Sleeper Rig

Kazuhiro

mATX cases very regularly have 5 slots. To be a atx case you need at least 7.

True, but boards only have 4 slots. In order to take advantage of the extra slot the leftmost slot on the board will have to be 16x.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

True, but boards only have 4 slots. In order to take advantage of the extra slot the leftmost slot on the board will have to be 16x.

Many higher and boards do e have the last slot being x16, especially one based on X series chipsets.

Also it nice to have everything to mount a usb header to make use of the extra on board ports.

Yah turns out the bottom slot wasnt the full package, so I've changed to the identical atx version of this motherboard - the Z87X-D3H.

Also got ahold of an asus xonar to make use of the extra slots.

Confused...

I bought an atx mobo so I can put the cards a slot apart and use an audio card

Gotcha, though u wanted mATX though.

Well the 330R fits atx so why not haha, dont worry it didnt cost me a dime

oh yea...

Awesome build man,  I have the full atx version of your mobo. gigabyte z87 boards are underrated IMHO

old system dead ... new one soon

• 2 weeks later...

This build inspires me to do a sleeper pc build with a old (5 year old) compaq pc.

Oh MY GOD!!!!!!! @Kazuhiro This is the most freaking awesome build I have seen in my life. Ok at first I thought when you were taking the case apart you were gonna do some serious recoloring of the outside of the case, and I was totally confused as to why such an old case. Then, after I saw the final result I was freaking dying. That rig from the outside looks like the most POS junk yard trash 1995 PC I have ever seen, yet when you open this monster it demands respect. This shit is freaking off the wall dude, I love it!

Edit: What are you doing with your build now? Why did you sell your water cooling to a friend? What your plans to replace this "temporary" cooler?

P.S. I like the new case tho your parts deserve it.......although the old one was a pretty cool disguise.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I have always wanted to make a case with the name Beige Bandit...

love the upgrades!

that would destroy my stealth rig! beast!

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016