[POLL] Is it time for a gaming news section?

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

It's on the list. Nick is out of the loop ;) Not everyone interested in hardware is interested in games or even vice versa, so I can definitely see the merits of a dedicated sub-section for this.

We have a lot of changes lined up and still in discussion, and we'd rather roll out everything together. But if there is a high desire for this we can talk about implementing it sooner rather than later.

With the Tech News sub forum getting swamped with gaming news over the last 6 months I think its time to add Gaming News and declutter the Tech News forum.

What does everyone else think?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

That would be nice! 

Maybe an E3 archive for each year e.t.c

Yes.

But there is probably going to be a lot of overlapping.. But yes, I do believe we need it. (if only to not annoy those people who complain about gaming news in tech news)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Interested to know what @LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg @CAT think too.

If its a definite no then it'd be good to hear that :)

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I don't really think it's necessary as gaming & tech is so intertwined most of the time (eg. the new Batman game, pretty much every thread on any forum/news site is about how poorly it runs on x hardware). Maybe I'm wrong though.

I don't really think it's necessary as gaming & tech is so intertwined most of the time (eg. the new Batman game, pretty much every thread on any forum/news site is about how poorly it runs on x hardware). Maybe I'm wrong though.

Maybe as UltraNeonGaming said do a sub section for the news section. It fit in where it is but there seems like there is too much about gaming in there, enough to warrant its own sub section of the news.

When I visit the tech news part I'm often there for hardware or related technology news, but yeah, a sub section or similar  for gaming news would be good. Maybe the best way to implement it would be to have filters, e.g gaming news, hardware news, software news, other, all. 

For some reason we named our Cat Earl... But meh I don't really care. The reason for the vast amounts of gaming news is because of all the tech conferences in the first half of the year. Though gaming news is technically tech news.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

It's on the list. Nick is out of the loop ;) Not everyone interested in hardware is interested in games or even vice versa, so I can definitely see the merits of a dedicated sub-section for this.

We have a lot of changes lined up and still in discussion, and we'd rather roll out everything together. But if there is a high desire for this we can talk about implementing it sooner rather than later.

Cheers for the reply, that's good news.

I love gaming and love reading gaming news but I feel that I go to the Tech section for hardware news and its a tad annoying trawling through 20 topics about XXX game runs like shit to find actual hardware news.

Perhaps gaming news is to vague, how about hardware news and software news, hw being physical stuff and sw being anything coded (OS, games, office, visual studio etc). That might make both sub forums get more equal use.