Unofficial R9 Fury X reviews master post.

marldorthegreat

I did that So its easy to put the original review and put my thoughts and comments about the review. And maybe put a strawpolll if people agree with it or not.

I know, but since it's the 24th I thought the reviews were all out when I saw you post. :(

You mean tease!

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Digital storm has their benchmarks in their website. First published scores I'd trust.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

my signature is. 

Went through all that only to find out that the video is blocked here in Germany. But the thought was appreciated. 

Looking forward to seeing HBM perform. Hopefully AMD are going to make up for their disgraceful rebadging. Having a competitive GPU market is good for everyone.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

If the overclock in those benchmarks is the norm... :/ 

Also, only 40W more power draw should be fine, depending on how that was measured. I'm sure most of you will say otherwise, though.

NDA now lifted and still nothing?! whats going on!!

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

I like how 26 people have already decided that they are not disappointed by the Fury X, and 13 people have decided that they are. It means that to these 39 people it literally does not matter how the card performs, they still have made up their minds to love/hate it.

Cool idea but each review is going to get it's own (multiple) threads anyway.

Maybe with mods support this could be the central thread for reviews, otherwise Fury X reviews will flood this TN&R forum.

I tried counting all the AMD threads from the last 2-3 weeks and it was like 25 threads or something.

Usually I get hate whenever I say "do we really need another thread about X? We have like 6 other threads about the same device already up" but I think most people agree that this thread is a good idea.

NDA now lifted and still nothing?! whats going on!!

No, 50 minutes to go.

And we have reliable Digital Storm benchmarks now.

I like how 26 people have already decided that they are not disappointed by the Fury X, and 13 people have decided that they are. It means that to these 39 people it literally does not matter how the card performs, they still have made up their minds to love/hate it.

Uh, no, those who voted are obviously attentive enough to have seen the Digital Storm benchmarks that went up 4 hours ago, and seen that it's in line with (if not better than) AMD's own benchmarks, and gone off of that.

In the case of those who ARE disappointed, maybe.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

my signature is. 

my signature is. 

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

I tried counting all the AMD threads from the last 2-3 weeks and it was like 25 threads or something.

Usually I get hate whenever I say "do we really need another thread about X? We have like 6 other threads about the same device already up" but I most people agree that this thread is a good idea.

Actually it would be cool if someone wanted to waste time to do some statistics on this matter.

I voted onion, because i like onion. :D

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

@ That Norwegian guy,

Sorry was only going by the countdown clock on the original post :(

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

I just saw there are heat tests when compared to Titan X. Can't really compare those since it's water cooled vs air cooled. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I just saw there are heat tests when compared to Titan X. Can't really compare those since it's water cooled vs air cooled. 

Yeah you can, there both stock coolers. Like we compared the titan z to the r9 295x2 in terms of cooling. Amd has the better stock cooler.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Looks pretty decent so far. On par with Titan X/Ti. Can't wait for more to come in. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Looks pretty decent so far. On par with Titan X/Ti. Can't wait for more to come in. :)

only half an hour to go!

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Yeah you can, there both stock coolers. Like we compared the titan z to the r9 295x2 in terms of cooling...

Yes, they are both stock and they are both flagships, but it's quite pointless, you know which one is gonna be better (if done properly).

Yes, they are both stock and they are both flagships, but it's quite pointless, you know which one is gonna be better (if done properly).

But hopefully it will push nvidia to improve there current stock cooler

But hopefully it will push nvidia to improve there current stock cooler

Yeah hopefully they'll finally have a new design and efficiency with Pascal. I'll keep praying. Ha

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Actually I think you can - AMD invested to bring a WC to their stock cards, for that purpous.

They steped up their game.

Actually I think you can - AMD invested to bring a WC to their stock cards, for that purpous.

They steped up their game.

Or who knows, maybe with air cooling it would overheat like crazy  :lol: /jk