Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dylanthompson2

Spotify banning ad blockers

33 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I'm confused, can you clarify what this "student credential" is?

Because you said it was for a bank for student loans.

Is this your Student Loan account? Is it your login username? What exactly did you send them?

Don't you have a student card? Have you asked them what else they would accept?

sorry about that, the student credential at my university is a certificate that you can print out that gives banks everything they need to give you a student loan, or loan in general. It is used for verification purposes that the person who holds it is actually a student. Sorry for the confusion. I have a student card, but it the email they specifically asked for a schedule. I am taking 1 semester off for work, but I still am an "active student". 

31 minutes ago, Sgtkeebler said:

sorry about that, the student credential at my university is a certificate that you can print out that gives banks everything they need to give you a student loan, or loan in general. It is used for verification purposes that the person who holds it is actually a student. Sorry for the confusion. I have a student card, but it the email they specifically asked for a schedule. I am taking 1 semester off for work, but I still am an "active student". 

Oh okay - my apologies, such a thing does not exist in Ontario, that I'm aware of.

I would contact support again and ask specifically what exactly is missing from the certificate.

For Sale (lots of stuff):

Spoiler

[FS] [CAD] Various things

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

15 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I couldn't answer that question. What annoys you about the ads? Is it annoying because it's taking up your time? (Eg: you're annoyed simply because you have to watch an Ad to begin with?) Or does a specific ad just annoy you because of it's content?

Some ads are totally annoying. I find a lot of TV ads to be annoying - especially since they tend to be a little longer. The sweet spot is 15 seconds for me. A 15 second ad I will generally let run start to finish, unless it's a product I have zero interest in or is irrelevant (Eg: menstrual supplies). 30 second ads are fine as long as it's not all the time.

1. Ads of products that I could not use are annoying. More than once I found the advertiser website to read some version of  'DEFINITIVELY NOT SHIPPING TO POLAND'.
2. Ads that are overly loud are annoying.
3. Ads of products I don't need are annoying.

4. Ads of products that I know are shit and have better alternatives are annoying.

And then, when I finally get a nice ad, it gets old really fast.

One time I was riding a bike back from work in winter at night on a road with a really narrow roadside, the kind where if you move your hands wrong for a second you're going to fall down a steep hill. YouTube rewind ad comes up with a really loud shout that I thought was behind me, which made me turn my head really fast and nearly go down, some hours later I had ads blocked on yt.

16 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Is it annoying because it's taking up your time? (Eg: you're annoyed simply because you have to watch an Ad to begin with?) Or does a specific ad just annoy you because of it's content?

Content. Might be country based... but here, the Spotify adds that are not from Sky/spotify self promotion, are the worse, in every way. Anyone not able to mentally block them out would be ashamed/embarrassed/shocked by their content. It's not "your annoyed because your being you", it's "these adds are ing to be annoying [lets go find the worse adds we can and put them in our product], and force you to turn off/buy premium".

7 hours ago, Loote said:

One time I was riding a bike

You shouldnt do that in the first place, police should hand out pretty hefty fines for this dangerous and very bad practice....

On 2/15/2019 at 6:25 PM, jagdtigger said:

You shouldnt do that in the first place, police should hand out pretty hefty fines for this dangerous and very bad practice....

There's no law against that where I live, so I stick to the opened headphones without worries. I've over 10 000 km mileage with no 'I couldn't hear it so I didn't notice it' situation, probably because my headphones dampen sound less than car's closed windows. Are you speaking from experience, or is it just something someone said?

3 minutes ago, Loote said:

There's no law against that where I live, so I stick to the opened headphones without worries. I've over 10 000 km mileage with no 'I couldn't hear it so I didn't notice it' situation, probably because my headphones dampen sound less than car's closed windows. Are you speaking from experience, or is it just something someone said?

Sad experience with bikers in my country. Top it off its the same ppl who dont have any kind of prism, west, or lamp/blinker...