AirPower is dead

DrMacintosh
1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Well it also won Apple compensation is court so.....

Ahh, so your saying because apple won compensation over a design patent against one manufacturer that that is evidence they developed the smartphone as we know it?     How to swallow marketing,  hook line and sinker 101.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, Drak3 said:

That doesn't mean much.

Well it means that is was a good enough argument to satisfy an interpretation of the law. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

That doesn't mean much.

It means a US company won compensation over a foreign company in a US court.   Surprise surprise.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

Ahh, so your saying because apple won compensation over a design patent against one manufacturer that that is evidence they developed the smartphone as we know it?

Yes. That design language was copied to hell and back and sold by other manufactures only after apple released the iPhone. Nobody else was doing what Apple was before the iPhone. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, mr moose said:

It means a US company won compensation over a foreign company in a US court.   Surprise surprise.

I believe Samsung also had the decision repealed, and only the US court sided with then patent troll Apple.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

Yes. That design language was copied to hell and back and sold by other manufactures only after apple released the iPhone. Nobody else was doing what Apple was before the iPhone. 

What are you trying to argue now?  That a rectangle phone is what?

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

That a rectangle phone is what?

That the rectangle phone was pioneered by Apple as they were the first ones to do it right. It's not a big argument, but it's one that people refuse to acknowledge despite how insignificant it is. 

Nobody is saying Samsung and others shouldn't be able to sell their own rectangle phones, I'm just saying that Apple did the rectangle phone first and innovated that design. 

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Fixed that for you.

No, aimed at.  There's an important distinction.  Web browsing on pre-iPhone smartphones was generally terrible.  Media playback was generally even worse -- I remember when people would carry an MP3 player alongside their phone because they couldn't stand trying to load and play music on the phone itself.  And yes, the interface was aimed at regular users, because it revolved around actions that were intuitive for people who'd never used a smartphone before.  I used a few of those pre-iPhone interfaces, and... oh gawd.  I could wrap my head around them as a tech enthusiast, but they really weren't meant for Jane and Joe Q. Public.

Tell me, do you really think the smartphone market would have developed the way it did otherwise?  Google's focus on Android was originally a BlackBerry-style design; it shifted focus to touch after (you guessed it) the iPhone; we'd probably have been waiting considerably longer for a truly accessible touchscreen smartphone.

That the rectangle phone was pioneered by Apple as they were the first ones to do it right. It's not a big argument, but it's one that people refuse to acknowledge despite how insignificant it is. 

Nobody is saying Samsung and others shouldn't be able to sell their own rectangle phones, I'm just saying that Apple did the rectangle phone first and innovated that design. 

I literally laughed so hard when I read that my son came in to see if I was OK.

Lots of rectangle phones before and after iphone.  As I said right back at the beginning and I say in every other thread on the topic, smartphones slowly evolved to what they are today,  if apple didn't release thee iphone someone else would have released something about the same.   Apple's great contribution to smartphones was not the hardware but the marketing that made them popular to the masses.

5 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Tell me, do you really think the smartphone market would have developed the way it did otherwise?  Google's focus on Android was originally a BlackBerry-style design; it shifted focus to touch after (you guessed it) the iPhone

Of course! Don't you know that @mr moose believes Apple contributed absolutely nothing to smartphones. Don't you know that had Apple not come around and released the iPhone, that smartphones would be roughly the same? 

It's not as if every time Apple implements a unique feature or design language that all the major players attempt to do the same or better. Nah, that defiantly has never happened because nothing Apple does is unique or industry leading or innovative. It's all derivative. 

5 minutes ago, mr moose said:

As I said right back at the beginning and I say in every other thread on the topic, smartphones slowly evolved to what they are today,  if apple didn't release thee iphone someone else would have released something about the same.   Apple's great contribution to smartphones was not the hardware but the marketing that made them popular to the masses.

/s

1 minute ago, Commodus said:

Tell me, do you really think the smartphone market would have developed the way it did otherwise? 

Yes, absolutely,  look at the history of phones, in fact if you look at the way technology evolves across all fields, you can see that no one company or inventor has ever redefined anything single handedly.  There were plenty of phones similar to the iphone before the iphone, and there were plenty of keyboard style phones after.  All this means is that the rectangle touch screen smartphone is an evolution of design across time and manufacturers.  And as I said before my opinion is that apples contribution to the smart phone of today was making it popular.

7 minutes ago, mr moose said:

What's funny is that in his cherry picked load of bull, multiple of the 'before the iPhone phones' look like the 2009 Samsung Galaxy.

And the LG Prada predates the iPhone.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Of course! Don't you know that @mr moose believes Apple contributed absolutely nothing to smartphones. Don't you know that had Apple not come around and released the iPhone, that smartphones would be roughly the same? 

It's not as if every time Apple implements a unique feature or design language that all the major players attempt to do the same or better. Nah, that defiantly has never happened because nothing Apple does is unique or industry leading. 

/s

I think you need to stop reading the marketing material and just have a look at the history of technology.   All technology.

Just now, mr moose said:

I think you need to stop reading the marketing material and just have a look at the history of technology.   All technology.

If I do that, I see bricks that evolved slowly into discombobulated pieces of junk with buttons and keyboards, then I see the iPhone released in 2007, and then I see a bunch of clones afterwards. 

If I do that, I see bricks that evolved slowly into discombobulated pieces of junk with buttons and keyboards, then I see the iPhone released in 2007, and then I see a bunch of clones afterwards. 

Then you're only looking at the marketing material. 

I see a bunch of clones afterwards. 

Clones of the Prada, which includes the iPhone.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

infographic1.thumb.jpg.295c60a666baa7c3dfe2200d24c62b43.jpg

Look. cherry picked images to prove a point. ?

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Then you're only looking at the marketing material. 

Well unless you have industry trends and designs pointing to the "marketing material" not being indicative of the reality of the industry as it existed then....... show it to me. 

Because if I just look back to 2011 all I can see are companies imitating everything Apple does. It's not a big leap in logic to make the assumption that that trend continued back in 2007 through to the present. I'm not looking at marketing, I'm looking at actual products. 

I'm not looking at marketing, I'm looking at actual products

Evidently not.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, mr moose said:

infographic1.thumb.jpg.295c60a666baa7c3dfe2200d24c62b43.jpg

Look. cherry picked images to prove a point. ?

I don't think you know what cherry picking it. What you did there was lie. 

That's not selectively picking, that's fabrication. 

Well unless you have industry trends and designs pointing to the "marketing material" not being indicative of the reality of the industry as it existed then....... show it to me. 

Because if I just look back to 2011 all I can see are companies imitating everything Apple does. It's not a big leap in logic to make the assumption that that trend continued back in 2007 through to the present. I'm not looking at marketing, I'm looking at actual products. 

You know you can find pictures and articles on this all over the internet right?  You don't need a peer reviewed article to see what phones looked like or had as features over the last 40 years.  

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

You know you can find pictures and articles on this all over the internet right?  You don't need a peer reviewed article to see what phones looked like or had as features over the last 40 years.  

To believe you, I do need to see a peer reviewed article. Because if a court ruling wasn't enough to settle the argument that major players in the smartphone industry copied Apple's design language then I don't know what is. 

Major claims require major evidence. Your claim that Apple has only popularized the smartphone is a major claim and I expect you to defend it. 

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I don't think you know what cherry picking it. What you did there was lie. 

That's not selectively picking, that's fabrication. 

Nope, I looked those up specifically,  had them on my NAS from a debate exactly the same from years ago.  All the phones one the right were released after the iPhone and all the phones on the left were released before. 

Your claim that Apple has only popularized the smartphone is a major claim and I expect you to defend it. 

LG Prada.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

32 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Wow, yeah thats hilarious, people think a company can copyright a rectangular shaped phone with a button in a certain placement? That is just how well Apple's marketing works LOL.

Edited by Blademaster91