Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Does anyone have experience with a Roccat Ryos MK? Thinking about that one, but the Steelseries 6Gv2 caught my eye for being the cheapest of mechanical keyboards in my country. If anyone knows, can you reccomend me sites that have cheap international shpping? (I live in Latvia, so there's not much choice, plus I'm 15, so my budget is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tight :( )

Does anyone have experience with a Roccat Ryos MK? Thinking about that one, but the Steelseries 6Gv2 caught my eye for being the cheapest of mechanical keyboards in my country. If anyone knows, can you reccomend me sites that have cheap international shpping? (I live in Latvia, so there's not much choice, plus I'm 15, so my budget is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tight :( )

The 6Gv2 is a pretty good keyboard IMO. How cheap is it for you as you call it "the cheapest" you can find??

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

The 6Gv2 is a pretty good keyboard IMO. How cheap is it for you as you call it "the cheapest" you can find??

It's approximately 90 euros and that's pretty much the cheapest you can find.

I yet have to test the MX Blacks and the typing experience on them, because I'll be not only gaming but also doing projects.

The Roccat keyboard interested me because it has macros and a built-in wrist rest.

I've also found the Zowie Celeritas keyboard, that has MX Browns in it.

I've had experience with browns by messing around with the GT80 Titan laptop in a store and I quite liked them.

What do you think?

I yet have to test the MX Blacks and the typing experience on them, because I'll be not only gaming but also doing projects.

The Roccat keyboard interested me because it has macros and a built-in wrist rest.

I've had experience with browns by messing around with the GT80 Titan laptop in a store and I quite liked them.

What do you think?

I dont like blacks, but others do. Its all about personal preferance, you are going to have to try them first,

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I dont like blacks, but others do. Its all about personal preferance, you are going to have to try them first,

Im not sure you could have made that more racist lol

Im not sure you could have made that more racist lol

I hate blacks, I dont think they should exisist, they are stupid, but others love them.

See, I can.

Still taling about keyswitches tho :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah. I guess the same could be said for whites, but it doesnt sound as bad, and they are alot more rare.

My main reason for not liking Cherry MX blacks is they are just to heavy for me?

Whites are the best ! :D I don't get why manufacturers don't go ahead and put them in more keyboards

Just got an update about the ducky shine 4 mass drop group buy.

"Based on the current production schedule, we are expecting the order to be ready to be picked up by very end of July"

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

What do you think?

I think the Zowie Celeritas and 6Gv2 are both good keyboards, but one of the biggest problems that people have with these 2 keyboards is their layout with that big enter key. If you do not mind that then those are the keyboards I recommend.

I'm not too familiar with Roccat keyboards so I can't say much about it. :S

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I just got a K70 RGB with Browns from Massdrop. OH. MY. GOD. It is one of the best keyboards I have ever used! I am mainly a Macbook Pro user, so I am used to that kind of keyboard, but oh man are the browns good to type.

Now I just need to learn the software to make it do cool stuff!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

I just got a K70 RGB with Browns from Massdrop. OH. MY. GOD. It is one of the best keyboards I have ever used! I am mainly a Macbook Pro user, so I am used to that kind of keyboard, but oh man are the browns good to type.

I don't get the macbook reference but congrats :) has the software for the k70 improved in ease of use? It got hated hard when it released

I don't get the macbook reference but congrats :) has the software for the k70 improved in ease of use? It got hated hard when it released

My work computer is a Macbook Pro, and and I have been a mac user for the last 8 years so I'm used to that flat switch type keyboard.

The software is much better than reviews I heard when it came out, but it is far from intuitive. It's easy to set colors, but making effects is where it gets wonky. It's very, very powerful (just look on youtube for all the cool effects), but has a steep learning curve.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

I finished my Sprit60.  Sorry @Charger I wasn't able to take a tone of pictures for a build log.  I started to with my cellphone, but the pictures looked like shit, and I my DSLR wasn't charged.

Here are some of the finished product.

o3C5tadh.jpg

1aAwxauh.jpg

I guess I will just have to do it myself then lol

I love the look of it. I really like the 2 tone cap look on keyboards.

I'm waiting on mine to come through (It's probably already in the UK and just left in a warehouse by customs until they can be bothered to send it over). I bought the K95 RGB w/ Browns from the same drop and whilst I've typed on reds and blacks, of which I preferred the blacks for short typing sessions, I haven't spent much time with browns.

And the type of keyboard you're on about uses scissor switches. It's a membrane keyboard but with a scissor blade-type action on the keypress rather than prodding the membrane with a long plastic tube like most membrane keyboards work. They are really nice to type on once you get used to the travel distance.

Got this in the mail the other day so I guess it means I'm building a 60% keyboard and suck at taking photos

Qizokun.jpg

the build is still a bit away since I'm still waiting for parts and needing to order parts

My work computer is a Macbook Pro, and and I have been a mac user for the last 8 years so I'm used to that flat switch type keyboard.

The software is much better than reviews I heard when it came out, but it is far from intuitive. It's easy to set colors, but making effects is where it gets wonky. It's very, very powerful (just look on youtube for all the cool effects), but has a steep learning curve.

Sounds promising ! Maybe I'll get a corsair product if they come up with a 75% one day

I picked up a k70 red with reds (wasn't really looking for reds but it was an impulse buy since I had 3+ year old gift cards stacked up and it was on sale).

Definately more to my liking than the blues I've used before (so much quiet) and actually the lack of software has really been a major boon as I currently bring it to work everyday to use on the mac mini I am forced to code with (eww but o well) and that's been a lifesaver over the shit the comp came with.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

finally done with my infinity build ! :)

I went with a happy mix of whites and greens and I must say they are really something to type on. my first mechanical keyboard had browns and I felt like they weren't responsive enough. I'd describe the whites as more "precise" greens with the release point at the same height as the actuation point (maybe I'm talking doodoo but that's what it feels like) with less loud of a click.

Here are some pictures : http://imgur.com/a/hxI8S

The build went rather well except for the stabs which were too tight at first and the cutout for the usb chord which was too small. Nothing a good ole' swiss knife can't fix though ;)

I finished my Sprit60.  Sorry @Charger I wasn't able to take a tone of pictures for a build log.  I started to with my cellphone, but the pictures looked like shit, and I my DSLR wasn't charged.

Here are some of the finished product.

o3C5tadh.jpg

Smexy!

never knew you have a drunken bruh...

I think the Zowie Celeritas and 6Gv2 are both good keyboards, but one of the biggest problems that people have with these 2 keyboards is their layout with that big enter key. If you do not mind that then those are the keyboards I recommend.

I'm not too familiar with Roccat keyboards so I can't say much about it. :S

Nah man/girl (don't know, so don't judge) it's fine I'll probably buy either one of them because I've been getting the most reccomendrations on it!  :D

Nah man/girl (don't know, so don't judge) it's fine I'll probably buy either one of them because I've been getting the most reccomendrations on it! :D

Post pics when you get one! (And I'm a dude.)

Post pics when you get one! (And I'm a dude.)

Will do! Hopefully going to get some gift cards for the shop where I found the keyboard, so I'll hopefully opst one soon!

I'll probably buy custom keycaps, any idea where to buy keycaps? (I need international shipping because I live in Latvia).

Hopefully then the keyboard will look nicer.