Ryzen 3000 Leaks

Deus Voltage
5 minutes ago, WelshDdraig said:

But if it is - Intel is basically f**ked...

Only issue is that AMD has to ship a shitton of chips to gain marketshare.

AMD is better off partnering with premium brands like Apple, LG and Surface to gain mindshare. That is where it truly counts. 

AMD wont tip 50% marketshare in a long time. The best they can do is build mindshare from the connections they have.

Just now, VegetableStu said:

I'm guessing Apple would focus on singlethreaded performance first (all the viewports and user work), so if for a power budget they can get something better than intel at that aspect having more cores would be a secondary "let's all laugh at our previous generation and our competition" thing o_o

6 core + Navi GPU is all that is needed really. With some liberal boosts on singlecore up to 5ghz. 

I can see AMD reserving the best 6/7 (1 or 2 failed cores) core chiplets for that purpose.

Having Navi 20 instead of Vega 20 is a big uplift

14 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

oh right forgot about thunderbolt o_o i mean intel is "trying to" open up the standard a bit, but...

Cant apple leverage their part in the development and create chips that run on PCIe Lanes? I mean, there is a possibility of PCIe 4.0

(Edit: you know what i mean.)

Speaking of pci-e 4.0 ...

With pci-e x4 it would be cool if AMD allows the 16 lanes to be split into  x8 + x8 or x8+ x4 + x4  or  x8 + x4 + x1 + x1

Since pci-e 4 x8 is more or less equal to current pci-e x16 , some may want to run a video card at x8 and maybe a 4K capture card on the other x8 ... or maybe route a x1 or a x4 to another m.2 connector.

We could have "budget" m.2 drives (for example those with QLC memory) running at pci-e x1 , which would still be 2 GB/s in either direction.

3 minutes ago, Tedny said:

is that 5.1Ghz on 4 cores boost, yea, there isn't reason anymore to buy inter for gaming 

we still have to see the effects of the 2 + 1 aproach to latency 

That 3700x though I might have to consider it.  Though I have no idea if my current cooler be enough for it. 

6 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

That 3700x though I might have to consider it.  Though I have no idea if my current cooler be enough for it. 

the noctua dh-d15?

if thats what you have i see no issue with the new CPU

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

the noctua dh-d15?

if thats what you have i see no issue with the new CPU

Yeah I was paying attention to the high core counts and increased base clock.  Though it looks like the wattage is the same to the 1800x?

1 minute ago, LordOTaco said:

Yeah I was paying attention to the high core counts and increased base clock.  Though it looks like the wattage is the same to the 1800x?

i mean, you have a noctua for gods sake. that is like the best you can have. plonk a 2990wx under it and you would be fine. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

i mean, you have a noctua for gods sake. that is like the best you can have. plonk a 2990wx under it and you would be fine. 

Yeah I'm probably worrying about nothing.

9 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Even the 3850x at the listed specs shouldn't run any hotter than a 9900k. And the dh-d1 will handle that.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

pretty unfair comparing anything to wallripper o_o

The leaked 3850x is an AM4 Ryzen part. Threadripper 3 is going to be a whole other beast.

1 minute ago, CarlBar said:

The leaked 3850x is an AM4 Ryzen part. Threadripper 3 is going to be a whole other beast.

think he/she meant walletripper. or he meant wallripper as you need to put a morgage on your house to buy it. in that sence you loose your "walls"

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

pretty unfair comparing anything to wallripper o_o

isnt that right aluminiumtech

Wow. If these price are real, then Ryzen 5 1600X has the same specs as Ryzen 3 3300.... but 100 bucks lower... damn

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i meant like the obtuse nickname for The LGA1151 CPU that Drew Too Much ._.

Ooops, sorry :p.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Mythbusters did prove you can polish a turd though.

Does Ryzen 1800X and 2700X look like one? Or all the Threadrippers? I think not. They were exactly what they promised. Why should 3rd generation be any different? Unless someone entirely made up the specs, they are probably exactly what we read.

If Jim (adoredtv) manages to guess both the navi/playstation and Zen2 stuff right, he's going to be hands down the best hardware analyst on internet.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Wow! Seriously....Wow! I really hope that 3850X is real cause that will 100% be my next purchase.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

>ryzen 3 3300

>99$

>6 cores/12 threads

>4GHz

Well Intel's superfucked assuming this is true

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

14 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

how's his track record for intel and nvidia? o_o no good if it's just AMD (since that implies having a friend in AMD somewhere and they could just shut them off at some point)

He pretty much nailed it for everything regarding nvidia in the last years, and I'm pretty sure it's valid for intel too, though there wasn't a lot to speculate since they're stuck on 14nm

If you didn't I suggest you to watch his videos. You can skip the old leak ones since the products have been released, but there are many more about the market, company strategies and technology that are very interesting.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

7 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

>ryzen 3 3300

>99$

>6 cores/12 threads

>4GHz

Well Intel's superfucked assuming this is true

I wonder how high would it overclock. I would be impressed if it reached 4.4-4.5GHz or above

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Just now, Quadriplegic said:

I wonder how high would it overclock. I would be impressed if it reached 4.4-4.5GHz or above

Fuck man, if GHz was the exact same as single core performance this thing would be somewhat close to the 8700K (although still pretty different), for fucking 99$

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

21 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

how's his track record for intel and nvidia? o_o no good if it's just AMD (since that implies having a friend in AMD somewhere and they could just shut them off at some point)

He's been calling stuff based on pure guesstimation on his part based off information allready out there/ he's just really good at talking what's available and predicting off it. Mostly because he's really good at understanding and spotting interconnections.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

nah they've just ryzen to the challenge

3 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Can't believe they are ditching everything below 6 cores! Would be an Epyc move though ;) 

Nice puns you two. And yeah the Ryzen 3 was probably the biggest suprise of this set of leaks for me. That if true is basically going to kill far more of intels lineup than even i was expecting.

The rest, i kinda got caught out on the combination of upped core count and significantly upped frequency, (the R9's aside which i basically called), but that was because i expected one or the other, not both, but i allways acknowledged both was possibble, i just didn't think they'd do it because of thermals.