Why is fortnite killing them self

Hypoxz

Why is fortnite killing them self it’s dying cuz they add trash..... I don’t get this

Fortnite can’t kill itself because it is not sentient

and considering how bad the game is, I wonder if the developers are sentient either

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The last couple of patches have been kinda decent, but honestly, Epic is just desperate at this point. Look at today's patch notes, they are literally everything the community has been asking for for the past 6 months. Hell, they are even giving away next seasons battle pass for free to make sure that people don't quit Fortnite for Apex. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

BR games generally don't seem to have a very long lifespan compared to other competitive multiplayer games.

Remember DayZ? It was so huge for a year or so. Then PUBG came along and wiped the floor with it. Then in a year or less (or so it seems to me) PUBG became the distant 2nd place to Fortnite. Now Fortnite is loosing steam as well. 

It's just the way things go when you have only one real game mode and little variation in how they're played.

EDIT: Every CoD/Battlefield game seems to be actively played for at least 1-2 years, and would've probably had a longer lifespan if Activision/EA got their heads out of their behinds and actually worked on making each game good instead of just mass producing them every year. LoL and Hearthstone still going strong. Counter-Strike too.

All these games got a lot of variation in how you can play, including things like singleplayer campaigns, many different heroes to choose from, games vs bots, etc.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

2 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

Remember DayZ? It was so huge for a year or so. Then PUBG came along and wiped the floor with it.

iirc, there was a battle royal dayZ mod, and the developer of that mod (PlayerUnknown) went off and turned it into a real game on its own (h1z1) and then became pubg

not sure if I’m right, but I think that’s what I was told a while back

45 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

iirc, there was a battle royal dayZ mod, and the developer of that mod (PlayerUnknown) went off and turned it into a real game on its own (h1z1) and then became pubg

not sure if I’m right, but I think that’s what I was told a while back

I think it was an Arma3 mod, and not DayZ. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

1 minute ago, Giganthrax said:

Oh oof. Either way lmao

We live in a world of ADD.  No gaming companies can hold people's attention for longer than a few months... This is not really a new thing. That's why COD and Halo always had to release new games every few years even though the gameplay was almost the same or stuff they could have changed with simple downloadable content.  

26 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

I thought arma 2-arma 3- h1z1- PUBG

40 minutes ago, Beerbuddy said:

We live in a world of ADD.  No gaming companies can hold people's attention for longer than a few months... This is not really a new thing. That's why COD and Halo always had to release new games every few years even though the gameplay was almost the same or stuff they could have changed with simple downloadable content.  

Agreed, everyone wants the latest and the greatest. I also don't blame them for that behavior. Games today don't have the quality they used to have.

I do miss the days where released games were finished products and didn't require 6 month or more to patch it to an acceptable level.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

>Implying the Battle Royale genre itself isn't trash

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

2 hours ago, Terryv said:

Agreed, everyone wants the latest and the greatest. I also don't blame them for that behavior. Games today don't have the quality they used to have.

I do miss the days where released games were finished products and didn't require 6 month or more to patch it to an acceptable level.

Yeah I agree, people get bored of games fast because it takes so long for the publisher to patch the game. I just don't buy many games anymore since it sucks to pay $60 for a game then have to wait for it to be enjoyable with the content you paid for in the first place.

7 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Most battle royale games are way overhyped, the only one I've had fun with is Apex Legends.

im enjoying fortnite but what is annoying is how they add new stuff in every week i would love some time to get used to the new update but then as soon as im getting used to it A NEW UPDATE it kinda pisses me off but what is good is that apex legends is a new game so not everyone is a pro like fortnite and bo4 is good aswell coz with apex legends and bo4 you can find scopes for guns where fortnite u find guns and that is how they are for the whole game.

2 hours ago, aezakmi said:

Nah, those games are pretty fun and intense. You don't have to be a fan of BRs (I'm not) to see that.

I'm more annoyed by how trendy it has become to hate on BR. Adult people thinking they're awesome because they make fun of children who enjoy Fortnite. Ugh.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

7 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The last couple of patches have been kinda decent, but honestly, Epic is just desperate at this point. Look at today's patch notes, they are literally everything the community has been asking for for the past 6 months. Hell, they are even giving away next seasons battle pass for free to make sure that people don't quit Fortnite for Apex. 

They way I look at it is they were expecting at least 6 more months maybe a year of crazy cash from fortnite to roll them smoothly into the epic store for the long term, and that's been cut a little bit. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Good, hopefully they continue and it takes their stupid store down with it...

3 hours ago, aezakmi said:

Well angry joe sums every one up pretty much

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

13 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Well angry joe sums every one up pretty much

weird flex but ok

I just don't like BRs because of cheaters and toxic playerbases I mean the games seem fun but where's the fun on getting oneshotted by a cheater on the other side of the map.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

3 hours ago, aezakmi said:

weird flex but ok

I just don't like BRs because of cheaters and toxic playerbases I mean the games seem fun but where's the fun on getting oneshotted by a cheater on the other side of the map.

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you