Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uttamattamakin

Windows 10 May Reserve Another 7GB For Updates.

7 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Yeah, when hardware was expensive, higher dev costs made more sense. As hardware gets cheaper, high dev costs no longer make sense.

I understand that, but when you are a software company, which is by far the most widely used PC operating system, then maybe you should invest some money into optimizing it.

"It costs money" is to me not a valid excuse for doing a poor job. Again, imagine if Volkswagen used that excuse for poor miles per gallon results compared to their competitors.

"It costs a lot of money to make the engines more efficient".

And yes I understand that Microsoft makes money basically regardless of how well optimized Windows is. I can understand business decisions for how to allocate resources without having to agree with it. What I am saying here is that I wish Microsoft would take better care of Windows than they do.

As a consumer and user of their product, I don't really care how much money they make from something. What I care about is how good the product is. I am not here to argue how Microsoft can create a product I will buy with as little effort as possible. I am here to voice my opinion about how I think Microsoft should make the product better for me. I am not employed by Microsoft so I don't have any obligation to defend them. I am a user so I should express what I want.

6 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

You cant store programs in the cloud................ Im done with you.

Most users have chrome/Firefox/edge, office, and maybe Spotify. (According to you, most use FB, email, and YouTube -- so even the Spotify app is extra especially since a web player exists). Most "normies" doing things in the cloud equates to very few local programs and 32gb being sufficient.

Don't get upset with me because your argument is flawed.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Posted · Original PosterOP
17 hours ago, 79wjd said:

Most users have chrome/Firefox/edge, office, and maybe Spotify. (According to you, most use FB, email, and YouTube -- so even the Spotify app is extra especially since a web player exists). Most "normies" doing things in the cloud equates to very few local programs and 32gb being sufficient.

Don't get upset with me because your argument is flawed.

One could argue that every website... for that matter every app that was ever hosted on a mainframe or server was hosted "in the cloud".  The idea of a PC as a thin client that can run a few programs locally is not new or strange.