Gamer Fought ISIS For Six Months With Skills He Got From 'CoD'

d4n1Xd34th

Gamer Fought ISIS For Six Months With Skills He Got From 'CoD 

A bit more than Competitive Pew Pew

Thoughts?

Btw Feel free to join me! I am going on a intergalactic exploration tour after learning survival tips from No Man's Sky! And I also play a lot of GTA V

Source: http://www.ladbible.com/community/news-gamer-fought-isis-for-six-months-with-skills-he-got-from-cod-20180223?c=1519415218351%3Fsource%3Dgamingbible&fbclid=IwAR2voAbq_S8GTM5-Ao5gPNIJ7B5hOpiHqrXVFtcl53toHj01X6O-DDaNZFQ

old as hell news story.

guy is a tool and sets a dangerous notion for impressionable kids that playing shooters will allow you to go and fight in a real war. pretty irresponsible.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

He is pretty lucky he didn't get shot in the head by SVD fire from rooftop. ?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Right, CoD, the game where your health regenerates in a matter of seconds and enemies patiently run through scripted motions so you can shoot them more easily, just like in real life.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I personally believe :

"Kid who thought he knew shit from COD was taught valuable lessons by the Kurdish armed forces, but wants to credit his survival to COD for a sweeter report to media"

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

"Video games prepared me in a way for knowing strategies and how not to get killed, like how to use cover and not to stand in the open," he said.

This is what he learned?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Unreal. Don't do this at home kids!

Motherboard: MSI B450m Mortar Max

Processor: Ryzen 7 2700 w/ Wraith Prism

RAM: Klev Cras X 3200mhz 8gb x2

GPU:  Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070ti 8GB

PSU: Seasonic GX-750

Case: Inplay Robin 101 + 10 fans w/ hub and remote

Storage: Toshiba 1TB, Western Digital WD Green 1TB, Crucial BX500 480GB

(x) doubt

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

8 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I personally believe :

"Kid who thought he knew shit from COD was taught valuable lessons by the Kurdish armed forces, but wants to credit his survival to COD for a sweeter report to media"

Also he got lucky despite his really stupid decision.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I suck at first person shooter but good at tactical strategy game like company of heroes 2. This means im totally all set to be a 5 star generals and command armies!

Sudo make me a sandwich 

20 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I personally believe :

Accuracy 10/10.

Standard military training? nobody cares.

a video game made someone a real soldier? omg endless praising and media coverage.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I'm good at Need for Speed.  Guess I should become a getaway driver then. 

Of course. You can replicate 2 fast 2 furious! 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I'm good at Need for Speed.  Guess I should become a getaway driver then. 

Someone who played a lot of Gran Turismo did land an actual racing career: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2014/apr/07/video-gaming-jann-mardenborough-motor-racing

I can't find the article but someone else who plays one of those racing sim games at the championship level also got a chance to try the real thing and he did surprisingly well despite having no experience outside of games. The only thing that kept him from completing a full race was he didn't have the physical fitness to do so (not that he was obese or anything, but it does take a high level of physical fitness to be able to throw a car around like that)

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

still need someone to pilot the extraction craft. who here has got some time on Flight Simulator?

Me! Specially with my HOTAS controller xD

2 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Someone who played a lot of Gran Turismo did land an actual racing career: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2014/apr/07/video-gaming-jann-mardenborough-motor-racing

I can't find the article but someone else who plays one of those racing sim games at the championship also got a chance to try the real thing and he did surprisingly well despite having no experience outside of games. The only thing that kept him from completing a full race was he didn't have the physical fitness to do so (not that he was obese or anything, but it does take a high level of physical fitness to be able to throw a car around like that)

It's not like there are no skills that translate between games and irl activities like racing - you do gain stuff like better reflexes and cool headed decision making. And in the case of a car you have some idea of when you probably should be braking compared to someone who never drove a car and hasn't played a racing game. I'm pretty good at laser tag and I definitely think playing games had something to do with that.

Still, that doesn't mean it's a substitute for actual training or practice doing the real thing. The guy in the article was probably reasonably fit to begin with and got trained by the Kurdish - his game experience might have helped a little at the beginning but it was hardly enough on its own.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 hours ago, Arika S said:

old as hell news story.

guy is a tool and sets a dangerous notion for impressionable kids that playing shooters will allow you to go and fight in a real war. pretty irresponsible.

I’m 100% sure the army also taught him a thing or two before deployment.

13 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

This is what he learned?

Most of that is common sense.

4 minutes ago, floofer said:

I’m 100% sure the army also taught him a thing or two before deployment.

If he got deployed at all, he would have had to learn a bit more than a thing or two while passing BCT.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

21 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I can't find the article but someone else who plays one of those racing sim games at the championship level also got a chance to try the real thing and he did surprisingly well despite having no experience outside of games. The only thing that kept him from completing a full race was he didn't have the physical fitness to do so (not that he was obese or anything, but it does take a high level of physical fitness to be able to throw a car around like that)

Yeah, people who play a ton of sim racing games usually will already have the necessary skills prepped and primed. 

Although they would still need training to complete the transition from virtual sim racing to real racing. GT Academy did that. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1