Star Wars Battlefront 3 - PC Requirements Listed ( 16GB Memory! )

16GB? Yeah, no. it does NOT NEED that much 100% - I am expecting another poorly coded train wreck.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

16GB is in no way, shape, or form, the standard. 8GB is still more than enough for 75+% of people.

And youre saying that on a gaming oriented thread.

Lemme rephrase it -

For gamers and anyone other than the average Joe shmoe, 16GB is becoming a standard.

Happy now?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This reminds me of the people who hated Halo 4, simply because it added something to the franchise. "Oh but this isn't a flash clone of halo 2/3, this is shit"

Batllefront 3 might not have space battles and galactic conquest (yes, I realize that sucks), but when it comes to the actual game it is a battlefront game.

It's like saying a new sport themed Volkswagen isn't a Volkwagen any more because it has a larger, more powerful engine and ABS, but lacks a manual gearbox and cup holders.

Games chance, they SHOULD change. Don't hate the devs for trying to make something new from the already expired, when all they hear is complaints about everything being the exact same.

Battlefield now (3/4/hardline) is an FPS that tries to be many things at once, it is why it is good, it is why it is bad. It is very similar to many games in it's genre, it is no surprise that it would be similar to battlefront 3 as the devs even decided to add some of the things that would work from battllefield.

If they had just literally re-skinned battlefront 1/2, without actually adding any of the things that other similar games today have, would you/anyone play the game a few weeks after launch. Even though that is still going to happen because they removed so many things.

There is no Battlefront 3. Dunno why you are trying so hard to not see this. And that VW example is wrong.

It's like a chinese copy cat car maker bringing back a much loved VW car that had ALL the good shit, then stripping that away leaving you with basically what VW have already done with another car of theirs, then charging you (no doubt with dlc, etc and whatnot) to add all the perks the car previously had on the standard car + w/e else they can cook up.

When they butcher a game, take shit out they had managed to put in nearly 10 years ago at the end of this month, then paywall that cut stuff (yes its happening), then nah. They failed and fucked up.

To answer your last question, yes. Because the game was THAT MUCH FUN. Did you even play it? I'd give my left nut and right kidney to be able to play the plethora of maps and epic space battles we had back then on current gen tech for the visuals.

Seems people now-a-days settle for game's that have less than the original and force you to pay to get anywhere near it.

Oh and its a Battlefield game altered to be battlefront. The same way Hardline is Battlefield altered to kinda be like payday. Don't worry, sheeple and kids will flock to it to validate you saying its "BF3" lol.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

16GB? Yeah, no. it does NOT NEED that much 100% - I am expecting another poorly coded train wreck.

It's recommended. That doesn't mean anything other than it being recommended.

Besides, these titles using the latest and greatest in graphics are going to be moving forward, so higher specs are going to become the norm.

It's recommended. That doesn't mean anything other than it being recommended.

Besides, these titles using the latest and greatest in graphics are going to be moving forward, so higher specs are going to become the norm.

16GB is still bullshit - Witcher 3 barely goes past 5-6GB

GTA V doesn't need even 8GB

Defaq are they doing with 8-16GB? I doubt the game is optimized at all...

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

16GB is still bullshit - Witcher 3 barely goes past 5-6GB

GTA V doesn't need even 8GB

Defaq are they doing with 8-16GB? I doubt the game is optimized at all...

And Witcher 3 recommended 8 gigs.

I'm sure it's optimized. If it wasn't, Digital Foundry wouldn't be getting 60+fps on a 290x at ultra.

16GB of RAM recommended = "Look at us, we can't fix all the memory leaks".

Or they can't give proper system requirements. Oh well, I hope it's not as leaky as the BO3 beta.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

And Witcher 3 recommended 8 gigs.

I'm sure it's optimized. If it wasn't, Digital Foundry wouldn't be getting 60+fps on a 290x at ultra.

290X is not a card to sniff at - if it was getting anything less than 60 fps it would mean Batman AK all over again.

16GB of RAM recommended = "Look at us, we can't fix all the memory leaks".

Or they can't give proper system requirements. Oh well, I hope it's not as leaky as the BO3 beta.

you want leaky? Try HoMM7 - that shit is bad. Just bad

There is no Battlefront 3. Dunno why you are trying so hard to not see this. And that VW example is wrong.

It's like a chinese copy cat car maker bringing back a much loved VW car that had ALL the good shit, then stripping that away leaving you with basically what VW have already done with another car of theirs, then charging you (no doubt with dlc, etc and whatnot) to add all the perks the car previously had on the standard car + w/e else they can cook up.

When they butcher a game, take shit out they had managed to put in nearly 10 years ago at the end of this month, then paywall that cut stuff (yes its happening), then nah. They failed and fucked up.

To answer your last question, yes. Because the game was THAT MUCH FUN. Did you even play it? I'd give my left nut and right kidney to be able to play the plethora of maps and epic space battles we had back then on current gen tech for the visuals.

Seems people now-a-days settle for game's that have less than the original and force you to pay to get anywhere near it.

Oh and its a Battlefield game altered to be battlefront. The same way Hardline is Battlefield altered to kinda be like payday. Don't worry, sheeple and kids will flock to it to validate you saying its "BF3" lol.

Did you not read trough properly, or should I have used strong language to express my disappointment in the removal of things?

I never said that them removing things was good, I said it was bad, that doesn't change the fact that the part of the game you get is battlefront, I am not defending every damn choice the devs have made. I am defending the things I think they did well, I simply cannot stand people bashing something to shit when one aspect is not to their liking.

Please read and try to understand what I am trying to convey, communication is not so one-sided, you not even trying to do that is insult enough.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

And this is why I stopped playing games and just play competitive CS GO, fuck all these un-optimized engines with shitty netcode. 

I think with people doing things like streaming which means chrome open while gaming 16gb it's required to leave something as a sacrifice to chrome

I was getting to the point where I was just playing games with chrome open and I was getting low memory warnings with 8gb. I upgraded real quick cuz either my game or chrome would force close.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

I was getting to the point where I was just playing games with chrome open and I was getting low memory warnings with 8gb. I upgraded real quick cuz either my game or chrome would force close.

Happened to me on earlier Witcher 3 builds but seems to be a lot better as of the last couple patches. My system stays at 5.6gb before it used to go all the way up to 7 and page file crashing shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Whats the AMD  equivalent to a i5 6600

Simple...Nothing.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

I'm sure the game will utilize  4-6 gb ram but if ya got other applications running in the background especially chrome people will find the limitations and why 16 is recommended.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Good thing I have 16GBs of RAM then isnt it? lol

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

OP Here.

Just ran beta on 760 / Xeon 5650 no worries. I can see more vram being beneficial. Memory wasn't an issue so far.