Star Wars Battlefront 3 - PC Requirements Listed ( 16GB Memory! )

Yep, got an Early Access code from a DICE developer.

Sweet, I'm preloading it atm hopefully it will work, only some games work with my internet at uni, hearthstone being one of them most other games like rocket league or CS don't. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

tommorow is open beta so we can all test it :P i am curious though how my hardware will handle it..

i wonder how it runs at 4k , shooters are usually decently optimized

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

it is also a way for the industry to make people upgrade..

Far too many PCs run dual cores and GTX Thermi/Kepler/HD 6000 or 7000 series still.... Not that these machines cannot be used to play games. But developers has to try their best to make sure these people also can play... which is why graphics is nerfed in the texture deparment... because you can only have so many copies of a texture before a game becomes excessivly storage hungry... i mean 40-60GB is quite a lot of space, especially given that load times is not getting better and SSD storage space is not getting cheap fast enough to combat the ridiculous storage requirements with newer titles... (most devs dont bother with multi layered files and makes many large files instead of one huge)

I look at it as more of a scare tactic but I see where youre coming from.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

HAH.

I laugh at all those who said "16gb isn't the new minimum". WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

Yeah Trik you didn't read did you ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yeah Trik you didn't read did you ?

I did. I am laughing at those who say "the 8gb minimum isn't going anywhere" when it clearly is going away.

(I've seen a couple people say this in build suggestion threads)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I did. I am laughing at those who say "the 8gb minimum isn't going anywhere" when it clearly is going away.

The minimum is still 8GB only recommended is 16GB...(And the actual game uses 5GB)

RTX2070OC 

Why do you want it to go away ? what's your problem with 8GB ?

And you know the game specs are always like just over exaggerated.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Battlefront 3.

You shouldn't judge until the game is out.

Someone obviously didn't read what I said.

"Do i think it's going to be a fine game? Yes."

"Do i think it will be a cool addition to star wars? Yes"

But the game has such little in actual likeness to battlefront they have no right to call it that, and no gamers have the right to call it battlefront 3, which is not only WRONG, because that's not the name of the game, but also wrong in that dice has no right to call it "battlefront 'whatever' ." This game is far closer to a Star Wars battlefield than any Battlefront.

What makes a battlefront, as set by Battlefront (1) and with the addition of Battlefront 2

• Swappable 3rd Person / 1st Person
  • Unmodifiable, swappable classes giving all player equal ground
  • minimum 32v32 matches, up to 64v64 (128 player cap)
  • Space Battles
  • Galactic Conquest gm - Both SP and MP
  • Single Player story mode / Offline mode
  • Many, many, many unique maps
  • Addons allowing players to create mods for the game on PC.
  • AI filling empty player slots on both online, and SP games, keeping the action across the map.
  • Air Vehicles on some maps, ground vehicles on all larger than 'small' maps 
  • Game modes like, conquest, CtF, KotH, TDM, FFA.

There are more there, but let's just leave that for a moment while we look at what this game has to offer.

Battlefield: Star Wars Edition, as it compares to the real Battlefronts

• Swappable 3rd and 1st person, 
  • AI in offline/coop mode.
  • Air vehicles in some maps, ground vehicles on maps.
  • Similar game modes.

Alright, that's not looking very much alike. Only scoring 3.5/11 as what i've just compared to as being battlefront. Now lets look at how it compares to battlefield.

Battlefield, as established by Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, 4, and Hardline.

• First Person - save special situation
  • Vehicles on most maps, Air Vehicles on large maps
  • Destrucible environments
  • Modifiable classes, some loadouts particularly early are not efficient/require lots of play to make work.
  • 16v16 normally max in a match. 32v32 in battlefield 3.
  • Game modes like, Demolition, Rush, TDM, conquest.
  • Bullet Drop / pseudo realistic munitions mechanics
  • heavily based on Squad play
  • DLC up the ass.
  • Battlelog... the nightmare...

Once again, there are more, but those are core to what battlefield is. Now lets look at,

Battlefield: Star Wars Edition

• Swappable 3rd/1st Person
  • Vehicles on most maps, Air vehicles on large maps.
  • Semi-Destructible environments.
  • Modifiable classes
  • 16v16 matches
  • Game modes like... Demolition, TDM, conquest, otherwise known as, the same game modes, but with different names.
  • Pseudo realistic munitions mechanics
  • Heavily based on squad play
  • ALREADY DLC, AND EXCLUSIVE CONTENT FOR DELUXE PREORDERS
  • Very luckily, no shitty battlelog.

Alright, so thats... 8.5/10 on core. Hmm... It's almost like... This game, when to take away the fact that its star wars and you have third person, that this game is almost exactly like battlefield... Hmmmmm.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Battlefront 3.

You shouldn't judge until the game is out.

Still isnt "Battlefront 3" sorry.

Have you played Battlefront 3? I have, it isn't battlefield, as someone with 410 hours put into BF4 I can say that.

Funny Since there is no "battlefront 3". I've played the new Battlefront game, it feels exactly like what BF3/4 would be in 3rd person with jumpy boost mechanics from CoD. It's basically an extravagant overhaul mod in the guise of starwars, the same way Hardline was. Won't be surprised if the next "Battlefield: Insert Franchise Gimmick Here" is the same.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

But the game has such little in actual likeness to battlefront they have no right to call it that, and no gamers have the right to call it battlefront 3, which is not only WRONG, because that's not the name of the game, but also wrong in that dice has no right to call it "battlefront 'whatever' ." This game is far closer to a Star Wars battlefield than any Battlefront.

What makes a battlefront, as set by Battlefront (1) and with the addition of Battlefront 2

• Space Battles
  • AI filling empty player slots on both online, and SP games, keeping the action across the map.

There are more there, but let's just leave that for a moment while we look at what this game has to offer.

• Similar game modes.

Alright, that's not looking very much alike. Only scoring 3.5/11 as what i've just compared to as being battlefront. Now lets look at how it compares to battlefield.

• Modifiable classes, some loadouts particularly early are not efficient/require lots of play to make work.
  • DLC up the ass.

Once again, there are more, but those are core to what battlefield is. Now lets look at,

• Modifiable classes
  • 16v16 matches
  • Game modes like... Demolition, TDM, conquest, otherwise known as, the same game modes, but with different names.

Alright, so thats... 8.5/10 on core. Hmm... It's almost like... This game, when to take away the fact that its star wars and you have third person, that this game is almost exactly like battlefield... Hmmmmm.

Rekted 

Woot 660 master race, 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Still isnt "Battlefront 3" sorry.

Funny Since there is no "battlefront 3". I've played the new Battlefront game, it feels exactly like what BF3/4 would be in 3rd person with jumpy boost mechanics from CoD. It's basically an extravagant overhaul mod in the guise of starwars, the same way Hardline was. Won't be surprised if the next "Battlefield: Insert Franchise Gimmick Here" is the same.

This reminds me of the people who hated Halo 4, simply because it added something to the franchise. "Oh but this isn't a flash clone of halo 2/3, this is shit"

Batllefront 3 might not have space battles and galactic conquest (yes, I realize that sucks), but when it comes to the actual game it is a battlefront game.

It's like saying a new sport themed Volkswagen isn't a Volkwagen any more because it has a larger, more powerful engine and ABS, but lacks a manual gearbox and cup holders.

Games chance, they SHOULD change. Don't hate the devs for trying to make something new from the already expired, when all they hear is complaints about everything being the exact same.

Battlefield now (3/4/hardline) is an FPS that tries to be many things at once, it is why it is good, it is why it is bad. It is very similar to many games in it's genre, it is no surprise that it would be similar to battlefront 3 as the devs even decided to add some of the things that would work from battllefield.

If they had just literally re-skinned battlefront 1/2, without actually adding any of the things that other similar games today have, would you/anyone play the game a few weeks after launch. Even though that is still going to happen because they removed so many things.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

This reminds me of the people who hated Halo 4, simply because it added something to the franchise. "Oh but this isn't a flash clone of halo 2/3, this is shit"

Batllefront 3 might not have space battles and galactic conquest (yes, I realize that sucks), but when it comes to the actual game it is a battlefront game.

It's like saying a new sport themed Volkswagen isn't a Volkwagen any more because it has a larger, more powerful engine and ABS, but lacks a manual gearbox and cup holders.

Games chance, they SHOULD change. Don't hate the devs for trying to make something new from the already expired, when all they hear is complaints about everything being the exact same.

Battlefield now (3/4/hardline) is an FPS that tries to be many things at once, it is why it is good, it is why it is bad. It is very similar to many games in it's genre, it is no surprise that it would be similar to battlefront 3 as the devs even decided to add some of the things that would work from battllefield.

If they had just literally re-skinned battlefront 1/2, without actually adding any of the things that other similar games today have, would you/anyone play the game a few weeks after launch. Even though that is still going to happen because they removed so many things.

• Space Battles

• Similar game modes.

• DLC up the ass.

• Modifiable classes
  • 16v16 matches

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

A part of my post was meant address yours, just seems like you didn't read it.

The new battlefront is similar to battlefield because the battlefield franchise tries to be everything.

Maybe that din't come across clearly enough, sorry. 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Its recommended, not required. Stop getting your panties in a bunch. Its the same thing with every AAA game we've seen lately, they think you should be balling out on hardware, when you dont need it.

Edit: Ppl also need to understand that 16GB is becoming more or less the standard that 8GB filled years back.

16GB is in no way, shape, or form, the standard. 8GB is still more than enough for 75+% of people.

A part of my post was meant address yours, just seems like you didn't read it.

The new battlefront is similar to battlefield because the battlefield franchise tries to be everything.

Maybe that din't come across clearly enough, sorry. 

Yes, with a remodel of battlefront two, i would play the fuck out of it. Update the models, textures, maps, weapons, and mechanics and awesome. But don't remove 2/3rds of the game and dare call it battlefront.

Whats the AMD  equivalent to a i5 6600

It doesn't exist.

Whats the AMD  equivalent to a i5 6600

There isn't one. The closest would be an FX-83xx or 9590.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

found a video of an alpha gameplay on AMD hardware.... pc specs in description... FX 8350 - stock, 280x, 16 GB RAM ...looks like AMD cpus can run this just fine...

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Whats the AMD equivalent to a i5 6600

LOL. Some unreleased 2016 Zen CPU.

But I'm sure it will run very smoothly on AMD's current CPUs. Probably with framerates not as high as Intel though.