my schools pc (massive overkill)

aidenrelkoff

My school uses Pentium 4's with 512MB RAM and Windows XP and 15" CRT Monitors from Samsung. Seems to be more than enough. They even study Photoshop on those things :P

I wish my school hade half-way decent computers

some of them take over 10 minutes just to log in!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

your school must be rich and dumb

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I would start stealing some parts! :o

I'm kidding :P

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Crap, my school uses pentium 4 and gt 210 with random amounts of ram

mine runs pentium 3's with no discrete gpu

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

At my school we have core 6 labs x 30 computers with i7 3770s with GTX 660Tis. 32GB RAM  and 120GB SSDs. Our storage server has 24 x 4TB HDDs in RAID 6 and multiple fibre links to each building. Our WiFi is 802.11AC 1700Mbps too. But our internet is 4 x 10Mbps ADSL connections :(  , though, just when the lunch bell rings and everybody logs off, you can get 35 - 40 Mbps down and 4 up! (Which for Cairns, QLD, Australia is really good!)

Intel Core i7 3930k @ Stock    Corsair H80i    Zalman z11 Plus    16GB Corsair Memory     nVidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB     nVidia GeForce GTX 650Ti (PhysX, was a spare card)

Samsung 840 Series 120GB   Corsair Force 3 60GB    2 X 1TB WD Black    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit / Mac OSX 10.8.3

Keyboard: Razar Black Widow Ultimate 2013    Mouse: Razar Deathadder 2013    Monitor(s): 2x BenQ GW2250 + LG Flatron E2211 + Generic GVA Aux Display / TV Speakers: Logitech z506 + 300w Sub

My school has some of the worst crap out there. The server is slow as damn, but they recently upgraded the internet. Now they have 100/100 or 150/150. They installed a program called "Zenworks" on their PC's and that program make it litterally take between 30-50 minutes (depending, if you get a teacher PC, it's "only" 30 minutes). Their specs are different, but the best i've seen was an i3 and 2 gigs of RAM. The CPU's are all outdated, but they can run word with 4-5 FPS. Their way of spending money is the worst ever seen.

My rig: i5 3570k 3.4 GHz, XFX Radeon HD 7950, 8GB 1600MHz Kingston RAM, ASUS P8B75-M, Cooler Master K350, 500GB WD, 550w XFX PSU.

Peripherals: ASUS full HD VE228DE, Razer Taipan, Logitech K200 keyboard (not the best, lol), Wireless PS3 stereo headset (very nice sound).

486 DX4 100mhz for CAD, WINDOWS NT,... the machines from when I was a younger lad...and at the time... Overkill as the normal PC's elsewhere were 486 33mhz and 66mhz

So long ago... a bloody long timeline from then until now....so many technological achievements watching PC's grow over the last 20 years!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

We have f**king 50 year old computers and u guys have this??  :o We get lagg if the internet and Word are opened at the same time  :lol:

I wish my school hade half-way decent computers

some of them take over 10 minutes just to log in!

We sat a whole lesson just trying to log in to the accounts, partly cuz of the internet....

Hi, I guess you just read this C:

My high school's digital art room and the engineering rooms all have 7850s and i7s. Only 4gb of ram though. Half of the desks in the digital art room have two monitors and all of them in the engineering room do. 

Every other computer in the school is complete garbage though. Some have P3s still lol. Ironically enough, it's the junk computers that have Windows 7 whereas the ones with decent hardware have Windows XP still lol.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

My high school's digital art room and the engineering rooms all have 7850s and i7s. Only 4gb of ram though. Half of the desks in the digital art room have two monitors and all of them in the engineering room do. 

Every other computer in the school is complete garbage though. Some have P3s still lol. Ironically enough, it's the junk computers that have Windows 7 whereas the ones with decent hardware have Windows XP still lol.

It's like they wanted to make the computers get a bit better by upgrading to windows 7 on everything except the server which is like 30 computers....

Our school only has MacBooks with 4gb ram and dual core i5. ;(

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

our School runs pentiums 2x2,2Ghz up to 2x3,1Ghz With onboard graphics

Wow those are some beast computers. My school runs mainly APUs (seems quite sensible to me) and a few FX series processors. Not an intel in the building :P

Pilates

PCs at school are really easy to open, i would just open 2 of them and pull them out, switch the monitor cables to iGPU and give the GPUs to friends.

Comb it with a brick

PCs at school are really easy to open, i would just open 2 of them and pull them out, switch the monitor cables to iGPU and give the GPUs to friends.

U said wut, Ours don't even have a GPU they use the IGPU

That's a whole lot better than my school's computers... My school's desktops have a dual core Athlon, 2gb of RAM, and some horrible integrated graphics. They're so bad that when our teacher told us to edit videos with Movie Maker, the entire system would constantly freeze every ~10 minutes, and it caused some people to lose their videos. Sadly, the laptops that take 5 minutes to boot are more powerful.

Also, lots of people complain they can't login. I found one of the causes of this, and that is pressing the button on the laptops that disables wireless.

This almost made me cry when comparing it to what my school has, 

My School runs a range of PC, depending on the department from Pentium 4 HT's to i3 3220's 

(P4 HT, C2D, C2Q, AMD Sempron, Phenom, Athlons, and recently the i3 3220's)

They all run of iGPU's and range from 1280MB DDR2 (667MHz) up to 4GB DDR3 (1066 - 1333MHz)

The schools server is just as pathetic, 

Processor - ? (Probably a gen 1 Xeon)

Ram         - 2-4GB DDR (maybe 2 or 3 if pushing it)

and the icing on the cake, the school houses around 1500 students and about 200 teachers, so all storage on the server has to be shared. Each student gets just 50MB and teachers around 100MB. The last time I checked, the server had only 1 1TB Hard drive to share space for everyone (not including redundancies) 

Also, the Windows 7 experience is cut down, noting fancy such as snap or areo, just bog-o-slandered. 

EDIT: We do have fiber, but its so slow its stupid. In speeds we just beat 10/100 speeds ;)  

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Our PC's can't even run Dota 2 and Garry's mod  :mellow:

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

This almost made me cry when comparing it to what my school has, 

My School runs a range of PC, depending on the department from Pentium 4 HT's to i3 3220's 

(P4 HT, C2D, C2Q, AMD Sempron, Phenom, Athlons, and recently the i3 3220's)

They all run of iGPU's and range from 1280MB DDR2 (667MHz) up to 4GB DDR3 (1066 - 1333MHz)

The schools server is just as pathetic, 

Processor - ? (Probably a gen 1 Xeon)

Ram         - 2-4GB DDR (maybe 2 or 3 if pushing it)

and the icing on the cake, the school houses around 1500 students and about 200 teachers, so all storage on the server has to be shared. Each student gets just 50MB and teachers around 100MB. The last time I checked, the server had only 1 1TB Hard drive to share space for everyone (not including redundancies) 

Also, the Windows 7 experience is cut down, noting fancy such as snap or areo, just bog-o-slandered. 

EDIT: We do have fiber, but its so slow its stupid. In speeds we just beat 10/100 speeds ;)  

:o i get 1.2tbs PER student... xD and another 4tbs per systems LAWL

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Students might as well be gaming on those machines. Steal one of those 650 Tis when no one's watching :P

Seriously! Bro Send some over :)