zpsf22736dd.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2