Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

OK.

Unfortunately, no key caps are avslible for my apple adjustable keyboard. The stems are different then other alps.

Yep but your have one of THE keyboards so I think your fine. :P

Yep but your have one of THE keyboards so I think your fine. :P

What do you mean

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My G710+ decided to shut down a row of keys out of nowhere yesterday... As a revenge move i threw it out and bought a K70 with browns. Don't much care for RGB lights... it's the only difference right? just colors in the lights?

Opened up the G710+.. couldn't do anything but remove lots of dust out of it.. :( looked fine, so no idea why the keys stopped working (it's Caps lock all the way to the enter key). Anyone ever have this happen? Google gave me no answers there..

I have no signature

What do you mean

That's a end game keyboard in my opinion. What do you think @Charger ?

That's a end game keyboard in my opinion. What do you think @Charger ?

I like it but it means very little to me I would rather have like a kishsaver or something like that.

I like it but it means very little to me I would rather have like a kishsaver or something like that.

Yea but its one of those boards like a spacesaver or an industrial with a trackpoint.

Yea but its one of those boards like a spacesaver or an industrial with a trackpoint.

ya i could see it being on the same level as a spacesaver

I have a CM Storm Quickfire TK with cherry reds... I kinda want to transition to an actual TKL with Cherry blues though.

Also, for me, the whole LED backlighting got to be a bit old pretty quick and I wish that I had gone with a bit more of a standard keyboard without backlight keys.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

Spray painted G710+ with MX Brown switches!

Woah that's sexy as hell, might I ask what spray paints you used? I have the same keyboard and I'm starting to get tired of the default look, might be a fun project. If it's a new keyboard I would recommend you be careful certain keys such as the G keys, esc, F, and the set above the arrow keys, my keyboard's  G1 key broke within the first 3 months and now 14 months after purchase i have 5 broken keys. And the worst part is that logitech wants me to ship my entire keyboard to them, they will replace any broken caps for free but I have to pay shipping both ways :/

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

Woah that's sexy as hell, might I ask what spray paints you used? I have the same keyboard and I'm starting to get tired of the default look, might be a fun project. If it's a new keyboard I would recommend you be careful certain keys such as the G keys, esc, F, and the set above the arrow keys, my keyboard's  G1 key broke within the first 3 months and now 14 months after purchase i have 5 broken keys. And the worst part is that logitech wants me to ship my entire keyboard to them, they will replace any broken caps for free but I have to pay shipping both ways :/

thanks =) I used flat black and flat white Krylon spray paint for plastic, and then i clear coated with a satin Krylon coat as well,

here's the post i made on reddit, the imgur album has some more pictures, i remember seeing small cracks in the stems of my keycaps when i took them off :o , hopefully it will last.

good luck man if u plan to do this :)

My non-LED full sized keyboard : CM Storm Quickfire XT Stealth.

Fitted with cheapo blank white key caps (don't have enough to do the proper layout). Painted it grey so the black key caps would pop out a bit more, which is a very easy job to do. Still needs a bit of top coat though.

t3nFZ2K.jpg

ya i could see it being on the same level as a spacesaver

industrial with a trackpoint higher or lower?

industrial with a trackpoint higher or lower?

I would say the industrial with track point is higher but that may be because the kishsaver is up in the top lol (I say this without fully knowing their associated value or demand)

I think it'd be nice if he did :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Well things haven't gone too well today! I got my Dremel through in the post and got to work on cutting down the TKL plate which was slightly wrong and thought I would re-purpose it for my 60% build. I was cutting the thing when it split across the 2 key and down to the S key. I am not sure what happened but I took a look and it looked like there was some sort of hole which I cut into and it just split because of it... The thing is now in the bin and I am going to have to buy a 60% plate now... Good thing it should only cost £20ish!

Keycaps and PCB are on their way now! Already got all the switches!:D

Well things haven't gone too well today! I got my Dremel through in the post and got to work on cutting down the TKL plate which was slightly wrong and thought I would re-purpose it for my 60% build. I was cutting the thing when it split across the 2 key and down to the S key. I am not sure what happened but I took a look and it looked like there was some sort of hole which I cut into and it just split because of it... The thing is now in the bin and I am going to have to buy a 60% plate now... Good thing it should only cost £20ish!

Keycaps and PCB are on their way now! Already got all the switches! :D

images? Also sounds odd there must have been a lot of stress in that metal for it to do that

Keycaps and PCB are on their way now! Already got all the switches! :D

Man that sucks.  I'm about to start building my Nerd 60, and Face W 60% boards. Just waiting on a few more parts.

Man that sucks.  I'm about to start building my Nerd 60, and Face W 60% boards. Just waiting on a few more parts.

keep us updated and maybe do a build log for it

(secretly trying to get more build logs of keyboards going on this forum)

images? Also sounds odd there must have been a lot of stress in that metal for it to do that

czNH9MH.jpg

Here is a piece of it. I chopped it up as I was angry with it... As I cut into the piece which split, it sparked and a piece of hot metal fell in my shoe (I have a blister on top of my foot).

Dont think I was stressing the metal too hard. I was cutting about 2-3cm before giving a minute or so break. The cutting disk was getting hot...

czNH9MH.jpg

Here is a piece of it. I chopped it up as I was angry with it... As I cut into the piece which split, it sparked and a piece of hot metal fell in my shoe (I have a blister on top of my foot).

Dont think I was stressing the metal too hard. I was cutting about 2-3cm before giving a minute or so break. The cutting disk was getting hot...

to bad but you will probably end up with a plate you like better this way anyways.

Cheeto and Dorito fingers on my mechanical keyboard make me cringe

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

Cheeto and Dorito fingers on my mechanical keyboard make me cringe

They get cutoff and never touch any keyboard again.

My very own Infinity keyboard kit just shipped from MD :D very much excitation rite naw