G3258 + GTX750Ti = BOTTLENECK?

Will a Intel G3258 with a GTX750Ti bottleneck? 

Thanks ! ! !

Ya. My English isn't very good. I'm not really good in talking English but I'm learning...You making fun with my English, so WHAT??? You get what?? You can just correct the people and this is better than laugh at the people...

Absolutely not. Unless you overclock one. But if you ask me, that's a match made in freaking heaven!

Will a Intel G3258 with a GTX750Ti bottleneck? 

Thanks ! ! !

Depends entirely on the application. In MMO's/MOBA's, they tend to only use 1-2 cores anyways, in which case, you will be fine. In older AAA titles, you might get lucky and get by with a G3258 (Mine plays Witcher 1, 2, Battlefield 3, Dark Souls 1 and 2, and so on) but some of the latest AAA titles require more than 2 cores to function properly. Far Cry 4 would not even load on a G3258, and games that do load, like GTA 5, will have problems with texture streaming (Buildings becoming invisible, being able to see through the floor, invisible obstacles),

I would only recommend getting a G3258 for 3 reasons.

1. You are a novice overclocker that wants to learn how to overclock without risking damage to a more expensive processor.

2. You are going to buy an i5 or i7 later on, but you don't exactly have the cash right now, but you will in a month or two.

3. You only do web browsing, or MMO/MOBA gaming. 

If you do not meet any of these 3 criteria's, then i would invest in an i3 or 860k.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Get a quad core anything. Because I was super disappoint in the performance of my dual core (non OC, 2.5 ghz) and my 750 Ti. 

That setup is fine but dual cores are dead.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

get a 860k your much better off with that than a Pentium

an 860k and a 260x or a 750 ti will get you 60 fps at lowest settings 1080p on bf4 which is pretty damn good for the price

Lol if only amd fan. 860K loses to the 3258 in gaming

http://www.techspot.com/review/1017-best-budget-gaming-cpu/

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Lol if only amd fan. 860K loses to the 3258 in gaming

http://www.techspot.com/review/1017-best-budget-gaming-cpu/

I own a G3258 (I use it as my daily PC paired with a GTX 770) and i have to say, that website is clearly not listing some important information.

Yes, the G3258 CAN get those framerates that it reports, but it stutters often in certain area's of Witcher 3. GTA 5 has to be capped to 45fps, because allowing it to go beyond that, causes the CPU to fall behind on the texture streaming, resulting in invisible structures and textures. I do not recommend buying a G3258 with the intent to play AAA titles, because the experience will not be pleasant for all games. 

This video shows the stuttering and pop-in textures i am referring to. Like i said before, this is a result of having a GPU strong enough to exceed 60fps or more. The solution to stopping this is an artificial frame limit, as it was the only possible method to make the game run smoothly on my rig and my brothers. I load textures in from a Samsung 850 Pro too, so it was not the same issue as using a slow HDD on GTA 5. 

With a weaker GPU like the GTX 750 Ti, you shouldn't be getting much higher than 45fps on GTA 5 anyways, so it should not be an issue. That being said, the G3258 will still hurt in other games like Far Cry 4 and Dragons Age Inquisition. Where it is playable (with patches) but still stutters quite a bit. To put it simply: 2 cores is no longer enough.

Worked great for me

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Worked great for me

the point @MageTank is trying to convey is that for just 5-8 bucks more, you can get just as good a platform (some FM2+ boards are much more feature rich then the low end intel boards anyway).

The Athlon x4 860k is unlocked. At stock it is 15% weaker then a i3 4160.

If you OC it to 4GHz + it gets within 3-5% of a i3 4160... yet it costs nearly 30 bucks less...

That is a good deal

For an even better deal, you can "move up" to the FX 6300. Which is capable of playing any game at decent framerates, even arma3.

The FX is also unlocked, costs around 95-100 bucks. So 10-15 bucks cheaper then an i3 4160.

For the price, the FX is the better choice these days.

Cheaper then a i3, about as good in general, except in games using only one or two cores. In games using more then two or four cores, the FX will perform equal or better then the i3 4160. With a mild OC, it will outperform the i3 in all but single or dual core games.

i3 is better for MMOs and MOBAs and older titles (games before 2013, or games using DirectX8/9/10)

If building new you should avoid that amd garbage and grab a Skylake i3

the point @MageTank is trying to convey is that for just 5-8 bucks more, you can get just as good a platform (some FM2+ boards are much more feature rich then the low end intel boards anyway).

The Athlon x4 860k is unlocked. At stock it is 15% weaker then a i3 4160.

If you OC it to 4GHz + it gets within 3-5% of a i3 4160... yet it costs nearly 30 bucks less...

That is a good deal

I agree with this part for the most part. If you really are limited on your budget, and have no intentions to upgrade any time soon, then an 860k is the better option when compared against a G3258.

Now when it comes to the FX part, i just cannot recommend a nearly 4 year old CPU to anyone at this day in age. The FX series will get the job done in AAA titles, but that terrible IPC and FPU performance will hold you back in MMO's. My G3258 is worlds faster than my FX 8320 in MMO's (GW2 and Elder Scrolls Online being two that i currently play). Even in those AAA titles, your minimum frame rates will suffer when using an FX CPU. The only way i would be able to recommend an FX CPU, is if someone already has an AM3+ board to use one. Even then, i would strongly suggest they look into buying used i3's/i5's, or sell the board and invest in FM2+. 

Here is what a cheap 860k combo will cost: 

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($52.38 @ Newegg) 
Total: $111.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-09 16:18 EDT-0400

Here is what a similar board quality i3 setup will cost: 

Motherboard: ECS B85H3-M(1.0) Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($46.91 @ Amazon) 
Total: $163.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-09 16:22 EDT-0400

Here is what an FX 6300 combo build costs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($56.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $156.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-09 16:21 EDT-0400

The 860k and 6300 will perform the same with lower end GPU's, with little to no difference at all. The difference is, the 860k is $40-$50 cheaper, which could be spent on something like an SSD, which will offer way more performance than the gap between these two CPU's. The i3 is $50-$60 more expensive, and comes with a terrible ECS board. That being said, the i3 will perform worlds better in single threaded scenarios (MMO's, MOBA's, games that don't scale with core count) and even shows some advantages in MMO's, and has the superior upgrade path down the line.

Granted, Hyperthreading is not magic. It will crumble in workloads such as compression and video encoding, and will not multi-task as good as the FX 6300. My entire point is, pick the right tool for the job. Know what you want out of your hardware, and buy the right hardware that will give you what you want. I know some people put heavy importance on buying hardware that will last them until the future, but you also have to remember that you get what you pay for. If a $70 CPU could last you years, why buy a $400 CPU in the first place? There is a reason people don't upgrade their $350 CPU's every year, and that's because they paid a high premium for longevity.

This is not about which brand is superior. It is about getting the best performance for your dollar. If you do heavy multi threaded workloads, the FX 6300 is going to be the winner in this price bracket. If you play MMO's/MOBA's alongside some AAA gaming, the i3 might be your best option. If you do a mix of gaming with some extra multi tasking, the 860k is a nice balance of the two, at a much lower price.