Sleeper Rig

Kazuhiro

people like you deserve a cookie

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

I knew this was going to be interesting just be looking and the title but this was beyond amazing.

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

This is brilliant! Something I dream of doing, getting an old case and putting a beast system in it then going to a LAN and beating everyone else's computer...

Love it

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

These are my favorite kind off builds!

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

I love old school case revivals... paint that plastic Bezel

Would look Sweet. Powder coat looks great.

Nice work.

Finally someone with a FSP PSU! I bought a 500W about a year ago and I can honestly say it's the quietest PSU I've ever heard but then again I haven't tried out Seasonics. This was a cool build log! Great to see someone making use of old parts (the case).

This is so unbelievable. Awesome creativity, you would never expect that case to pack that much performance (Hence the name sleeper :P). Fantastic work mate.

likes =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Friend coming over to your house.

Friend: Pfft wow nice PC kurt kobain whats its proccesor? Celeron?
You: Oh it runs a 4770k.

Friend: ...

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Awesome internals, I don't get the point of sleeper builds but it's definitely interesting.

Awesome internals, I don't get the point of sleeper builds but it's definitely interesting.

I get it and did it once. I also did a reverse sleeper rig with a P3 before :P

I personally think half the fun is the modding.

I would do it if I lived in a high crime rate area, who's going to try and steal a computer that big when it looks like it's only worth $10 at the local cashies?

P.S I have exactly the same case for my HTPC, :D

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I personally think half the fun is the modding.

That I do get, but if you're going to put in all the work, why not have it look as good as it does on the inside?

• 2 weeks later...

Haha that's why I wanna see it. There must be some socery going on back there that somehow you've managed to fit all those cable. :D

Sorry man totally forgot about this!

Here goes...at least you can't see any of this ghetto from the front haha

yQ77Q9l.jpg

*spew*

Kazuhiro, on 31 Dec 2013 - 9:48 PM, said:

-snip-

Haha it is not really as bad as I thought it would be. Neat work with the gaffer tape. Nothing that a gaffer tape cannot fix with.  :)

Did I just see an intel celeron inside sticker?!

Oh god, Imagine how much you could troll saying you had that processor in your PC while you play BF4 on Ultra

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Thats pretty kewl, you should go to a gaming tournament and show up with this. Wonder what they would think...

Spoiler

I wish you wouldn't have shown me your "cable management" ...  5903221_std.gif

Otherwise I really like the idea of all of that power masked by a bland and completely forgettable exterior +1

*spew*

YES DUCT TAPE

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Knock on wood. If for any reason your house became a victim of theft, that thing would not get taken. Would love to see a plasma mounted inside of a sleeper projection TV or an IPS in a massive CRT monitor.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013