Electronic Arts Stocks SOARS After Apex Legends Launch Success

YoloSwag

I think we need to be mindful that right now, there aren't any institutional analysts who actually know gaming well. That is to say, these investment analysts don't understand the process of game design, development, and maintenance go hand-in-hand with monetization.

46 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

I'm not even a fan of BR in general, yet I've tried all and most are straight up trash. But this game blows others out of the water in every way for free. 

Though I disagree with those statements, weapons work great, they can always adjust numbers anyway. Depends on enemy armor and head multipliers. But it just got released too, some games keep broken shit for years. Also what do you mean worst BR map, it's literally the best one yet, adds verticallity and variety. For game movement feels really good. Servers had issues at times so that's maybe why there was rubber banding. 

Not adding anything new to BR is also bot true, it really adds and improves upon what others failed. It's and fps game not 3. person bs for start. Map is not some plain field. Movement is an actual thing, inventory management is so better. Ping system is amazing. 

Also abilities, was my first concer with the game. Luckily they are there to add flavor and slight edge at times, but are not OP shit like OW at all. You said it your self that you don't know if it's successful there, they're not even comparable. In OW it's more like moba fights in fps form. In Apex everyone still have same HP movement speed and need to know how to aim. 

I hate the movement in this game the most, not the jumps or slide, but the way it looks at distance when you aim an enemy it feels like it jumps all over the place breaking your aiming all the time i despise it, im too used to PUBG where you cant do crazy movements and i know if i expose myself i will get some hits/kills on the enemy. 

I hate the map, somehow pubg with its simple maps/buildings is soo much better at hiding and fights in towns or flanking, Apex  is way too small and wasnt designed well for fights and flanking.

Weapons dont have enough precision or punching, chars are too tanky, way too tanky, the firerate is too high on most guns i have to reload every 3-4 seconds and i cant hit more than 20% of the bullets ever enemy chars just feel like they are skipping, this game needs a severe reduction in movement speed, and maybe 60hz tickrate with the server, also higher damage for shotguns and close combat, snipers also are impossible to hit at medium distance due to the hectic movement.

There is just a few elements that are really bad in this game and i cant put my finger on them exactly it just doesnt feel right.

Maybe its not right for me but i play so well in other shooters its this one i cant adapt to, mostly the fast movement and inability to hit anything make me feel like i never played FPS games in my life.

EDIT: now that i reread that i think the bullet travel is also one of the main issues, coupled with fast char movement it just doesnt work right.

Its a decent game, I only played a part of 1 round so far (our group is still enjoying owning BR on Ring of Elysium until that's no fun we will move to this game) and it was good graphics, etc etc.  Can see our group migrating to this game soon.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

28 minutes ago, yian88 said:

I hate the movement in this game the most, not the jumps or slide, but the way it looks at distance when you aim an enemy it feels like it jumps all over the place breaking your aiming all the time i despise it, im too used to PUBG where you cant do crazy movements and i know if i expose myself i will get some hits/kills on the enemy. 

I hate the map, somehow pubg with its simple maps/buildings is soo much better at hiding and fights in towns or flanking, Apex  is way too small and wasnt designed well for fights and flanking.

Weapons dont have enough precision or punching, chars are too tanky, way too tanky, the firerate is too high on most guns i have to reload every 3-4 seconds and i cant hit more than 20% of the bullets ever enemy chars just feel like they are skipping, this game needs a severe reduction in movement speed, and maybe 60hz tickrate with the server, also higher damage for shotguns and close combat, snipers also are impossible to hit at medium distance due to the hectic movement.

There is just a few elements that are really bad in this game and i cant put my finger on them exactly it just doesnt feel right.

Maybe its not right for me but i play so well in other shooters its this one i cant adapt to, mostly the fast movement and inability to hit anything make me feel like i never played FPS games in my life.

EDIT: now that i reread that i think the bullet travel is also one of the main issues, coupled with fast char movement it just doesnt work right.

Looking enemy at distance looks like they jump all over the place? That must be network related though, if they skip forward like micro teleports and such. But yeah people are a faster so you definitely need to cope with that. You need to work for the kill too if enemy is heavily stacked. In pubg the map layout is way simpler though, to add everyone move slow and are in third person. Too much walking and hiding, not enough action. In Apex it's constant momentum. Map is not way to small in Apex there are 60 players for it. I really don't see why you think it's not designed well it was praised by everyone too, fights happen way more often than in pubg and flanking you can definitely do more. Maybe you played with noob randoms that play solo and not as team. I've flanked many houses couple of times at just one fight, even some smaller areas we were circling around and fighting chipping enemy slowly. 

Weapons are mostly fine, they're precise more than enough as stock, you can gather many attachments. Stacked players will be tanky yes it's for a reason, not just mouseovering someone and the person dies which is just lame. Though it seems to be you lack in aim, because I don't miss nearly as much and if you look even good streamers you will see they play fine. You can unload a full mag into someone and if they're stacked well of course it won't kill them. It's not made easy like I said. Why would they reduce movement speed?! No it works great. Shotguns are already the strongest close combat dude.

Snipers depends on distance, scope and all, there's a bullet drop too. You need to compensate. It's not like in CS:GO so. That would be way to OP on BR game, everyone would just snipe easily. 

It seems you mainly played slow games like pubg and such so far so this feels off to you. Network issues aside. I've tried all BR games and this is the only one I can see my self playing with friends actively. Everything how currently is in the game is for a reason though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Level desing of Apex Legends is like they used a real level designer not like PUBG , I love pubg and the slow pace action , but Apex Legends is made by people loving their jobs and you can feel like "old games" there's still bugs but not like we used to nowadays

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

32 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

You can unload a full mag into someone and if they're stacked well of course it won't kill them. It's not made easy like I said. Why would they reduce movement speed?! No it works great. Shotguns are already the strongest close combat dude.

Snipers depends on distance, scope and all, there's a bullet drop too

Unloading a full mag into someone and hes not dead shows how broken it is, there isnt a single FPS game i remember playing that unloading and hitting half mag of decent weapons didnt kill the enemy even if he had good gear.

High,hectic movement speed coupled with high armor+ low dmg bullets just doesnt work for me, all my enemies get away and i waste 2-3 mags to get 1 thats not within a few meters, its just not right too much chase around. I agree PUBG is too much hiding and corner peeking third person sucks.

I do like PUBG mobile a little more than PC on the noise part its much easier to hear your enemy and that way even campers cant hide too long every movement or reload or item usage can be heard much better and you can figure out its position easily.

Anyway if i were to boil it down as i said i dont like the chase and wasting 2-3 mags on 1 enemy. Sniper rifles arent worth it since in average i need 4-5 shots to down someone thats just ridiculous not to mention the movement makes sniping pointless too much miss, headshots are out of question on moving targets, all games i ever played snipers need 1-2 shots even with armor, thats how it should be otherwise its not rewarding or efficient playing sniper.

Bullet drop is fine it reduces long range camping although i find the bullet drop a bit high at medium range, after all Apex has high power supersonic bullets and advanced sci-fi weapons but the drop feels like 19 century rifles.

When i flank people or catch them offguard i just cant kill them they get away too easy.

18 minutes ago, yian88 said:

Unloading a full mag into someone and hes not dead shows how broken it is, there isnt a single FPS game i remember playing that unloading and hitting half mag of decent weapons didnt kill the enemy even if he had good gear.

High,hectic movement speed coupled with high armor+ low dmg bullets just doesnt work for me, all my enemies get away and i waste 2-3 mags to get 1 thats not within a few meters, its just not right too much chase around. I agree PUBG is too much hiding and corner peeking third person sucks.

I do like PUBG mobile a little more than PC on the noise part its much easier to hear your enemy and that way even campers cant hide too long every movement or reload or item usage can be heard much better and you can figure out its position easily.

Anyway if i were to boil it down as i said i dont like the chase and wasting 2-3 mags on 1 enemy. Sniper rifles arent worth it since in average i need 4-5 shots to down someone thats just ridiculous not to mention the movement makes sniping pointless too much miss, headshots are out of question on moving targets, all games i ever played snipers need 1-2 shots even with armor, thats how it should be otherwise its not rewarding or efficient playing sniper.

Bullet drop is fine it reduces long range camping although i find the bullet drop a bit high at medium range, after all Apex has high power supersonic bullets and advanced sci-fi weapons but the drop feels like 19 century rifles.

When i flank people or catch them offguard i just cant kill them they get away too easy.

How can it be broken, when you are can be the same as him? It's not like enemy has ton of armor and you have none, like some class system. You also need to aim for headshots for increased damage. There isn't a single game where it takes more than few bullets to kill an enemy with good gear? Arena shooters maybe. Crysis 3 with armor suite had similar feel. There are others too. 

You can move at the same speed as others, everyone have same weapon choices and armor. Just few bullets on someone you saw passing by and killing them would be terrible, no skill in that. 

So you don't like putting effort into killing a player? But more random few bullets for a kill? Snipers are worth are certain time, like I said 1shotting would be terrible for this game with snipers. They can do fuck ton of damage, you need to aim well and for the head. I literally 1shot people with a well placed shot. Obviously moving target is harder to hit, that's the point. Also, bullet drop and travel time. You're not playing CoD dude. The armor in those military games works completely different. But those games play completely differently too. What do you mean it's not rewarding, at some points your only way to deal damage will be a sniper for your team. Apex has bullet drop and travel and all that and is not arcade like like CoD for example that's why.

If you flank people and catch them off guard and can't kill, chase if it's a good idea, depends how much damage you inflicted, are other enemies around. Depends what weapon you had. I killed entire squad few times, once with shotgun, once with HMG weapon. At times you need to know when to engage, when to bait, when to be aggressive. 

I mean what can I tell you. Practice more if you will, I can see your lack of experience in fps games, it shows. Maybe you don't have patience and want instant gratifications kills with few bullets. Lower your sensitivity to try to aim better. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

Looking enemy at distance looks like they jump all over the place? That must be network related though, if they skip forward like micro teleports and such. But yeah people are a faster so you definitely need to cope with that. You need to work for the kill too if enemy is heavily stacked. In pubg the map layout is way simpler though, to add everyone move slow and are in third person. Too much walking and hiding, not enough action. In Apex it's constant momentum. Map is not way to small in Apex there are 60 players for it. I really don't see why you think it's not designed well it was praised by everyone too, fights happen way more often than in pubg and flanking you can definitely do more. Maybe you played with noob randoms that play solo and not as team. I've flanked many houses couple of times at just one fight, even some smaller areas we were circling around and fighting chipping enemy slowly. 

Weapons are mostly fine, they're precise more than enough as stock, you can gather many attachments. Stacked players will be tanky yes it's for a reason, not just mouseovering someone and the person dies which is just lame. Though it seems to be you lack in aim, because I don't miss nearly as much and if you look even good streamers you will see they play fine. You can unload a full mag into someone and if they're stacked well of course it won't kill them. It's not made easy like I said. Why would they reduce movement speed?! No it works great. Shotguns are already the strongest close combat dude.

Snipers depends on distance, scope and all, there's a bullet drop too. You need to compensate. It's not like in CS:GO so. That would be way to OP on BR game, everyone would just snipe easily. 

It seems you mainly played slow games like pubg and such so far so this feels off to you. Network issues aside. I've tried all BR games and this is the only one I can see my self playing with friends actively. Everything how currently is in the game is for a reason though.

Yeah they said that it feels like overwatch to them which they don't like to it makes me think that they aren't great at aiming when people's movement isn't slow and predictable like it is in pubg and csgo. The game is diffrent and not everyone will like it. I personally don't like fortnite because of its building mechanic but that doesn't make it a bad game just not my type of game. I think there are alot of people shitting on this game just because it isn't their personal preference and not that the game is actually bad. 

8 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah they said that it feels like overwatch to them which they don't like to it makes me think that they aren't great at aiming when people's movement isn't slow and predictable like it is in pubg and csgo. The game is diffrent and not everyone will like it. I personally don't like fortnite because of its building mechanic but that doesn't make it a bad game just not my type of game. I think there are alot of people shitting on this game just because it isn't their personal preference and not that the game is actually bad. 

I mean any noob that knows OW only as their first fps game will say anything with abilities is OW clone, which is such a joke. And in OW you move even slower. In CS:GO you need to know how each weapon works too. As for fortnite I don't like the game in general, though building thing added a layer of something to learn and to know how to counter, but that's about it. It's also a third person game. 

As for Apex though, I don't even think some shit on it due to personal preference only but even due to it works completely different and they're not used to it. Or don't care to learn maybe.

2 weeks later..
*Anthem released*
EA stock take another plunge. 

I like Apex Legend though, pretty fun although FPS is not my thing. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, Doobeedoo said:

I mean any noob that knows OW only as their first fps game will say anything with abilities is OW clone, which is such a joke. And in OW you move even slower. In CS:GO you need to know how each weapon works too. As for fortnite I don't like the game in general, though building thing added a layer of something to learn and to know how to counter, but that's about it. It's also a third person game. 

As for Apex though, I don't even think some shit on it due to personal preference only but even due to it works completely different and they're not used to it. Or don't care to learn maybe.

The thing about overwatch is that you have to be able to aim against enemies that make fast movements. Not everyone moves fast but when you have dva, Winston, genji, tracer, doomfist, wreckingball, phara that have things on their kit that allow for fast movement it does require you to know how to aim against fast moving targets. Also movement is much more varied so it's alot about being good at aiming at all sorts of movement patterns. Csgo from my experience is more about knowing how to take advantage of sightlines and holding corners. Weapon recoil and spread also come way more into play for csgo. Two very diffrent games and two very diffrent playstyles. But yeah overwatch isn't really a fps and the difference isn't as simple as you have abilities. I mean you have a guy with a big sheild and a hammer and a money with a tesla gun. I wish people wouldn't call games trash just because it isn't what they like. Many of the complaints I have heard are about mechanics in the game that people don't like but aren't inherently bad mechanics but just diffrent. 

14 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

2 weeks later..
*Anthem released*
EA stock take another plunge. 

I like Apex Legend though, pretty fun although FPS is not my thing. 

Have people played anthem yet? I am unsure why everyone is saying it is going to be bad. I am actually looking forward to play the game. 

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Have people played anthem yet? I am unsure why everyone is saying it is going to be bad. I am actually looking forward to play the game. 

No idea, my youtube feed and recommendation is filled with anthem negativity and even when i click not interested it got replace with another anthem bashing video. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

No idea, my youtube feed and recommendation is filled with anthem negativity and even when i click not interested it got replace with another anthem bashing video. 

I feel like people think the game is going to be another EA money grab and so they are going to call it bad right out the gate. 

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

The thing about overwatch is that you have to be able to aim against enemies that make fast movements. Not everyone moves fast but when you have dva, Winston, genji, tracer, doomfist, wreckingball, phara that have things on their kit that allow for fast movement it does require you to know how to aim against fast moving targets. Also movement is much more varied so it's alot about being good at aiming at all sorts of movement patterns. Csgo from my experience is more about knowing how to take advantage of sightlines and holding corners. Weapon recoil and spread also come way more into play for csgo. Two very diffrent games and two very diffrent playstyles. But yeah overwatch isn't really a fps and the difference isn't as simple as you have abilities. I mean you have a guy with a big sheild and a hammer and a money with a tesla gun. I wish people wouldn't call games trash just because it isn't what they like. Many of the complaints I have heard are about mechanics in the game that people don't like but aren't inherently bad mechanics but just diffrent. 

Yeah OW feels much more like moba in fps form with how much characters differ and abilities. Abilities are quite strong or should I say ults can be OP as teams spam abilities to get ults to engage with them and all that. In OW hitboxes are very large too, some characters are smaller even less HP but still have hitbox larger than you'd think. Also there are only few aim/snipe like hotscan characters. Movement wise, OW to me is quite slow though, Apex and such is faster, though I'm used to playing Quake Champions where you're numerous times faster all the time though. xD

56 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah OW feels much more like moba in fps form with how much characters differ and abilities. Abilities are quite strong or should I say ults can be OP as teams spam abilities to get ults to engage with them and all that. In OW hitboxes are very large too, some characters are smaller even less HP but still have hitbox larger than you'd think. Also there are only few aim/snipe like hotscan characters. Movement wise, OW to me is quite slow though, Apex and such is faster, though I'm used to playing Quake Champions where you're numerous times faster all the time though. xD

What's funny to me is that Apex is... well, not super-realistic, but on the sunny side of realistic.  Characters run at about 26MPH without a weapon armed, which is certainly fast but not as quick as real-world runners like Usain Bolt.  In games like Quake Champions, you're traveling as quickly as a car.

8 minutes ago, Commodus said:

What's funny to me is that Apex is... well, not super-realistic, but on the sunny side of realistic.  Characters run at about 26MPH without a weapon armed, which is certainly fast but not as quick as real-world runners like Usain Bolt.  In games like Quake Champions, you're traveling as quickly as a car.

You can move faster than Bolt at times though xD. Oh yeah in QC you can move faster than a rocket with boosts XD

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

Honestly all other game differences aside, there is 1 thing this game doesnt have and thats atmosphere and the feeling of rush at start and end like PUBG, both PUBG PC and mobile are amazing. At start you can jump in one of the more popular areas of the maps where good gear is and rush to gear and kill everyone you can and at the end the rush is amazing even after all this time my heart is pumping trying to pay attention or when you have to watch for the bushes at the end simply best feeling no other BR replicated so far which is why im stuck in PUBG.

Also players in Apex dont play very well togheter i had to mute voice chat due to too many (fornite kids prolly) screaming in my ears and being useless, in PUBG i only hear mature vocies in apex is only kids like those youtube videos you see about console toxic voicce chat kids.

Im going to pass this game it doesnt have the rush adrenaline, its only popular because streamers rush it and promote it and then youtube and all the kids go where their favorite asshole streamer is and their friends. 

They are moving like swarms from game to game regardless if its fun or not.

Im not buying the fake hype.

51 minutes ago, yian88 said:

Honestly all other game differences aside, there is 1 thing this game doesnt have and thats atmosphere and the feeling of rush at start and end like PUBG, both PUBG PC and mobile are amazing. At start you can jump in one of the more popular areas of the maps where good gear is and rush to gear and kill everyone you can and at the end the rush is amazing even after all this time my heart is pumping trying to pay attention or when you have to watch for the bushes at the end simply best feeling no other BR replicated so far which is why im stuck in PUBG.

Also players in Apex dont play very well togheter i had to mute voice chat due to too many (fornite kids prolly) screaming in my ears and being useless, in PUBG i only hear mature vocies in apex is only kids like those youtube videos you see about console toxic voicce chat kids.

Im going to pass this game it doesnt have the rush adrenaline, its only popular because streamers rush it and promote it and then youtube and all the kids go where their favorite asshole streamer is and their friends. 

They are moving like swarms from game to game regardless if its fun or not.

Im not buying the fake hype.

lol. Rushing definitely is great and frantic at hot zones. The pubg also gained popularity due to streamers. You can ping system, voice lol don't even need it.

Quit trolling man and go play, practice :D

13 hours ago, yian88 said:

If i didn't read properly i thought you were explaining Apex gameplay right there. Jumping into high tier loot area marked by blue circle or jump straight into supply ship.

21 hours ago, Commodus said:

That's... not really correct. The footspeed record (Held by Bolt, set in 2009) is 27.8 mph. 26 mph is essentially top 1% world record holder olympians with zero gear and the best shoes.

There's not even a remote possibility that even a fairly fit soldier is going to be running at 26 mph, especially in armour - unless the armour is actually an exosuit that augments his speed.

Based on a minimal amount of research, a fully loaded soldier with Patrol Gear (approximately 16kg worth of gear) can do around 18.6 mph - for extremely short distances (we're talking 100m or maybe 200m tops).

So a fully loaded soldier running 26 mph is basically Captain America in Infinity War when him and Black Panther get way ahead of the regular soldiers during the "rush" towards the enemy.

With that in mind? Maybe the suits are exosuits, powered suits that augment the abilities of the wearer. If so, then the speed doesn't really matter, since the lore can explain away pretty much any speed. But an Exosuit running at 26+ mph is not realistic to begin with, so there's that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 2/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, mr moose said:

Stocks go down, Stocks go up, Stocks go down, stock go up.  Stocks go down, Stocks go up, Stocks go down, stock go up. Stocks go down, Stocks go up, Stocks go down, stock go up. Stocks go down, Stocks go up, Stocks go down, stock go up.

Watch, tomorrow (or sometime in the not too distant future) they will go down a gain. 

Let's just hope no one will make a thread every time this happens, this is a tech forum and not stock analysis platform ?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

12 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

top 1% world record holder olympians with zero gear and the best shoes.

And very specific surface he is running on.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

2 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

And very specific surface he is running on.

That too. Perfectly curated path designed to be the optimal surface.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)