Sleeper Rig

Kazuhiro

I assume they only work with corsair PSUs?  I have a EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD Certified 1300W 

yes and I thought the EVGA has sleeved cables. It might be because you have the gold or maybe that was only the 1500watt i dont remember.

Should work. The connectors are pretty universal. You might need to fight with it a bit to get it in however.

PS: I have the same PSU, loving that beast

i wouldnt risk it the pin outs may be different.

Please put the floppy drive back in and connect it for authentic looks.

Other than that 10/10 :D

who cares...

yes and I thought the EVGA has sleeved cables. It might be because you have the gold or maybe that was only the 1500watt i dont remember.

Correct only the 1500W has the individually sleeved cables.  The 1300W has pretty decent cables, PCI are red and the rest are black.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Correct only the 1500W has the individually sleeved cables.  The 1300W has pretty decent cables, PCI are red and the rest are black.

there are a few places that will sleeve your cables if you send them to them

there are a few places that will sleeve your cables if you send them to them

@FTW_Perverse

Check out http://lutro0-customs.com/ hes pretty well respected for custom cable sleeving jobs

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

@FTW_Perverse

Check out http://lutro0-customs.com/ hes pretty well respected for custom cable sleeving jobs

I think I just saw something on FrozenCPU about them.

@FTW_Perverse

Nice!  Looks like a great site to get myself into some custom sleeving.  Thanks!

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

Nice!  Looks like a great site to get myself into some custom sleeving.  Thanks!

they can also make it for you as well

Thats awesomeand great idea, you pulled it of well  :)

CPU: i5 3570k CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+ Mobo: Asrock Pro 4 Z77 GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 PSU: Seasonic G 650w HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SSD: Kingston v300 Sound Card: Asus xonar dg MonitorAcer K272HUL, HP 22bw 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G400 Mousepad: Steelseries Qck+ Case: Corsair Air 540 Fans: 4x Noctua NF-P12 (saving up for more)

• 10 months later...

Hey guys just an update on this.

Although I've had fun with this build, I have finally decided to tear down the case in pursuit of a modern case. 

I was looking at the Phenom M, but after seeing linus' build which had sli and ssd+hdd configuration like me,

I didnt want to sacrifice all of my ventilation just to get my parts in there. 

Any case recommendations? I'm a bit stuck. 

I want it to be compact, although I will go up to a small atx at the most.

I want to fit my 4 slots worth of graphics cards and possibly a sound card, my hdd and ssd, with plenty of ventilation,

Needs to be quiet and rather on the modest side in appearance. 

Cable management capability to an extent, although after using this case I'm sure I'm capable of organizing any enclosure.

It does not need to facilitate the water cooling however, as I will switch to a tasteful 120mm air cooler.

Thank you for all your help.

How about a Deep Silence 4 from Nanoxia. I was going to suggest the Antec Sonata Solo II but thats for standard ATX.

Hey guys just an update on this.

Although I've had fun with this build, I have finally decided to tear down the case in pursuit of a modern case. 

I was looking at the Phenom M, but after seeing linus' build which had sli and ssd+hdd configuration like me,

I didnt want to sacrifice all of my ventilation just to get my parts in there. 

Any case recommendations? I'm a bit stuck. 

I want it to be compact, although I will go up to a small atx at the most.

I want to fit my 4 slots worth of graphics cards and possibly a sound card, my hdd and ssd, with plenty of ventilation,

Needs to be quiet and rather on the modest side in appearance. 

Cable management capability to an extent, although after using this case I'm sure I'm capable of organizing any enclosure.

It does not need to facilitate the water cooling however, as I will switch to a tasteful 120mm air cooler.

Thank you for all your help.

Five PCIe slots means ATX. mATX has 4 at most.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Five PCIe slots means ATX. mATX has 4 at most.

mATX cases very regularly have 5 slots. To be a atx case you need at least 7.

Yep there are a few 5 slot Matx cases on the market. This will allow me to use both GPUs with a sound card in between. I may even buy an atx case if its the base minimum in size for one. I've been through dozens of cases over the years and my favourite ones to build in are the conventional designs, such as the solo ii you mentioned.

10/10 Great build, it's a shame you've decided to pull it apart though.

If you're still on the hunt for a newer case, would recommend anything from Nanoxia.

Hey Guys

Went out today and had a look at my options available, was a close decision between the fractal mini, silencio 354 and Corsair 330R - Went for the corsair.

Bought a temporary air cooler, 212 evo, which I will use until find a real fancy heatsink.

Quick Pics soon

Yep there are a few 5 slot Matx cases on the market. This will allow me to use both GPUs with a sound card in between. I may even buy an atx case if its the base minimum in size for one. I've been through dozens of cases over the years and my favourite ones to build in are the conventional designs, such as the solo ii you mentioned.

The solo two has a nice layout and is one of my most favorite cases ever. Supports SLI, A small HDD RAID array and an ssd as well as an optical drive an something else. Most, even higher end, builds can be done in it. Well as long as you ingnore full water cooling. The only think I wish it had was more room behind the MB tray for cables.

Hey Guys

Went out today and had a look at my options available, was a close decision between the fractal mini, silencio 354 and Corsair 330R - Went for the corsair.

Bought a temporary air cooler, 212 evo, which I will use until find a real fancy heatsink.

Quick Pics soon

I actually had the 330R and did a nice Ivy Bridge 3570K build in it, had dual 670's and later 770's. I eventually sold of the build too fund my Anthrax one and cut down on my number of computers. I do wish the build quality would be a bit higher but thats kinda for all corsair stuff.