my schools pc (massive overkill)

aidenrelkoff

But do they run Crysis?

They can't run Minecraft, so I don't even think it will be close.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Do those machines not also get used for photo and video editing, or any other resource heavy activity?

I have to say, I'd love to work in a school like that. Unfortunately for me, the current school I work at does not understand the importance of a good IT infrastructure and as such we're always expected to implement some new system that never works as well as it should, due to the fact we're always expected to buy the cheapest, most basic crap available. Management want us to set up a wireless network so people can bring and connect their own devices in the next school year, I'm just anticipating the inevitable shit storm when the network starts running like crap.

So yeah aidenrelkoff, if you can just hand in my CV to your school's HR department. It doesn't matter if you live in a different country as me, I can emigrate :D

holy crap, 260 posts xD

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

holy balls, what do you do in the class is it designing or something?

so for a while now i have been talking about my schools pcs, and well here is a pic proving that my school has boss pcs ;)

attachicon.gifschoolpc.png

So what do you all thing, is this overkill?

EDIT: i forgot to mention, that we have a 24" and a 17.6" monitor per seat :P

EDIT: for all those that dident believe me:

[attachment=29894:Bosseness.jpg

meanwhile in australia running celerons with 2gbram and a 2mbps internet connection...

meanwhile in australia running celerons with 2gbram and a 2mbps internet connection...

lol we get 56 down and 89 up with a ISP ping of 4ms

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Well, you know where your money is going now at least, buying pointlessly expensive PCs for basic usages.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I go to a public school so they only give me Crayons and recycled newspaper for my "PowerPoints"

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

So here is the plan. You go out and buy a sandy bridge i3 and swap it out with that 3770. Nobody will notice.

Oh yeah because nobody is going to see him opening the case and replacing it xD

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Or a netbook with a cramped keyboard.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

i7 is not overkill i guess B) they do need that kinda power if they decide to edit some video or render something etc.. if it were multiple xeons, i would've dropped down! :o

overexcited ninja :ph34r:

Details separate people.

Vancouver School Board got a bunch of funding a while ago I think, I think they have Dell machines with SNB i5s (i5-2400?) and like, 4GB RAM. 

Massively overkill still. Before they were powered by a bunch of shitty celerons running XP.

• 4 months later...

My secondary school had athlon 64x2 with nvidia integrated graphics and the funny thing is in my music college we had i5 macs . My college have 775 LGA computers can't remember exact specs

Steve

They were probably like "We want these PCs to be future proof and last 5 years! Let's get the top of the line parts now instead of waiting for more powerful stuff to get cheaper!"

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

My school has some rly old RM computers that use win7 never bothered looking at specs. However they upgraded most of the pc's in the ICT department (still run old square screen because yolo) with I5's (4440S i think smthing like that) and igpu, quite a bit better than most of pc's around the school that are bigger but worse

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

At my highschool we play halo in he computer rooms (a lot of the pcs have halo on them and idk why) I loved going to the computer lab.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

last year, our school had "good enough" pc's with a mid power i5, 8 gigs of ram, gtx 640's, but this year... they downgraded to OLD core 2 duo's, 250 mb of ram, and the absolute worst looking cases you can get. :(

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

the fuck dude my desktop at home aint even this good icri

my school runs imacs tho :P and theyre fairly new as well so i cant complain, i love osx

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

sounds like a facebook machine... my school last year had i7-900 somethings, 8 gigs of ram, and I think a GT 610....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

My school is updating to i5's.

They already have iMacs

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

I think the smaller monitors were from the last computers they had so that makes it a little less ridicules. Still pretty overkill for a school but at least they will last for a long time. 

Middle school still used Pentium 3's for making designs to cut into wood in Man tech class.

High school uses garbage Core 2 Duos but in any technology classrooms they have i7s yet Radeon 6350???

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless